Chapter ten

Red lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few weeks later…

 

Sana flicked through the images of young men on her phone – so many messages, so little time. Downloading a few dating applications wasn’t the best decision. Many men matched with her but she can’t find the chemistry she wanted with them. She flipped her phone on her desk and focused on work again.

 

She looked out of the shop and smiled lightly. Here come the drops steady and soft, falling from a sky of white velvet. November came faster this year, she blankly looked at the screen and continued working on her new project.

 

Simultaneously, Chaeyoung was sitting in his Camaro when a guy joined him. He handed him a weed zip bag that Chaeyoung hid immediately while looking around anxiously “this is your second bag this month” the guy commented.

 

“Thye don’t do much these days”

 

“I have something stronger, I will give it to you for free,” said the guy as he pulled out a medium zip bag with white powder in it “inhalant heroine. One sniff and you won’t think of anything”

 

Chaeyoung frowned, he looked at the bag for a few seconds before taking it “I will try it, and wish me luck” the guy winked.

 

Chaeyoung nodded, he handed him money “leave before someone sees us”

 

As soon as the guy came out he put his phone up to his ear “I gave it to him. He will be addicted in a few weeks” he smirked.

 

Minho nodded “good job. I will send the money to your account. He better be dead in a few months because of this poison”

 

~~

 

As soon as Chaeyoung arrived home. He held the bag, weed and alcohol do nothing for him now. He wants something to make him stop thinking of Sana and what happened. Chaeyoung was in pain and he was lost.

 

He sat on the floor as he put the white powder on the coffee table. Using the 100$ bill that costs nothing to him, he rolled it and inhaled a small quantity. He sat on the couch and rubbed his nose.

 

Like magic, he felt a surge or "rush" of euphoria, dry mouth, a warm flushing of the skin, and heaviness in the extremities. After this initial euphoric feeling, he entered a state that alternates between drowsiness and wakefulness, during which mental functioning becomes hazy. He closed his eyes and smiled at the feeling.

 

A few minutes later, Chaeyoung got up. Even though walking was hard for him but he managed to enter the second empty room. He leaned on the wall and sat on the cold floor. He opened one of the beige boxes and pulled out a brown leather journal.

 

He opened it and smiled upon seeing a polaroid picture of him and Jeongyeon in high school. This was the first page as if his life started since their friendship began.

 

‘He is my friend that loves me without knowing anything about me… I love him too but I know nothing will last forever and my brother will send me away soon’

 

He read as he wrote under the picture. He turned the page and saw a picture of Momo smiling happily.

 

‘She is such a happy virus. I feel that I need to protect her from everything and everyone. She is too innocent for this world. She is my little sister’

 

Chaeyoung was on the verge of tears. Turning the page and seeing a picture of Sana pushed him to the edge. He caressed her face and cried silently.

 

“Oh my Sana” he breathed.

‘A beautiful woman has a beautiful soul. However she appears in her youth, it is the soul that will show in her every feature as she ages. The sweet-hearted are all the beauty in this world, they are the sunshine, the rain, and the good earth. These words described Sana perfectly… I know I am only nineteen, but I don’t think I will ever like someone as much as I like her. I wish I can meet her again when I grow up, I wish she will be happy, that’s all that matters’

 

“And looked what you’ve done now stupid,” h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter