Five

Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Lots of talking in this chapter

Byul-yi spends the rest of the week avoiding Yong-sun at all costs - cancelling their meetings, leaving her office before Yong-sun could ask her to lunch and walking in the opposite direction if she sees Yong-sun.

Yong-sun on the other hand, has been trying to get ahold of the CEO so they could talk about what happened on Monday. However, she was always met with either an empty office or a frantic Byul-yi literally running away from her. Though she has to admit, the sight of the younger girl running like she has seen a ghost is one of the funniest things she has seen.

Byul-yi looks at the clock mounted on the wall, groaning when she realizes that she has been so preoccupied by her work that she has worked past her usual lunchtime. I'd better get out of here before Yong-sun swings by.

Just as she was about to get up from her seat and start her new daily routine of steering clear of Yong-sun, a knock on her door causes her to freeze in on the spot.

Please let it not be Yong-sun. She closes her eyes and lets out a sigh, "Who is it?"

"It's me, Whee-in." Whee-in replies and Byul-yi exhales a breath she didn't even know she was holding.

"Come in." Byul-yi says, sitting back down on her chair.

Now that Whee-in is here, she knows she won't have to be alone with Yong-sun even if she did show up. Whee-in opens the door and steps in, "Unnie, I have a question for you." She states, closing the door behind her and locking it.

"Why did you lock the door?" The CEO asks, "You're not going to do something weird to me again, are you?" She questions, thinking about the time Whee-in chased her around the office with a dead beetle.

Whee-in closes the door behind her and locks it quietly with a sly smile, "Unnie."

"What's with that smile of yours?" Byul-yi chuckles, looking up from the screen of her computer, blissfully unaware that the door to her office has been locked by the younger girl.

"I've got something to show you."

"What is it, Whee-innie?" Byul-yi asks with anticipation, her attention back on her work, half expecting Whee-in to show her something exciting, or at the very least, fun.

"I found this on the ground earlier," Whee-in extends her arms towards the outer girl, palms upwards with a dead beetle on them.

Byul-yi hums, "Hmm?"

A high pitched scream rang through the room as soon as Byul-yi focused her eyes on Whee-in's hands, "Get that away from me!" She yells, clambering out of her chair, "You know how much I hate insects!"

"Why are you running from us? Mr Beetle would like a word with you." Whee-in teases and chases after Byul-yi, who was scurrying towards the exit.

"Why wouldn't this open?" The older girl asks, pulling at the door handle, confused and exasperated that it would not budge.

"I did that one time," Whee-in replies, "Almost two years ago." She emphasises as she walked towards the CEO's desk.

"Doesn't mean you didn't traumatize me."

"Fine," Whee-in gives in, sitting down across the taller girl, "I'm here to talk to you about Yong-sun."

Byul-yi furrows her brows, "Oh, okay. Is everything alright?" 

"I should be the one asking you that." Whee-in says, her eyes narrows and focused on the other girl, "Tell me what's going on."

"What do you mean what's going on?" Byul-yi knows very well that Whee-in has caught on that something has happened between Yong-sun and her.

"I mean what I mean." Whee-in rolls her eyes, slightly impatient with Byul-yi's act of ignorance, "Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about."

"I've been avoiding Yong-sun." Byul-yi confesses, covering her face with her hands, elbows on the desk.

"She told me, and to be honest, anyone with eyes could tell as well." The singer says, "The question is, why?"

Byul-yi removes her face from her hands, "She didn't tell you?"

"No," Whee-in shakes her head, "I found her alone in one of the practice booths crying and I asked her what's wrong, and all she told me was that you've been avoiding her and she hasn't been able to talk things out with you."

"Oh." The older girl deflates, her heart aching at the thought of Yong-sun crying over the situation between them, "Is she alright?"

Whee-in raises an eyebrow, "Why don't you ask her yourself?" She questions, waiting for Byul-yi to stop beating around the bush and tell her the truth.

"She found out about DaHee."

Whee-in gasps, "You're telling me she didn't know about your relationship during the entirety of your friendship?"

"I just never thought to tell her." Byul-yi mumbles under her breath quickly, averting her gaze from the younger girl.

"Or were you keeping it from her consciously?"

"Maybe I was, I don't know." The other girl groans, "I don't know why I did that.'

"If I were you, I'd re-evaluate my feelings." Whee-in says, crossing her legs, "For DaHee and for Yong-sun."

"You think I have feelings for Yong-sun?"

"I know you have feelings for her, unnie." The latter states, "It's so blatantly obvious, I've been waiting for you to figure that out but look where that got you." She chuckles, amused by Byul-yi's obliviousness, "I know you were dense but I didn't think you were this dense."

"Actually, I've been struggling with that." Byul-yi admits, biting her lower lip, "I like DaHee, I really do. She's great, but..."

"She's not Yong-sun unnie." Whee-in finishes her sentence, to which she nods with guilt, "You do realize, she's not the same person that you loved, right?"

"I know she doesn't recognize me Whee-i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter