Three

Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I don't think I wrote this well so I apologize for this poorly written chapter

Byul-yi taps her fingers nervously on her desk, patiently awaiting for Yong-sun who was supposed to have arrived at her office ten minutes ago.

Yong-sun was never the type to be late, in fact, she hated when people were late without a legitimate reason. Well, at least that was how the old Yong-sun was like.

The CEO feels like she knows nothing about the new Yong-sun and that made her heart wrench. Yong-sun was not just her lover, but she was also her bestfriend which she did not spend more than a few hours apart from and the person she could bare her soul to.

Byul-yi stares at the mocha latte on the other end of the desk, wondering if it was a mistake making a coffee order so specific for the older girl.

When they were together, Yong-sun loved sipping on mocha lattes while she worked, especially one made by Byul-yi.

Byul-yi knocks on the opened door of Yong-sun's room, peeking in with a mug in hand. Usually, she would just walk in unannounced but when the other girl has assignments to submit and is immersed in her work, she makes it a point to knock so she doesn't frighten her with her sudden appearance - which to no one's surprise, has happened before. This dramatic incident resulted in  a spilled mocha latte, shattered ceramic pieces all over the floor and Byul-yi having to scrub at the rug for an hour, trying to get the stains out.

Yong-sun turns around, pushing her glasses which has slipped down her nosebridge up with a finger, "Byulie." She smiles.

Byul-yi smiles back; She loves when Yong-sun's dimples show.

"I made you a Mocha latte," She replies, walking into the room, "Extra chocolatey with two pieces of marshmellows on top, just the way you like it."

Yong-sun's eyes light up, "Thank you Byulie." She says and takes the mug from Byul-yi's hands, "You're the best."

Byul-yi smiles, remembering the times where she would make a cup of mocha latte for Yong-sun.

I wonder if that's still her favorite.

A knock on the door brings Byul-yi out of her daydream.

"Come in!" She calls out, positioning herself such that she was seated upright with her legs crossed.

A flustered Yong-sun opens the door and walks in, dressed in a cropped top and relaxed jeans, "I'm so sorry, Miss Moon." She apologizes with a bow, "I'm never late for work, or for anything at all, as a matter of fact."

"You're okay, Solar, don't worry about it." The CEO smiles brightly, inviting the other girl to take a seat, "Please, sit."

"No, I should explain myself," The older girl insists, putting down the files in her hands, "My housemate almost burned our apartment down trying to make fancy breakfast to start off my first day of work here, I had to help fan the smoke away from the smoke detector while she threw the pan with the burning bacon into the sink."

"She sounds like absolute fun." Byul-yi chuckles, trying to stifle a laugh. Just thinking about the way Yong-sun must've panicked tickled her funny bone.

"I wouldn't call trying to stop the fire alarm from ringing at 7.30am in the morning much fun." Yong-sun rolls her eyes with a laugh, pretending to be annoyed, "She does make my life more bearable so I won't complain."

"Must be nice having someone care enough to make you breakfast anyway though." Byul-yi comments with a small smile.

Yong-sun nods, "It is."

For some reason, Byul-yi has a feeling that maybe this person Yong-sun is talking about may be more than just a "housemate" and that thought does not sit well with her because firstly, she is in a relationship with DaHee and secondly, why does it matter if Yong-sun is seeing someone?

"That's for you, by the way." Byul-yi points to the mug sitting right in front of the lyricist, trying to stop herself from thinking about Yong-sun and her housemate, "I hope you like it."

"Mocha latte?" Yong-sun gasps, recognizing the smell as soon as she picked it up, "That's my favorite drink."

Byul-yi smiles brightly, "Is it? That's good."

"It's like you read my mind." The smaller girl mumbles between sips of her drink, "It's extra chocolatey with two marshmallows, just the way I like it."

Hearing that, Byul-yi feels a wave of warmth surge through her chest. Maybe this Yong-sun isn't that different to the Yong-sun I know.

"Thank you for this, Miss Moon." Yong-sun grins, raising the mug a little, "Should we start on our meeting?"

Byul-yi and Yong-sun talked for three hours, half of it spent on discussions relating to work and the other on random topics that came up every now and then. Their conversation was filled with jokes, stories, laughter and plenty of smiles.

Yong-sun feels an attraction towards the CEO but couldn't figure out why. She barely knows the girl, her superior, that's sitting across her.

Was it her smile? Her laugh? The way her eyes light up when she talks about something she's passionate about? The way she ordered my favorite drink without even- wait, is that something she does for all her staff ? Yong-sun quickly dismisses the list that could go on forever in her head, she wasn't about to let herself fall into a rabbit hole for someone she hardly knows and above all, her boss.

"Ah, I didn't even realize it was already 12." Byul-yi says, packing up her desk, "Would you like to get lunch together?"

Yong-sun has two rules when it comes to love.

One, never fall for a straight girl. Two, never fall for your boss. Both of which, she knows she would fail miserably if she allowed hersel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter