Chapter 14 – Out of time

Escaping to Shinee's dorm 2!

 

Within 10 minutes car ride, Santana managed to drive me to the airport.

“Santana, I really don’t know how to thank…” I turned and looked at her.

“Then don’t, go, just go!” Santana cut me off, “Fighting, Paige. I will pray for you.”

I hugged her and got out of the car. 8 minutes to boarding. It was easy to find the check-in point, but the queue was very long. I tapped my feet impatiently against floor as I joined the long queue. 3 minutes to boarding. I stepped out of the queue and walked towards the front, with eyes staring at me.

Excuses me, sir,” I bowed 90 degrees, “My flight is in 3 minutes can you please let me check in first? I beg you.”

“Miss Paige!” the kid of the family shouted. It was one of my students. “Papa, can you please let Miss Paige first?”

The dad smiled to the kid and said “Of course, teacher, please do. You have taught our son well.”

“Kamsa hamnida, Kamsa hamnida!” I thank them over and over, handing my passport to the counter.2 minutes to boarding.

“Kamsa hamnida!” I shouted and ran towards the boarding gate, without looking back. This time round, I am not running away, but running towards the man I love.

I managed to board the plane in time, just before the gate closes. I was too excited to sleep, and keep regular check on my watch. At 9pm, I reached Seoul airport. I changed the next plane, to LA.

All the running drained my energy and I eventually fell asleep on the 14 hour ride.

“Dear Passengers, we have reached Los Angeles. Thank you for riding with us. Have a pleasant trip.” The broadcast announced the arrival of Los Angeles at 10.10pm, 4th September. Just less than half hour more for me to reach the concert venue, am I able to make it for them?

I tried to flag the nearest cab as soon as I stepped out of the airport.

“Hi, welcome to Los Angeles. Where would you like to head to?”

“I would like to go to this place,” I took out the concert ticket that held the details to the concert. “Please hurry.”

“Right on it, Miss,” The cab driver salutes like an officer as he return the ticket to me. Although I was not here for sightseeing, the Los Angeles at night was spectacular. Hollywood was definitely known for its glamorous. The lights that lit up the streets are filled with color that makes you think the night is never ever going to end.

The journey took only one hour and half due to the extremely bad traffic. After getting off the cab, I rushed forward towards the venue. 2 security guards stood firmly outside the entrance, checking everyone who enters the venue.

“Miss, may I have your ticket?” The guard asked as I approached him.

“Here,” I handed the ticket to him. He tore part of the ticket. Time was running out. What if I missed their performance? What if I never have the fate to see Jonghyun perform on stage?

I took big steps as I tried to find the place, more and more anxious as every second passes. Then, the door that had stated the place I was looking for. I pushed open the door and found myself in darkness.