Chapter 21: My decision

Escaping to Shinee's dorm 2!

 

“Quinine!” I screamed, sitting up straight, my head covered with sweat. My arms restricted by needles and tubes. I was on the bed, wearing a white shirt and pants. I was in the hospital.

“Paige, I am here,” a gentle voice spoke, a warm hand held mine. I turned and looked, disoriented.

“Jonghyun!” I moved forward and hugged him. My tears started flowing. He was the only person I was hoping to see. I want him to tell me I am alive, and I am safe with him. And that…

“Quinine!” I screamed again, pushing him away, facing him. “Where is she? Is she safe? Is she…”

“Hush, Paige,” Jonghyun tried to calm me down. “She is fine.”

“Where is she?” I asked, still in a panic mode.

“Quinine is in the next room.”

“Then, is she?”

“She is just unconscious. She will be fine, the doctor checked her just now.”

“Can I see her now?”

“No, you need to rest. You are exhausted, and your leg is hurt,” Jonghyun looked at my bandaged leg.

“Please?” I begged. “I really wanted to see her.”

“Even if I have to carry you, you still need to see her?” Jonghyun teased.

“Yes,” I answered seriously, feeling the blood rushing up my cheek, a blush.

“Alright,” Jonghyun gave up. He stood up, slid his arms under me and lifted me. I lay against his warm body, missing his scent. Jonghyun stopped in front of a door, and pushed it open. Inside, laid a girl in white uniform, same as mine. I stared, taken aback of who is lying there.

“Quinine,” I managed to whisper in my state of shock. Jonghyun set me down on a chair beside Quinine’s bed. I got a better look at her. She looked fine.

“She is fine. The doctor said she suffered some shock and only need some rest. Don’t worry too much.” Jonghyun assured me.

“It is my fault, all my fault. If not for me, she would not be held hostage. If not for me, she would not need to suffer this. If not for me…” I continued to babble as tears filled my tears.

“No, it is not you, please, don’t blame yourself. She is fine.” Jonghyun, who stood beside me, comforted. I buried my face into my hands, sobbing hard, blaming myself for everything that had happened.

“Sister, please stop crying.” A soft voice called me and a gentle pat on my head. I looked up. Through my tears, I saw Quinine, awake and alive.

“Quinine, Quinine!” I shouted amongst my cries.

“Sister, please stop crying. I am fine, more than fine.” Quinine wiped away the tears on my cheeks.

“Quinine, I am so sorry,” I apologized.

“What’s there to apologize? I am not hurt in anyway. Don’t blame yourself. You also did not want this to happen. No one did.” Quinine patted my head again.

I continued to sobbed, lost for words. If it was not for my return, this would not happen. And it was the reason why I left. The vision that I had seen months ago, but it did not happened like I had expected. Impossible it seemed, my vision never failed me.

“How did they release you?” I stopped my tears, more urgent questions in my head. 

“They just did. After they threw you down, they left the boat. Before they left, that guy named Eric asked me to hand this to you.” Quinine handed a piece of note. I took the note from her, and open that small piece of paper.

Seoul Olympic Stadium
8-9-10
Come alone.

The note wrote in cursive words that stated the place and time.

“Don’t go,” Jonghyun whispered. He was so quiet that I nearly forgot about him. I turned to look at him. Jonghyun stared at the piece of paper, his eyes filled with anxiousness and his unwillingness to let me come into harm again.

“I need to help him,” I answered his worries and tell him my determination. He said nothing, and just turned to look at me. I reached out for his face, and he leaned against it, as if to get comfort.

Don’t worry, Oppa. He will not harm me.” I assured him. “He is not the bad person. He is someone I knew. I want to help him.”

“Are you sure?” Jonghyun asked calmly and took my hand.

“Yes,” I held his hand tight. Both our eyes met, filling with trust and fear at the same time. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FINALLY the right....chapters update.seriously.what was i thinking ytd.HAHAHA.

must be out of my mind. sorry!

Anyway, enjoy the chapter, guys!^^