Two

Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Miss Moon?" Yong-sun breaks Byul-yi's train of thoughts, "Are you alright?" She asks, slightly concerned by the way the CEO had just drifted off into her own world.

"Hmm, yes, I'm alright." Byul-yi hums, snapping back into reality, "I'm sorry, you just look an awful lot like someone I used to know." She smiles softly.

"Oh, I see." Yong-sun responds, "I'm ready for the interview whenever you would like to start."

"Yes, let us start." The younger girl sitting across her nods, repositioning herself such that she had her legs crossed, "Tell me something about yourself that's not in the portfolio you submitted."

For Byul-yi, any form of art is about self-expression and the ability to exhibit emotional vulnerability. When interviewing and auditioning for potential staff and trainees, she looked for those attributes. To her, these traits in a person make beautiful and meaningful art.

"A couple of years ago, I was involved in a car accident." Yong-sun answers.

She must've gotten that scar from the accident. 

"Due to the accident, I suffer from partial amnesia and remember only certain parts of my life prior to it. My love and passion for song writing and music are one of the things I retained and for that, I am very grateful. I worked on the way I wrote and composed, and I always made sure they conveyed the reality of love, life, emotions, anything I'm writing about. To be honest, the agency I'm finishing my contract with doesn't suit this writing style of mine, that is why I'm not recontracting with them." She explains candidly, "But your company's willingness to let their staff experiment with their work is what I need, I believe the freedom will make me a even better lyrcist."

Yong-sun's explanation answered Byul-yi's burning question as to why Yong-sun doesn't recognize her - she's a part of the memories that the older girl can no longer remember. A part of her was relieved to know that Yong-sun has no recollection of the way things ended between them, the tears, the pain, but she was devastated that that also meant the beautiful memories they had together no longer exists in Yong-sun's world.

The CEO smiles, impressed by Yong-sun's response. The girl she knew from five years ago would not have been able to give such an honest and transparent answer to her question. Without a second thought, or any additional questions, Byul-yi stood up from her seat and extended her arm for a handshake, "Welcome to Moon Entertainment, I'm really excited to start working with you."

Yong-sun's mouth drops open in surprise, "W-what? I'm confused."

"You're hired, Solar." Byul-yi responds, her arm still extended, "None of the other candidates answered my question the way you did, their answers were... pretty superficial. But you, you're exactly what I'm looking for."

"I'm- I really appreciate this opportunity, thank you. I will work hard and prove my capability." Yong-sun stands up and reaches out to shake Byul-yi's hand that had been stretched out for at least a minute.

As cliché as it sounds, when their fingers touched for the first time after all those years, both girls felt a wave of electricty course through them. They stood in the same position, eyes locked on each other. Yong-sun can't figure out why, but she just couldn't take her eyes off of the girl she has her hands interlocked with.

After a while, Byul-yi retracts her hands and clears , "You have a talent, we will make sure you get to show that here." She says with a smile, trying to disperse the awkward tension in the air, "When can you start?"

"My last day with my current company ends this week, I'll be able to start next Monday." Yong-sun picks up her bag, "I look forward to working with you." She smiles.

Byul-yi nods, "I'll see you on Monday, Solar."

After Yong-sun has left the room, Byul-yi lets out a breath and plops herself back down on her chair. Byul-yi sat thinking about what she has done, she can't believe she has just hired her ex-girlfriend who doesn't remember who she is.

God, what have I just done?  Byul-yi groans into her hands.

Just then, her phone rings. Looking over, she see's Whee-in's contact on the screen.

"Hello?"

"I just saw Yong-sun unnie!" Whee-in exclaims through the phone, clearly surprised by here unexpected run in with an old friend, "I tried to approach her but she doesn't seem to know who I am?"

"She was one of the candidates I interviewed just now."

"And?"

"She mentioned that she was involved in a car accident and that she is suffering from partial amnesia," Byul-yi explains, "She can't remember me either."

"That's rough, are you feeling okay?" Whee-in asks, "Do you want me to come up to your office?"

"I'm okay." Byul-yi replies, "Except, I might have hired Yong-sun as our new lyricist."

"You did what?" The younger girl yells through the phone, afterwhich she could be heard apologizing to the people around her for raising her voice.

Byul-yi cringes from the sudden rise in volume, "Whee-in, that hurt my ear."

"I'm sorry unnie, but why the hell did you do that?" The other girl questions, completely baffled by Byul-yi's decision, "You've finally moved on and now you're inviting her back into your life? How are you going to explain this to Da-Hee?"

"Oh my god." Byul-yi mumbles, suddenly remembering her girlfriend that probably wouldn't be too pleased with her working with her ex-girlfriend, "At least Yong-sun doesn't remember who I am, right? I mean, we're just empl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter