Four

Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been almost a month since Yong-sun started working at Moon Entertainment. Within this short span of time, Yong-sun and Byul-yi have grown incredibly close.

Despite Byul-yi's attempts to stay away from Yong-sun so they don't break the fragile line of boundaries between them, the duo spent hours with each other at a time each day, working on album and comeback ideas for their artistes, but mostly chatting and laughing, enclosed in their own little bubble. Lunches together has also become the routine whenever their schedules matched.

The CEO knows she's not trying hard enough but she can't help but want to be close to the older girl. For her, it was like making up for the lost time between them, finding out how new Yong-sun is like and rekindling their friendship, or rather, making a new friend. At this point, she has figured out that the Yong-sun now is pretty much the same as the Yong-sun she knew, except with new experiences and lost memories.

"So you remember going to university and getting your degree but not the person you did it with?" Byul-yi asks, munching on her salad, "Interesting." She mumbles, feeling slightly dejected.

"Well, I'm not sure if I even had much friends," Yong-sun shrugs, poking at her left overs with a fork, "Apparently I didn't tell my parents much about my life then. All they told me is that I went home, upset and crying, and asked to move back in with them until I could find an apartment to rent."

The younger girl nods, "I see."

"My guess is that I had just gone through a break up, and we had been living together." The lyricist explains.

"Maybe." Byul-yi smiles softly, the vivid memories of their breakup running through her mind.

Yong-sun frowns at Byul-yi's lack of words. Sometimes she feels like the CEO had a lot on the back of her mind, and almost everyday, she found herself asking her if she's okay.

"Are you alright, Miss Moon? Did I say something?"

"Solar-ssi?" Byul-yi replies, looking up at Yong-sun, completely ignoring her question.

The older girl hums, "Hmm?"

"We're friends, right?" She asks, uncertain if her question was work appropriate, "I mean, outside of work, of course."

Yong-sun nods with a smile, "As long as we keep it professional at work, Miss Moon."

Byul-yi chuckles, putting down her utensils, "You have to stop with the formalities if we're going to be friends. Call me Byul-yi from here on out."

"Only if you call me Yong-sun."

A grin appears on Byul-yi's face, "Okay, Yong-sun."

Yong-sun feels her heart flutter at the way her name slips from her new friend's lips, "Okay, Byul-yi."

The lyricist's time thus far at Moon Entertainment hasn't been what she expected at all. Of course, she anticipated herself to enjoy her work much more as compared to when she was in her previous agency, and she did, but she definitely did not foresee herself coming home with a bright smile on her face everyday and looking forward to going to work the next day.

Yong-sun used to get home defeated, unmotivated and discouraged. She felt like her work and efforts weren't being appreciated or valued and with time, the fire within her to work hard slowly extinguished.

After she started working at Moon Entertainment, it was like she became a new person. For the first time in so long, she felt alive and it was because of none other than Moon Byul-yi.

Yong-sun sets her things down on her desk after just getting home later than usual after a long day at work. She lies herself down on her bed, not bothering to wash up or change out of her work clothes. Not long after, her phone buzzes lights up, showing a notification from Byul-yi. Yong-sun scrambles to sit up and unlocks her phone.

From: Byul-yi 9.43pm

Did you get home safe?

To: Byul-yi 9.44pm

Yes, you?

After hitting send, she stared at her phone screen, waiting for a reply from Byul-yi.

From: Byul-yi 9.46pm

Yes.

From: Byul-yi 9.46pm

Yong-sun's heart skips a beat when she sees the photo Byul-yi had sent her. She plants herself face down into her pillow and lets out a squeal, unable to keep her feelings in check.

She. Is. Out. Of. This. World.

Just then, her phone buzzes again.

From: Byul-yi 9.49pm

Also, I'm sorry I held you back at work today.

Yong-sun types in a reply, but contemplates for a bit if she should send it.

To: Byul-yi 9.50pm

That's okay, I had fun.

To: Byul-yi 9.50pm

It's good you got home safe, rest well.

From: Byul-yi

Sleep well, Yong-sun.

"What's got you all giggling and flustered?" Hye-jin asks, appearing out of nowhere.

Yong-sun jolts from Hye-jin's unexpected self invitation into her room, "Do people not knock anymore these days?"

"You left your door open, there was nothing for me to knock on in the first place." The younger girl replies, sitting down next to Yong-sun, "Let me see." She says, snatching the latter's phone out of her hands when she wasn't paying attention, "Oh my god, you're messaging your boss?"

"Yah! First you walk in unannounced, then you read through my messages," Yong-sun huffs, "Where's my privacy?"

"You should know by now there's no privacy with me around." The black haired girl shrugs, "Woah... she looks-" Before Hye-Jin could finish her sentence about the selfie Byul-yi had sent, she was cut off by Yong-sun who exhaled with a smile, "Breath taking."

"Okay, I was going to say she looks cool, but whatever floats your boat." Hye-jin raises an eyebrow, "Hold up, what happened to not falling in love with your straight boss?"

"I'm not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter