Chapter 2: Surprises

Escaping to Shinee's dorm 2!

 

“Paige,” Onew turned away from the door. He and Taemin was the last to leave the house for their schedule.

“Yes, Oppa?” I looked at him, not knowing what to expect.

“Here are 2 tickets to the movies, use it wisely.” Onew took out 2 tickets from his wallet, smiling at me.

“Why? How?” I started to ask, taking the tickets into my hands.

“Bye, Paige. Have a nice day. Jonghyun will be back by evening.” Onew winked at me.

“Bye, Paige!” Taemin waved happily, headed out.

Nothing made sense to me. With a shrug, I carried on with the daily chores, packing the living room. The sofa was my bed here, Oppas wanted to change the sofa to a sofa bed so I would get comfortable. The main reason was of course it was the sofa that Jonghyun would cradle me to sleep and was just nice to make me comfortable.

Just being with this family, I would not need anything else, no fancy clothes or anything like that. In fact, being in 2 families was like having jewelry and much better than gems.

“Paige, I’m back.” Jonghyun announced in the evening as he walked through the door.

“Welcome back, Oppa!” I leaped into his arms.

“Hey, silly, how’s your day?” Jonghyun hugged me back.

“Hmm…long, without you. But Onew oppa say you will be home early and…” I leaned away to look at him.

“And?”

“And Onew oppa gave me 2 tickets to the movies. I had no idea what I had to with it.” I frowned at the thought. Jonghyun raised his eyes brows, but had no surprise to my question.

 “Paige, go grab a coat, we are going out.” Jonghyun smiled, as he dragged me to his room.

“Oppa, what…”

“Trust me, Paige.” Jonghyun turned, holding a coat for me to put my arms through. I slipped my arms through, still unknown to the situation.

 “Let’s go.” Jonghyun wore shades, looking all charming. He held out his hand, and I took it. I was utterly confused, where was Jonghyun taking me to? He held his opinion throughout the whole journey to wherever we were going. He was so mysterious. I just followed his lead to our destination.

“Here we are, Paige” Jonghyun suddenly stopped.

“A cinema?” I titled my head sideways at the big shopping mall.

“Silly, hyung wants us to catch a movie together.” Jonghyun explained, “He planned it for us.”

“Oh.” I suddenly realized what a simple answer. “But, why did Oppa plan it for us?”

“You will find out why.” He winked at me. “Almost 5, let’s go watch the movie.”

Jonghyun bought popcorns and drink for me and we headed to the theater. We found our seats, at the corner of the cinema, a couple seat. I was not surprised at this arrangement.

Onew deliberately did it.

Electric current was running throughout my body. Although we had this kind of nights every day, it was still different, considering that we were both awake, and were on a date. It was special to be on every date. He never really had the time and chance to do so with his identity and schedule.

“Hmmm…Yes, thanks, hyung. Meet you there.” Jonghyun ended his call on the phone.

“Who was that?” I asked, but never got an answer as I was interrupt by the start of the movie. Jonghyun got comfortable on the seat and concentrated on the movie, munching popcorns now and then.

I was trying to focus my eyes on the screen, trying not to stare at Jonghyun instead of the movie. At the end of the movie, I could only recall flashes of part of the movie and not understanding the story. Jonghyun was out by then, exhausted from his schedule.

 Almost everyone had left, I sat there, waiting, looking at him sleeping. He must have a dreamless sleep to be able to sleep that peacefully. I him on the face, tracing down is face. He was my angel.

Jonghyun suddenly jerk up, sending the popcorn flying.

“Sorry, Paige. Did I miss out a lot?” Jonghyun apologized, trying to swipe popcorn off him.

“Nope, don’t worry a thing, Oppa.” I assured him.

“Sorry, but let’s go. I have another surprise for you.” Jonghyun grinned.

“I bet that it has nothing to do with going home. I hate not knowing anything before hand,” I grimaced.

“Don’t worry, I am here. Trust me, you will enjoy it.” Jonghyun pulled me along to the empty lift, pressing the 5th floor.

“It is right here?” I tried my first guess. Jonghyun nodded, corners of his mouth pulled up into a smile.

“Well, if it is a surprise for me, I would not want to ruin it for you.”

“Paige, did you really actually forget what day is it today?” I shook my head.

“This is my Paige, what can I say?” Jonghyun was amused at my response. “Here we are.”

We are standing in front of an open style kitchen in a restaurant and an empty one too. It was a fancy restaurant, decorated with red and black, chairs and tables perfectly matched each other in white. Dim yellowish lights, lighting up the place, crystals hung above the ceiling, mirrors reflecting the shine of the wine bottles on the rack. It was a wonderful place. Jonghyun and I stood facing the open style kitchen, looking at the silverware sparkling.

“Surprise!” Onew, Taemin, Minho jumped up from above the counter. It made me jump back a step, and almost fall out of balance if not for Jonghyun’s grip.

“Guys! Why are you here? You are the surprise?” I asked, still shock from their surprise. Jonghyun chuckled quietly beside me.

“No, they are not, Paige. That is.” Jonghyun turned me so that I stood facing a black door. Then out came Key, pushing a trolley, on top of it was a cake.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

a long chapter.^^ hope you like it!(:

please comment more!