Twelve

Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I hate writer's block. I wish I had better content for you today but I promise, better chapters are coming... with drama included. 

"Whee-in should be home." Byul-yi comments, unlocking the front door to her apartment. 

The couple had decided to drop by her apartment to change into a set of fresh clothing before heading out for breakfast. 

The second the door had opened, Byul-yi sees the clothes, belonging not only to Whee-in, strewn all over the floor. 

"Yah! What's with all these clothes all over the floor?" She exclaims, looking back at Yong-sun who was stifling a giggle. 

Just then, Whee-in comes out of her room, her hair tied up in a messy bun, "I'm sorry unnie, I'll clean up the mess."

"Seems like she got some action last night." Yong-sun finally breaks her silence. 

Unnie!"Whee-in finally looks up, just realizing that they had a guest, "What are you doing here?"

As Byul-yi begins to explain themselves, Yong-sun takes a glance around the apartment and spots a pair of shoes on the shoe rack. 

Why does those look so familiar?  Yong-sun frowns, searching her memories for answers. 

Her eyes widen and her jaw drops upon realization. No way.

"I'll just bring these clothes back to my room," The youngest girl smiles sheepishly, "It's nice to see you two together."

The couple nodded and smiled back in response, "It's nice to know you have a life of your own too, Whee-innie." Byul-yi winks, causing Whee-in to turn bright red as she enters her room. 

"Byulie." Yong-sun tugs at Byul-yi's arm, "I think Hye-jin is here." She whispers. 

The taller girl chuckles, "What do you mea- oh." 

"Those are her shoes." Yong-sun points to the pair of sneakers. 

"Do you really think its her?" Byul-yi asks, raising an eyebrow, "It could just be a coincidence." 

"I doubt someone else would have the same shoes and socks as Hye-jin." Yong-sun says, "What are the odds?" 

On the other side of the wall, whilst Whee-in is still blissfully unaware about the fact that she had slept with her best friend's, soon to be girlfriend's, best friend; Hye-jin is panicking about the fact that Byul-yi and Yong-sun might be standing in the living room.

"Whee-in-ssi?" 

"Hye-jin, please drop the honorifics," Whee-in chuckles, folding the clothes she had picked out from outside, "What is it?"

"Tell me your housemate isn't Moon Byul-yi and the other person with her isn't Kim Yong-sun." Hye-jin says, still a little hopeful that that may be the case. 

Whee-in turns her full attention to Hye-jin within a split second, "How did you know?"

The taller of the two groans, burying her face into the pillows for a second time, "Yong-sun unnie is my housemate." She says, her voice muffled, "And well, we both know who Byul-yi unnie is to her."

"You're joking." Whee-in responds in denial, to which Hye-jin shakes her head. 

Whee-in sighs. Just as I thought we have adverted the problem. She looks at Hye-jin with a small smile, "Would you like to go out there and greet them?" She questions, reaching out with one hand for Hye-jin to take. 

"It couldn't get worse than this, right?" Hye-jin chuckles, taking Whee-in's hand in hers and getting up from the bed. 

The two girls walked out of the room, Hye-jin ready to face the complications of having slept with the best friend of her best friend's love interest. 

Well, that would be a mouthful to explain to someone without context.

"Yah, Ahn Hye-jin." Yong-sun calls out as soon as she sees the younger girl walking out of the room, dressed in Whee-in's clothing, "When did this happen?" She questions. 

Hye-jin laughs, rubbing her neck awkwardly, "We started talking a week ago, but only met yesterday."

"You two..." Byul-yi trails off and shivers at the thought of Whee-in, someone she sees as her younger sister in bed with someone. 

"It's not like you and yong-sun unnie haven't done it before." Whee-in retorts, opening her eyes wide when she realizes what she had said after. 

The oldest girl's face turns bright red and Byul-yi shoots Whee-in a death stare, "Whee-in." She mouths, shaking her head with a slight scowl. 

Whee-in looks at Byul-yi apologetically, "I'm sorry unnie." She mouths back. 

Yong-sun, who is still flustered by Whee-in's casual comment did not see the expressions that Byul-yi or Whee-in had made, but Hye-jin had caught on to the weird interaction between the two girls. 

Hye-jin raises an eyebrow and watches them with curiosity. What are they up to?

Byul-yi clears , "Well, we'll get going and leave you two alone."

"That would be for the best." Whee-in nods, "It was nice seeing you Yong-sun unnie."

Yong-sun nods with a small smile, "I'll see you at work, Whee-in." 

Once the older couple was out of the house, Whee-in lets out a sigh of relief, finally able to breathe again. 

"What was that about?" Hye-jin asks, watching as Whee-in started grinding some coffee beans for the coffee machine. 

The older girl visibly freezes, before relaxing again and looking over at Hye-jin, "What do you mean?"

"You and Byul-yi unnie acted weird just now." 

"No we didn't." Whee-in denies, pouring the coffee grinds and compressing them into the portafilter. 

Hye-jin follows closely after the other girl when Whee-in walks away and towards the fridge, "She literally almost killed you with her eyes." 

"She's just awkward about that topic," Whee-in lies, trying to cover up the mistake that she has made, "And I did make an assumption about their pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter