Chapter fifteen

Red lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung’s days passed slower than he thought. Having panic attacks and breakdowns on a daily basis made him tired. He would walk around in his locked room begging the nurses for a cigarette, alcohol, or drugs when he knows they won’t offer him any of his needs.

 

He was sitting on the floor and banging his head on the wall behind him. He was sweating uncontrollably and tired as if he ran thousands of miles.

 

“I am tired” he repeated. The nurse came and gave him a needle that will surely calm him soon. The nurse gave him a light smile and his gaze when to his bedside drawer where he hangs a picture of Sana. He hardly got up and walked to the picture and took it “I miss you” he said before he lay on the bed and stared at the ceiling before slowly drifting to a night of deep sleep.

 

Meanwhile…

 

Sana was in the living room, she caressed her big tummy and smiles whenever her precious daughter kick her or move. She grabbed Chaeyoung’s old journal and opened a new page. Continuing the journey he always wanted to continue.

 

“Jeongyeon and Momo are officially married now… The two are having their best vacation in Japan and it’s all because of Chaengie… And I guess our baby is excited to come out to this life. She is moving non-stop I barely sleep because of her and I am so excited to meet her too. But I miss you more than anything. It’s been almost 250 days since I’ve seen your face. My love and longing grew bigger and I am ready to continue the rest of my life with you. I need you next to me. I love you so much Son Chaeyoung.”


 

Next day…

 

Sana, Jeongyeon, and Momo were in the mall. The newlywed couple was way more excited than the tired pregnant woman.

 

“Look at how cute this is” Momo grinned while holding a toddler panda onesie.

 

“Indeed it’s cute” Jeongyeon smiled “Sana what do you think?” he turned to face his friend.

 

“Guys, I already bought a lot I-” Sana froze and looked down “guys, my water broke”

 

“Huh?” the two yelled as they saw a wet stain on Sana’s loose jeans. The three rushed to the hospital after calling Sana’s parents.

 

Sana was indeed giving birth earlier than expected. They arrived at the hospital and Sana was rushed to the delivery room.

 

“I don’t understand she should give birth after two weeks” Momo panicked “oh God please protect my Sana” she prayed.

 

Jeongyeon held his phone and called Chaeyoung he knew that he won’t pick up but he just wished a miracle could happen.

“Chaeyoung I know you can’t use your phone, but today is 17th July of 2021. Sana is giving birth earlier than expected” Jeongyeon sent a voice to his friend.

 

On the other hand, Chaeyoung’s doctor was checking on him. He was sitting on the bed with loosened shoulders “I am so proud of you” he said cupping the younger’s face “your test results are better than I imagined and you are showing fast recovery. Even the psychiatrists' reports are so good”

 

Chaeyoung smiled at his favorite doctor “that means I will be discharged soon?” he asked happily.

 

“After two months maybe” the doctor shrugged with a smile.

 

“Can I call Sana?” he asked “please”

 

The doctor raised his eyebrows in shock “are you ready? Are you sure about that?”

 

Chaeyoung nodded “I want to hear her voice. I need it”

 

The doctor nodded “I will bring your phone” he said. Not so much passed and the doctor came to the nervous Chaeyoung and handed him his own phone.

 

Chaeyoung his phone and directly dialed Sana’s number. Ignoring the messages, but as much as it rang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter