Thirteen

Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm sorry I've been MIA for the longest time, procrastination and writer's block got the better of me. I hope you'll enjoy this chapter, though shorter than usual. I've tweaked some details of MoonSun's Han River Ramen trip to fit the story.

Byul-yi taps her fingers on the steering wheel of her car as she waits at the passenger pick up area of Yong-sun's apartment block. 

It's been half a year since the two began dating, many a times Byul-yi had come close to telling Yong-sun the truth but she never had enough courage to bring it up. The older girl, on the contrary, had forgotten about the conversation she had with Hye-jin.

She looks back at the passenger seat where a camera, a tripod, a folded tent and two disposable raincoats sat. Yong-sun had read somewhere online about having instant ramyun at Hangang River and spammed Byul-yi with articles and reasons as to why they should have a date by the river. 

Needless to say, the younger of the two agreed without any hesitation. Even if Yong-sun had requested the instant ramen, Hangang River date without a reason or context, Byul-yi would say yes in a heartbeat - she would do anything for her as long as it makes her happy, even if it meant doing so in the pouring rain. 

Byul-yi turns her attention back to the front of the car and opens the glove box, before taking a tiny box out of the compartment. 

I hope she says yes. She sighs, a small, nervous smile on her face. After a moment of deep thought, she looks up and sees Yong-sun walking towards her car from inside the building. She fumbles to close the box and the glove box, shoving the item into the pocket of her shorts. 

Yong-sun smiles when she sees the brunette, jogging the last few steps of distance between them towards the car. 

"Byulie." She greets as she got in the passenger seat, planting a kiss on Byul-yi's cheek, "Are you sure you want to do this? It's raining pretty heavily, I'd understand if you didn't want to." 

"If you want to, we'll do it." Byul-yi answers with a grin, interlacing their hands. 

"We could just stay in and -" Yong-sun was cut off by Byul-yi's lips on hers, "We'll do whatever makes my girl happy." She whispers against the girl's lips, feeling a smile form on Yong-sun's face. 

"To Hangang River we go then." Yong-sun says, buckling herself in and pressing another kiss onto Byul-yi's lips. 

The ride to the river was filled with small conversations and laughter - mostly from Yong-sun when Byul-yi cracks jokes. 

"On a scale of one to ten, I'm a nine." 

The older girl rolls her eyes, "Even though that's actually true, how confident must you be for you to say that?" She chuckles. 

"Because you're the only one I need." Byul-yi adds with a wink directed at Yong-sun. 

"Tsk, why are you so lame?" 

"As long as you laugh, I'm good." 

Yong-sun turns to look at Byul-yi, who had her eyes set on the road. What have I done to deserve someone like her? 

The younger girl raises an eyebrow, "What?" She questions when she feels Yong-sun's eyes burning into her skin. 

"Why me?" 

"What do you mean?" Byul-yi asks as they turn into the parking area of Hangang River. 

"You could have anyone you wanted and yet you chose me. Why?" 

Silence creeped upon them as the brunette parked the car into the lot, her heart aching at the thought of Yong-sun feeling insecure. 

"Yong-sun." She sighs, reaching out to grab both of the other girl's hands, "I chose you because my heart told me to, because I know you're the one for me." 

"But you're Moon Byul-yi, and I'm just -" 

"And you're my Yong-sun." Byul-yi interrupts, "You have my heart, I may not be able to explain why I chose you, but I know without a doubt that I will never choose anyone else." 

Yong-sun let's out a breath, "I'm sorry for springing this on you." 

"That's okay, thank you for expressing your feelings." Byul-yi squeezes her hands reassuringly, "Shall we get to setting up the tent before the rain gets heavier?" 

Yong-sun nods, looking out of the windows to see that what once was a drizzle had become a downpour. 

The girls put on the raincoats and got out of the car, tent in Yong-sun's arms and the tripod and camera in Byul-yi's. 

"What are those for?" Yong-sun asks, tilting her head curiously. 

"To record our first date by the Han River." 

"Why?"

Byul-yi shrugs, "I found the camera I bought a while back but never got the chance to use, so I thought why not record this." 

Yong-sun hums, nodding her head. 

"I think we're here!" She exclaims

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter