Eleven

Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: A slightly shorter chapter today that doesn't involved MoonSun. Thought I should spend a bit of time writing about our Hye-jin's love life. 

"The cat caught your tongue?" Gabriela smirks, looking on as Hye-jin struggles to speak, shocked beyond words by what she is seeing.

"You catfished me." The lyricist says, finally able to produce audible words, "Is this a prank? Are there cameras around?" She asks, scanning the place for cameras. 

"Why would I use such a big chunk of my free time, which I rarely have, by the way," Her date responds, getting up from her seat, "To pull a prank like this? Besides, my baptismal name is Gabriela, so technically, I didn't catfish you." She adds with a grin, the dimple on her right cheek showing, "You look beautiful." 

Hye-jin blushes, realizing that she had jumped into conclusion without giving the other girl a chance to explain, "I'm sorry I accused you, I was... surprised." She says, "You look stunning, as always."

Gabriela chortles, "As always?"

"I follow you on instagram," Hye-jin admits, feeling a little embarrassed, "You always look great." She comments, "And I'm not just saying that because we're on a date, or the fact that you're -" 

"Hye-jin-ssi." Gabriela cuts her off with a small smile, "Right now, I'm off work and on a date with a beautiful woman." She states, "I'm not the idol that the public knows, okay?"

The younger girl nods, seeing the eagerness within Gabriela to be seen as a normal civilian and be treated like any other person would be. 

"That aside, I booked out the entire restaurant so we could have our dinner in peace." Gabriela explains, "I know that isn't what a "normal" person would do but if I hadn't done that, we wouldn't have time to ourselves." She continues, raising her hand to signal for their meal to be served, "I've also ordered your favorite, I chose this place for their famous Gopchang. I requested for the chefs to have them prepared in multiple ways."

Hye-jin blinks blankly, flustered by the huge chunk of words that had just been unloaded onto her, "I uh- thank you."

Gabriela realizes that she had overwhelmed Hye-jin and smiles sheepishly, "Ah, I'm sorry. I ramble a lot when I'm nervous."

The girl sitting across her tilts her head slightly, "You're nervous?"

"Of course!" The singer says, "You're an amazing woman and I don't want to mess this up. The fact that you're this gorgeous is just a bonus for me."

"You're definitely not alone." Hye-jin confesses, playing with the ring on her finger, "This is the first date I've been on."

Gabriela gasps, "No way. Your suitors are probably lined up from one end of Gangnam to the other." 

"I'm serious." Hye-jin laughs, amused by Gabriela's reaction, "I've just never been one to go out on dates, it isn't really my thing." 

"What made you decide to go on a date with me then?" The older girl asks with curiosity, an eyebrow raised.

"It's a secret, for me to know, and you to find out." Hye-jin teases, causing her date to slouch over with a pout. 

"Tell me, Hye-jin-ssi." The idol whines, resting her hand over Hye-jin's, causing the girl to freeze up with nervousness. 

She's touching my hand. And God, she's so cute. 

Hye-jin clears , "Fine, only if you hold my hand." She requests after gathering all the courage she could find within herself, "And because you're so adorable." 

Gabriela's cheeks flush bright pink, enveloping Hye-jin's hand with hers, "Now, tell me."

"I don't usually feel a romantic connection with anyone, but with you, I did." She says, watching as a smile creeps onto Gabriela's face, "I want to get to know you."

"I'm glad you feel that way."

Not long after, the waiter finally arrives with their food. The girls pull their hands away from each other to give space to the abundance of food that Gabriela had ordered specially for Hye-jin. 

The rest of the date went on without a hitch and is filled with random conversations and laughter. 

Gabriela has been on many dates, most of whom would not let the fact that she is an idol go. Instead of genuinely wanting to spend time with and understand her for who she is, they used her as a "trophy" to show off to their friends. This is the first time anyone actually showed interest in getting to know her and she is happy beyond words could describe. 

"Thank you for dinner, we could've gone halfsies you know." Hye-jin says, looking over at the girl who had a cap and face mask back on; She had decided not to put on her sunglasses given it is now dark out - she wasn't about to walk into a pole from being unable to see clearly on her first date with Hye-jin.

The girls had finished dinner and fought over who would pay for the meal. Despite Hye-jin's incessant suggestion to go dutch, Gabriela eventually won their little bicker with her insistence and paid the bill after the lyricist caves in and allows her to do so. 

"You're welcome, you can pay me back by going out on another date with me." Gabriela responds, taking off her mask once they've turned into the back alley of the restaurant where Hye-jin had parked her car. 

They stopped by the vehicle and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter