Chapter 18: Let me free, Ray

Escaping to Shinee's dorm 2!

 

“NO! I want my sister back!” I screamed at Eric, trying kick him in whichever way I can. But he was faster, stopping me in mid air.

“You are fast, Paige.” Eric grinned. “Did you predict her struggle, screaming for help?”

“You bastard! How could you? She is only 10!” I yelled and if I could, I would tear him apart now.

“Well, this is just a free lesson for her to learn how to swim.” Eric simply answered. Hatred has already made him lost his ability to do the correct thing.

Eric tried to pull me towards the top deck. I have to think, think of a way to stop this tragedy from happening. I tried to think back, think forward. Then, there was this image, the key point.

“Stop, I know you are not that guy who will harm people. I know who you truly are, Raymond,” I begged. I remember all of it now, my horrifying memories from 13 years ago. He was someone I knew, someone I was close with. My only friend in that hell…

“Raymond,” I called him once again, he did not turn, stood frozen in front of me. “Raymond, I remember all of it now. We used to play together then, when I was locked up. Those are my best time in the period I was caged. I looked forward to you coming to teach me new things every day. You never fail to make me smile every day, and you laughed with me every day. I can sense you are still the Raymond back then.”

“Ha!” He let out a snort. “I am no longer Raymond. Father has given me my new name, Paige. It is Eric.”

“No,” I denied. “Raymond is the real you. The Raymond I met 13 years ago was a kind brother to me.”

“How could you be sure? Maybe I was faking then…” Eric said it in a calm voice.

“Your smiles never deceive people, Raymond.”

“Then you don’t know me well enough,” Eric spoke, emotionless.

“I can see in your eyes, Raymond. You smiled to the fullest when you are playing. Every time you left the room, you had that look on your face, as if you have to an adult again. And, you are not enjoying that a lot.”

“Shut up, shut up!” Eric roared as he turned to face me. “I am not the Raymond you know years ago anymore!”

“You just know it Raymond! You know that the more you are closer to me, the further you are away from your goal! That’s why you left, and broke that promise to never leave me alone!” I screamed at him, trying to knock some sense into him.

“It was nothing but a childish promise. You were only 5!”

“But you were 12, Raymond.”

“Stop calling me Raymond!” Eric yelled, and then he took a deep breath. “FINE! What do you want, Paige?”

“I want my sister’s life. I can exchange my life for hers,” I said calmly. I looked at Quinine floating on the sea, whimpering. Eric’s man controlling the rope that tied to Quinine.

“Don’t think I am stupid, Paige,” Eric looked at me fiercely.

“Tie a stone on my leg then,” I suggested.

“If you wish,” Eric said.