Chapter 15: The concert

Escaping to Shinee's dorm 2!

 

Despair took me by surprise, just like darkness had.

The stadium was too quiet to be having a concert. Have I missed them completely? My eyes were wet, as I stood like a stupid fool at the entrance.

Bam, 1 spots lights lit up the place, a person standing at the stage and the crowd roared. Bam, 2 spot lights lit up now, revealing a second person, the crowd went wild. Then, the 3rd, 4th and 5th spot light, shinning the singers, bright and bling bling.

I wiped away my tears to get a better view. It was them. 5 spotlights shining at them, they were dazzling. I muffled my voice, trying not to cry out loud. These were tears of joy. I had made it after all!

Music flooded the whole stadium with the familiar tune of Replay. I was touched. Dancing as if it was their last, singing as if their voice was the best. Hit songs after hit songs, recent Lucifer and ring ding dong to back then: Juliette, Replay or songs that are fast beat: Up and Down, Get Down, or even sweet slow songs like Stand by Me, Quasimodo. Every song, every lyric I knew very well, I have them memorized.

Next up was BoA unnie, performing all her fabulous songs that she had sung past 10 years.

“Oh hello,” A familiar Korean voice greeted me in this foreign country. I turned and saw Eric standing beside me, grinning.

“Eric!” I stared in surprise and gave me a hug, a form of greeting. “What are you doing here?”

“I am here for work,” he shouted, above the loud music. “Why aren’t you backstage with SHINee?”

“I wanted to watch all the performance,” I lied, with the darkness helping me to cover up my expressions.

“Are you having fun?”

“Yes, are you?”

“I guess I am having fun with these wires,” He held up coils of wires that hung on his body.

“Do you need help in any way?”

“Actually can you help me with these boxes of microphones?” I looked over at the trolley he was trying to move with wires all over him.

“Alright!” I agreed. We chatted as we move the items through back stage, stopping at the AV room to put down the wires. I waited outside the room as I enjoyed the sounds that now BoA unnie was singing, I did it for love. This time, I also heard Key’s voice, rapping and performing with BoA. His skills are terrific. As the song ended, Key walked towards the long corridor of backstage, towards me.

Key’s appearance took me by surprise, and I could not blow my cover now, after being through so much. I could not let them get near me. I lifted the hood of my jacket over my head, then wrapping my scarf around my neck and my mouth, as if I was wearing a mask.

I stood like a stone, waiting anxiously for Key to pass by, hoping he would miss me. Nearer and nearer he got, talking to the coordinator. I turned my head stiffly and met his gaze and he was just a few steps away. He broke the eye contact and I stood too stiff to move. Then, he stopped just right in front of me, inches away now. 

Did he know it's me?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Woohoo!~

Updated the new chapter, finally.

fingers crossed that AFF will work properly. Because AFF is like....a part of many's life right????hehe.

Do you think Key will find out?

If you're curious, look forward to the next chapter update!

TY for patience! subs & comment much!!!^^