Chapter one

Red lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minatozaki Sana’s point of view

 

Monday, August 5th, 2019

 

The sounds of birds chirping and sunlight coming through the gap in the curtain successfully woke me up from my deep slumber as I sat on my bed and stretched, it was the start of the week. Unlike everyone, I tend to start my day positively and actively. My studio apartment is a self-contained space that houses everything in a single room with a separate bathroom where I did my morning skin routine, and my goal is to own a bigger house but adult life and saving money in this country has to be the hardest thing ever. I smiled at myself in the mirror and brushed my long black hair “today will be a good day” I said before I rushed to the kitchen and made myself some coffee and a sandwich to eat when I arrive at the office.

 

I looked at my watch and sighed, it was still eight and my work time starts at 9.

 

“Good morning baby, I am heading to work now, have a nice day” I sent a message to Mark, my boyfriend. We’ve been dating for two years now. We have the most stable and healthy relationship ever. I guess, he is the one for me.

 

I grabbed my keys and lunch box and headed to the building’s underground garage. I got in my car and prayed as I started the car “don’t fail me”

 

But as always my white Peugeot 106 failed me. It’s sad that it’s 2019 and I own this old car from 1996.

 

“Come ooooon~” I whined as I started the car once and twice till it on the third try and drove off.

 

I finally reached my favorite place in town. Sweet design is the small company I created with my two best friends which is located in Itaewon. I entered the shop and walked to my cubicle. As always I am the first to arrive. I, Momo, and Jeongyeon studied interior design together with our savings and parents’ help we were able to open this shop. We are not the most successful company in town but our works are original and simple. We need better marketing but we can’t afford a new employee.

 

“Good morning,” Said Momo while putting her bag and coffee cup on her desk and already turning on her computer.

 

“Good morning, I sent you an Email check it,” I said with my eyes focused on my computer “you are late” I added.

 

“You are early I’d rather say” Jeongyeon replied as he reached his cubicle.

 

“Yeah you always defend your fiance,” I said rolling my eyes.

 

I knew Jeongyeon and Momo for more than ten years. We are in our thirties now and they are engaged. They want to get married soon but money is the only thing that stops them. They already live together with a TV, couch and a bed only. The three of us help our parents so unfortunately, we are not financially independent as we should be.

 

“Of course, I will” he grinned as he took a cup of his coffee while Momo sent him a flying kiss. Ugh, I hate being the third wheel.

 

We silently started working on our projects when the three of us got a notification at the same time.

 

“Memories are the treasures that we keep locked deep within the storehouse of our souls, to keep our hearts warm when we are lonely. Please join the reunion bash. New friends are silver, but old are gold! Class of 2007! Let’s meet at Petra restaurant this Saturday the 10th of August.”

 

I smiled reading the message same like Momo and Jeongyeon.

 

“Namjoon added everyone in this group! He is such a good delegate” Jeongyeon commented.

 

“No wonder he manages his father’s company and is a billionaire at this young age” Momo complimented while Jeongyeon glared at her. He is jealous and I can already see Momo’s grins, she loves teasing this poor guy “my baby is jealous?” she said walking toward him, she cupped his cheeks and kissed his lips… They always forget my existence with them.

 

I took a sip of my coffee while reading the participants’ names ignoring Mom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter