Chapter 12: Calls.

Escaping to Shinee's dorm 2!

 

You got the job,” one shook hands with me, smiling. He was the principal for the elementary school in the city of Seogwipo. This job was introduced by Santana, and I made a mental note to buy her a gift on my way back.

Thank you so much, Mr. Lee,” I shook the hands and bowed.

Alright, then see you tomorrow, Miss Paige.” The principal stepped out of the class room. Although I already knew the outcome due to my visions, I was still excited about the job.

 Satisfied, I planned to cook a scrumptious dinner tonight for Santana. However, the menu of dinner was a head ache. What were Santana’s favorites? I decided to give her a call, changing my phone to normal mode.

“Hello, Santana. This is Paige.”

“Ah, Paige. How’s your interview?”

“Yes, it went great. Thank you so, so much, Santana. So, I wanted to cook a feast for you. What do you like to eat?”

“Congratulations, sweetie!” Santana cheered. “No, I am fine. It is okay. You don’t have to.”

“No, I want to, Santana.”

“Hmmm… alright, I kind of missed western food.”

“How does pork chop sound?”

“Great! I look forward to your cooking!”

“See you at home.” I ended the call, smiling.

“JoJo! seulpeun eumagi heureul ttae neol saenggakhae (eh eh eh)
JoJo! janinhan neoneun wae jiwojiji annnyago (oh oh oh)”

The phone gave me fright. It has been awhile since it rang. I used to hear it almost every day. I looked at the phone anxiously, what if it was them? But I was wrong, the caller name was Eric. “Hello?”

“Hi, Paige. I am Eric.” He greeted me.

“What’s up, Eric?”

“Just want to tell you I am out of the hospital.”

“Oh!” I recalled the incident on the bus. I was so concerned about my escape plans that I forgot about the promise to prepare porridge for Eric. “I am so sorry that I did not visit, Eric. I promised some porridge, didn’t I?”

“Yes, you did, young lady. So young yet having an old woman’s brain?” He teased.

“I am so sorry. Kind of busy,” I apologized.

“You owe me a meal, young lady. You are going to cook dinner for me tonight.”

“Actually, I am not in Seoul now, Eric. Maybe other someday,” I lied, cause I would never ever going to meet him.

“You are not?” Eric asked, in a surprised tone. “Then where are you?”

“Err…” I could not give him an answer.

“Maybe I was too busybody. Hope to see you soon. See you, girl.” Eric bid goodbye.

“Bye.” I hung up. What a close shave. I could literally scream if he found out. The phone vibrated non- stop, sending in messages one after the other. I opened my inbox- it had at least hundred text messages and over a hundred missed calls. All the messages were from Jonghyun and voice mails from him. I pressed the enter button on the voice mail.

Paige, please come back to me, please. I love you.

The message was in Korean, the words short and simple, and filled with grief. Jonghyun had made no explanation or persuasion, it was almost to beg.

Tears, unstoppable tears ran through my face. I clicked on every message. No hint of blame, or to reason with me, there was only pleas for me to go back to him.

I sobbed even harder as I read on. I had bought him pain, as I have expected. His pain reflected in mine. I sat on the road crying, or any idea how passersby commented. It was not until a voice or a warm hand that came to me.

“Paige, come on. Let’s go back.” Santana gripped me, helping me up. “Hush, sweetie. It is going to all right.”

My tears blurred my vision, my mind all filled with pain. Santana led me back to the hostel and tug me into bed when I was too tired from crying. My dreams wove in and out the whole night, all with memory of Jonghyun and times we spent.

“Paige,” Santana knocked on the door when the first ray of sunlight came in.

“Come in, please.” I spoke in a coarse voice.

“Here drink some warm honey water,” Santana came in with a glass. I took the glass and gulped in silence.

“How are you feeling, sweetie?” Santana asked when I finished the milk.

“Better, I think,”

“Do you want me to cancel your job for today?”

“No, I can go to work,” I shook my head. I cannot be alone today. I need something to distract me. “And thank you again. For yesterday and the honey water…”

“I was worried, you know. You took so long to buy the ingredients. So, I had to take a look.”

“Sorry, Santana,” I apologized.

“Don’t be, sweetie, you did the right thing by crying. Let it all out.” Santana gave me a pat. I gave her a weak smile. “Come’ on, wash up and prepare for work.”

I dressed in daze, still not yet recovered from my wretchedness. I looked into the mirror in the room, the weak girl faced me. I was unrecognizable; all the tearing had made my eyes all puffy and nose red as Rudolph. This face would scare the kids at school. I smiled a little, at my own thought. So, a little moisturizer on my face might help to smooth it out. I took a deep breath, and was ready to step out of the room. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, i'm like watching tv & typing at the same time.

Kitten trapped in a pipe.)):

Hope you guys like this chapter.

FOr new reader, if you made it here.GREAT JOB.hehe.hope my story don't bore you.

For the supporter of this story, THANK YOU~ ^^