One

Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning, Miss Moon." The staff of Moon Entertainment greets as Byul-yi walks into the office.

The CEO of the company smiles with a small nod, "Good morning, let's work hard together today." She says as she does everyday, to which all that are present would nod and reply in unison.

Byul-yi took pride in her good interpersonal relationships with her staff members whilst maintaining the boundaries between a employer and employee. She didn't believe in demanding respect from her staff like her father did, she preferred to earn their respect; And she did.

Five years ago, when Yong-sun left her, Byul-yi buried herself in work. Within a short span of two years, she climbed the ranks as she proved her ability and worth over and over again. Five years after she started working, her father decided she was ready to take over and announced his plans to step down and retire, making her the CEO of an entertainment company at a young age of 27.

"Whee-in is already waiting in your office for your meeting with her." Byul-yi's personal assistant and secretary, Seulgi informs her, walking at a fast pace to catch up with her boss' incredibly quick footsteps.

"Okay, and I believe the final round of interviews for our new lyricist is later this morning, correct?" She asks, stopping right in front of her office with her hand on the handle to the door.

Seulgi nods, looking at the file in one of her hands, "Yes, it's at 10am after your meeting with Whee-in." She confirms, handing a cup of coffee to Byul-yi with the other, "There are three interviews timed for thirty minutes each."

"Thank you Seulgi." Byul-yi smiles, turning the handle and stepping into the office where Whee-in was seated in front of her desk.

"Unnie." Whee-in grins, getting up to give the older girl a hug, "How are you doing?"

Byul wraps her free hand around Whee-in, giving her a firm squeeze, "I've been busier lately, but still manageable."

"Tell that to your eyebags," Whee-in chuckles, "You really need to take care of yourself, otherwise you're going to hit a wall someday." She adds.

"Unlike you, I don't have eyes that grew on my ." Byul-yi jokes, placing her coffee down on the desk and sitting down on her chair, across from the younger girl.

Whee-in rolls her eyes, "I didn't mean that literally." She huffs, "And I'm being serious, you're where you want to be, you can stop working like your life depends on it. I hope you've learnt your lesson from what happened the last time."

"I know my limits now, Whee-innie," Byul-yi assures the concerned girl, "Don't worry about me."

"It's hard not to," Whee-in comments, "Especially when you're about as stubborn as a bull."

Four Years Ago

"Unnie?" Whee-in calls out into the darkness.

It was 10.30pm and Byul-yi hadn't gone back to the apartment they shared as she usually would by 8.30pm. Whee-in grew worried when Byul-yi didn't pick up her phone - she always does.

Whee-in fumbles in the dark for the light switch and finally the lights. When her eyes adjusted to the brightness, she looked around and saw the girl lying motionless on the floor.

Whee-in immediately runs over, getting on the ground so she could check on the girl, "Unnie, wake up." She says frantically, about to remove her phone from her backpocket to call an ambulance.

Byul-yi stirs, eyes beginning to open slowly before Whee-in could make the phone call, "Whee-in?" She groans, her eyebrows furrowed together.

"What the hell happened?" Whee-in asks, helping Byul-yi to sit up, "I'll get you some water, wait here."

Whee-in runs off to the communal kitchen and came back with a glass of water, "Drink this."

"Thanks." Byul-yi mumbles, taking a sip from the glass, "I felt a little odd while preparing to leave, and the next thing I know, you're here." She explains, "My head hurts."

"Did you hit your head?" Whee-in runs her fingers over Byul-yi's scalp as she took a look to check for any bumps and bruises, sighing in relief when she couldn't feel or see any, "Have you eaten today?"

"I forgot to." Byul-yi shrugs, trying to get off the floor.

Whee-in lends a hand and helps Byul-yi off the ground, "Let's get you home, I'll make you some food. You need to eat."

The car ride back home was silent, with the younger girl checking in on Byul-yi every now and then.

"Be careful, it's hot." Whee-in says, placing a bowl of ramen infront of Byul-yi, "Eat."

"Thank you Whee-in, really." Byul-yi smiles softly, "I may have laid there till someone came in tomorrow morning if you hadn't come to check on me." She chuckles and takes a mouthful of soup.

"How can you joke when you actually fainted from working too hard?" The younger girl chides with her arms crossed, "I know you haven't been sleeping well, but I didn't know you weren't eating on time, or rather, been eating at all."

"I forget when I get too busy, I'm not doing it on purpose."

"But you are loading yourself with a ton of work though, you can choose not to do that." Whee-in points out.

"No I can't." Byul-yi responds, slightly irritated with the way Whee-in was nagging at her.

"What do you mean you can't? You ask for more work when you're done with what you've been allocated, isn't that a choice? There is no need to-"

"I can't because that's the only way I won't think about Yong-sun." The older girl bursts out, slamming her fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter