Chapter 22: Convinced

Escaping to Shinee's dorm 2!

 

“Mummy, Quinine is safe with me.” I talked through the phone the next morning.

“Is she okay?” the other end of the phone

“Yes, she is. I intend to let her stay with me for awhile.”

“As long as she is safe, Quinevere,” Mother’s voice said gently. “Please take care of yourself.”

“Yeah, I know, mummy,” I answered, smiling. I was relieved to hear my mother’s voice. “I miss you.”

“I miss you too,” There was a silent, or a sob that I heard. “Put Quinine on the phone.”

I passed the phone to Quinine, who was beside me. We now were back in Korea, SHINee’s dorm. Although my leg hasn’t recovered, I insisted to be flown from L.A. to Korea. I wanted able to come back to this place I called home again, that familiar smell and sight. Everyone welcomed me back with a hug and a smile. They were all glad that I was safe.

I am so sorry,” I apologized to them all, they must have been worried about me.

It is alright, Paige. As long as you are safe,” Minho smiled.

Yes, the most important thing is you are safe.” Onew agreed, and Taemin nodded. Jonghyun was sitting at a corner, silent. He has been like that ever since I told him my decision to meet Eric, or rather, to help find back Raymond. I sighed, and did not know how to smooth him.

Ah,” I let out a yell. “This is my sister, Quinine.

Nice to meet you,” Quinine stood up and bowed. She learned a little Korean as she waited for the day to visit Korea.

“Hi, Quinine and welcome to Korea.” Key welcomed him.

“Thank you,” Quinine replied cheerfully.

Night fall, I tugged Quinine into the spare room and came out. In the living room, Jonghyun sat motionless. He was never that quiet, frozen in the state of worry. Even if I reassured him a million times, he would still worry.

“Oppa,” I limped towards him and tapped his shoulder, no response.

“Oppa! Oppa!” I shook him. He turned around, and smiled slightly.

“Yes?” Jonghyun asked, and quickly help me on the bed as I rest on it. I hugged him before he let go of me.

“What’s wrong?” Jonghyun shocked by the action, but did not push me away.

“Thank you for saving me.” I thanked him, recalling that time he dived in to save me. They told me the whole story, when I was still at the hospital.

After I met Key at stadium back stage, he informed Jonghyun. Jonghyun tried to contact me on my cell and Eric picked up the phone. Eric then broke the news that I was kidnapped.

“Actually, Eric told me,” Jonghyun confessed.”He told me where you were at, the habour.” I was shocked, how could a kidnapper tell people where he or she was taking the victim?

“Maybe he did not want to hurt you in the first place,” Jonghyun smiled, my hair. “I should trust you, right? You might be able to help him back to who he is, back to the way he should be.”

I kept silent, waiting for his consent, or waiting for him to trust me completely.

“I won’t lose you, right?” Jonghyun hugged me tighter.

“No, you won’t, Oppa.” I replied confidently. “I promise. Can you promise me something?”

“Depends on what you want,” Jonghyun said as he let go of me.

“Please stay out of this,” I requested. Jonghyun frowned, and did not answer.

“Please?” I begged again.

“Why?” Jonghyun questioned with the same confused face.

“The note stated to come alone, and I believe Eric won’t harm me.” I explained. “Besides that, you have a schedule tomorrow. I don’t want you to miss it. It is very unprofessional.”

Jonghyun nodded, still unconvinced.

“As your manager, it is my duty to ensure that an artist is present for every schedule.” I said in a commanding voice. Jonghyun chuckled at my comment.

“Alright, I lose,” Jonghyun admitted.

“Thank you, Oppa,” I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

“You are welcome,” Jonghyun nodded with satisfaction of my kiss. “But, please remember your promise to come back safely. And please bring at least something to self defense, wear more layers, keep your phone on all the time. Is your phone fully charged? Have you eaten your medication? Where is your medicine?”

Jonghyun started to burp out all types of worries and panicked around the room. I was amused by his actions, his babbling habit when he gets nervous. No one usually notice it of his because he talks a lot usually. Jonghyun stopped abruptly as he heard my laughter, he laughed together with me.

“I am being silly again, am I?” Jonghyun asked, embarrassed.

“Yes, you are, silly,” I smiled.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hopes AFF will get back to normal.not a fan of lagging><

SHINee coming back next week yay!^^ happy kid.

Enjoy the chapter!! commets & sub!^^ <3