Chapter sixteen - The end

Red lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One month passed…

Sana is dedicating her life to her daughter. She kissed Byul’s head as she put her in her crib when Momo dragged her outside the room.

“Let’s hang out” Momo smiled widely.

“I am tired, I wanted to take a nap since Byul is sleep-”

“No, let’s go” Momo cut her off as she dragged her to the front door. Sana was wearing jeans and a white t-shirt. She sat in the passenger seat as Momo drove to her destination.

“May I know where are we going?” Sana asked.

“It’s a road trip, enjoy it… Byul is with your mother, there is no need to be worried”

Sana sighed and looked forward. Not so much passed and the two arrived at a place Sana never thought that she will ever visit with Momo “a church?” she asked while staring at the building.

“Let’s go” Momo laughed and dragged the older one with her. The two entered the church. Sana froze as she saw Chaeyoung standing at the altar at end of the aisle. He had a medium haircut. He was wearing black pants and a white shirt. He smiled softly as he stared at her walking toward him. It took Sana a few seconds to see her mother who is carrying Byul, her father, and Jeongyeon.

Sana stood in front of Chaeyoung with teary eyes. The latter didn’t have to say anything. His stares and gazes were enough to make Sana feel the love and safe he always made her feel. He knelt on the floor and pulled out a small red velvet box, he opened it and smiled “I promise you, no one will work harder to make you happy or cherish you more than me. There are many ways to be happy in this life, but all I really need is you. Will you marry me, Minatozaki Sana?”

The latter looked down at him and nodded without hesitation. Chaeyoung stood up and hugged her tightly as he inhaled her scent.

“This is the most casual wedding I’ve ever witnessed,” said the priest while smiling.

“Do you both pledge to share your lives openly with one another, and to speak the truth in love? Do you promise to honor and tenderly care for one another, cherish and encourage each other, stand together, through sorrows and joys, hardships and triumphs for all the days of your lives?” he continued.

“We do,” the couple said excitedly.

“Chaeyoung, please repeat after me: I Chaeyoung, promise to love and support you Sana and live each day with kindness, understanding, truth, humor, and passion. With this ring, I thee wed.”

Chaeyoung repeated what he said and he placed the ring on Sana’s left ring finger while smiling before he kissed her hand.

“Sana, please repeat after me: I Sana, promise to love and support you Chaeyoung and live each day with kindness, understanding, truth, humor, and passion. With this ring, I thee wed.”

Sana repeated what he said and held Chaeyoung’s hand and placed the ring on his finger.

“Go now in peace and live in love, sharing the most precious gifts you have the gifts of your lives united. And may your days belong on this earth. I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

Chaeyoung cupped Sana’s face and kissed her lips deeply as the few attendees cheered for them. Sana’s mother approached and gave Byul to Chaeyoung as he kissed her head and side hugged Sana.

Not so much passed and everyone headed outside the church “I want to show you something” Chayeoung whispered into Sana’s ear “let’s go” he held her hand and they walked to his Camaro.

The ride was short and fun, Sana was caressing her ring the whole time. She can’t believe that Chaeyoung took this decision and he is officially her husband.

The two arrived at a restaurant that was a few blocks away from t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter