Chapter eight

Red lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

More than a week passed. Sana didn’t know that Chaeyoung took a big part in her life, not only ually. She can’t deny that she misses his existence even though he doesn’t talk that much. Seeing him having a panic attack didn’t leave her mind, she thinks about it all the time. She doesn’t have the nerve to call or text him but seeing him online on social media from time to time comforts her.

And Sana wasn’t the only one feeling like this.

Chaeyoung parked his car in front of Sana’s shop. The dark circles around his eyes are back and worse than ever. His red eyes were focusing on the shop blankly. He opened the door and shut it close again, he continued this for a few minutes before he finally walked to the shop.

Sana’s desk was empty while Momo and Jeongyeon were immersed in their work. They smiled faintly at him, showing him no excitement “what with this reaction” he chuckled as he sat on one of the empty chairs in front of Jeongyeon “where is Sana?”

“She is at home” Momo replied sadly.

“Why? Sana is a workaholic person she would never skip work” Chaeyoung stated.

“We lost an important client. She was very excited to work with him but he suddenly signed a contract with another company. We are doing our best to grow our company but luck isn’t with us this time”

Chaeyoung frowned and hummed before getting up “since you two are not in the mood I’ll leave.” he fist-bumped with Jeongyeon before heading to his car.

The drive to Sana’s apartment was very short. He took a deep breath before he rang the bell and waited for a while before Sana opened the door for him. Her eyes were swollen and her skin was pale.

“Chaeyoung” Sana said before she burst into tears. Crying is natural and strong for it belongs to those with the courage to show their vulnerable self. Sana doesn’t cry in front of anyone but Chaeyoung was an exception at the moment. She tip-toed and wrapped her arms around his neck as she cried silently while burying her face in the crook of his neck. Chaeyoung froze, he didn’t know how to act in those passionate emotional moments, his hands slowly patted her back.

In each other’s embrace, the world stopped still on its axis. There was no time, no. Their minds were at peace. Sana felt her body press in, soft and warm.

After a few seconds, Sana sat on the bed while Chaeyoung brought her a cup of water. She smiled warmly at him as he sat beside her “I am sorry I am not in the mood for right now”

“I am not here to have , I knew what happened and I wanted to check up on you”

Sana rubbed her eyes “this client was very important to us, I don’t know who changed his mind. He agreed to the plans and we were supposed to sign the contract today. It was a big opportunity for us”

“What’s his name?”

“Lee Jonghyun” she replied as she doze off, her eyes already getting teary.

“There is a movie I’ve seen on Netflix, do you want to watch it?” Chaeyoung smiled awkwardly “I will make you some popcorn”

Sana chuckled and handed him the remote control “I will make popcorn I don’t want you to burn the kitchen”

Chaeyoung laughed while turning on the TV. The two sat on the bed under the warm blanket as the weather was getting colder at night. He was enjoying the movie and laughing at some scenes, unlike Sana who wasn’t concentrating. Chaeyoung got caught off guard when Sana wrapped her arms around his arm “can you be my teddy bear for tonight too?”

Chaeyoung paused the movie and pulled Sana closer, he let her cling to him while patting her arm.

Sana fell asleep after a few minutes. Chaeyoung stayed for a while before he got up, he covered Sana and headed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter