Chapter 10: A new chapter

Escaping to Shinee's dorm 2!

 

It was like Déjà vu, sitting at the airport for the same reason. Escape.

There was still time before the check in time. I got myself a coffee at Starbucks, and settle on a sit. Then, came a familiar ringtone.

“JoJo! seulpeun eumagi heureul ttae neol saenggakhae (eh eh eh)
JoJo! janinhan neoneun wae jiwojiji annnyago (oh oh oh)”

It was a call from Jonghyun. I stared in horror. I hadn’t been found out, hadn’t I?

“youbo seyo?(hello) ” I spoke in Korean, knowing my tone in Korea will not give away my shaky voice.

“Paige,” Jonghyun’s y voice came through the phone. “Are you busy?

“No, oppa, I just talking a stroll for the neighbour’s dog,” I lied.

I see, careful don’t get lost,” Jonghyun teased. I snorted. “Anyway, I bought you some bbopgi.

What is bbopgi?

They're made by heating sugar and baking soda in a small metal ladle, then pressing in a few simple shapes before the candy hardens. I have chosen hearts. You must eat around the shapes without cracking them, and you will get a special gift from me. It is a challenge to you.

I accept it.” I agreed confidently.

And you know what? I have been missing you since morning,” Jonghyun spoke barely above a whisper. His words made my eyes sour. I can feel the tears coming again.

Me too, oppa, ah, I have to send the dogs back. See you at home, oppa.” I took a deep breath and finish the sentence as fast as I could.

Love you, Paige.” Jonghyun ended the call. Silent tears fell, my heart ache and the intestine in my stomach twisted all up. I felt awful. The feeling of losing Jonghyun overwhelmed me. The last words of love, the last touch, the last scent of him…

Passengers of flight 8531, flying from Seoul to Jeju Island, please proceed to the boarding gate now. Passengers of flight 8531, please proceed to the boarding gate now. Thank you very much.” The loudspeaker aired the announcement. I stood up, my legs barely able to withstand the weight of my body that felt like tons. I swayed toward the check in point, turning to admire Seoul one last time.

Through the short flight, I had no sense of where I was. I just let myself squirmed up like a fur ball, my tears stained my shirt. The air stewardess had checked on me a few times before I could clam myself down. My eyes were red and swollen by the time the air plane landed at Jeju Island.

I stepped out of the airport, gripping my belongings tightly. I was starting to look for the nearest bus stop. With the advantage of knowing Korean, communication with everyone is much easier than before. I glanced at the directory at the bus stop, not knowing what to take, I took my chances. I boarded the next bus that came, the Limousine Bus line 600.

The bus journeyed through the island, the island was an art piece. The island’s beach covered with glistening white sands and gentle sloping water.  It is certainly a very beautiful island with glorious beaches, mountains. No wonder Jeju Island is a very popular Korean honeymoon destination.

Then, Seowipo caught my eye. Seogwipo is a good central coastal location to stay, and tour different areas of the island from.

 

I got off the bus, deciding to stay here. Then bus stop was nothing but a sign indicating the bus stop’s station. Then, I concentrated on my visions. They were easily forgotten when Jonghyun was around. Looking into the future, I found a job as a teacher and lodging at a local residence calledJeju Hiking Inn. Satisfied with my future, I heaved a sigh of relief and started to look for Jeju Hiking Inn. I turned three hundred and sixty degrees on the spot, hoping to find any clue to that place. I came to a stop as I faced a building just down the road, with a big sign that said “Jeju Hiking Inn”.

 

“Wonderful.” I smiled to myself, triumph with my results.

 

“Annyong Hashimnigga” I greeted politely as I entered the inn.

The inn was so spacious, like having an extra big living room in a small house. The walls made of bricks and stone, giving a nature feeling. The huge glass windows that light up the whole room were decorated with white and beige curtains at the sides. Floors are covered with dark wood, which complement the walls. It was like walking into one of those English style houses with a cozy feeling.  

“Hello,” The inn keeper spoke in English. I looked at her in surprise, realizing that she was an American. She was a kind looking lady, with blonde hair like all Americans have.

“I…I would like to reserve a room.” I stuttered in English.

“Sure, I guess you are alone?” she asked, smiling at me. I nodded my head. “Alright, then a room with single bed would be fine for you? How long are you staying?”

“Err…” I could not answer her, because that depended on what my vision was going to throw me a green sign. And of course I could not tell her that. She might think I was insane.

“Never mind, dear, come along now.” The lady walked out from the counter, carrying a set of keys. “By the way, I am Santana.”

“Oh, I am Paige,”

“Nice to meet you” Santana smiled welcomingly, “So, where are you from?”

“Singapore.”

“Here for a holiday?”

“Sort of,” I shrugged, it was partly true.

“Here is your room,” Santana unlocked the door, opening a small room with a single bed and a desk. Like the interior of the hostel, the room was also decorated with bricks and stones. “Then rental would be 22000 won per day, and you are free to watch the television outside. And, the roof top has a great view.”

“Thank you very much, Santana.” I smiled at her, amazed by the good deal I got.

“Welcome, Paige.” She smiled back, “Oh, and if you need a job or something, I could help.”

“Yeah, actually I really do need a job,” I was amazed by her foretelling. It seemed like she knew everything that I need.

“I will check it out for you.” Santana promised. “Have a good rest.”

“Thanks,” I bowed again. I fell backwards onto the bed, staring into the ceiling. My actions to run away seemed like coward now. Taking out the phone in my bag, I saw the band that was my present given by Jonghyun. His miniature figure swayed in my wrist, smiling to me, as if to say I love you. I turned away from the figure before my heart swayed and decided to go back. Then, I switched my phone to flight mode, this way, they could not find me. They wouldn’t know I was gone, and they wouldn’t search for me till they saw the note I left on the dining table.

Tears prickled down my cheers as I thought of the tortured face on Jonghyun losing me. I wiped away the useless tears, calming myself. I must never cry from now on.

Now, I was going to start a new chapter in my life.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

YEAH! chapter 10>< 

reuploaded! did i stop here?......^^

Please look forward to other chapters!heh.