Other victims

Fake & True

A few days later an advertisement was posted at the entrance to the school, asking the students to all gather in the main hall by the sound of the second bell. The room had been equipped with extra chairs to give everyone the opportunity to sit down and, to make less confusion, each class had to be in the same row as the teacher with whom they spent all their school hours.

Professor Min had made a gesture of greeting to his students to get noticed, counting them with his eyes and relaxing his shoulders as soon as he finished "thank goodness you are all fine"

"Why did the principals decide to gather us all here? Did something happen?" Mina had a bad feeling, but she was hoping for an answer that contradicted her fears.

"Apparently there have been other victims, but I don't know anything else. We'll have to wait to find out how things are, but I'm really happy to see you all here. Sit down, it's just a little while for the principals to arrive"

The girls did what the professor requested, sitting down as quickly as possible. Dahyun was constantly glancing in the direction of her best friend "you skipped breakfast again, are you sure you can do it without taking blood?"

"You can hold on for weeks so I just need to tap into my human part and get energy from food. I can do it, I'm already getting used to this lifestyle"

"Your dark circles tell me otherwise, but we will postpone this conversation until we are alone"

The extraordinary assembly took up most of the morning: the principals had informed the students about the victims they had during the night, giving the bad news that there had also been some outside the school and that they were doing everything possible to understand how to fight that threat.

"Tonight we lost fifteen students, including ten humans and five vampires" said the older, looking at a fixed point to keep from crying "with these we got to ten vampires and ten dead humans and you should all have understood that none of us is safe"

The other brother came forward "we have decided to use outside help to ensure your safety, but to make this work we ask you never to go out when night falls"

A red-haired student raised her hand and waited patiently for consent to speak "why can't we go out at night?"

"Because every attack suffered both inside and outside our school occurred when there was no sunlight. We believe that this unknown entity is much better off acting in the shadows"

"I'm terrified, I don't know how I'll be able to sleep not having someone to share a room with" Tzuyu clung to Nayeon's arm for comfort.

"I will not allow anyone or anything to come near you, at the cost of having to move into your room and hang on to your beautiful all the time"

"I could throw up" Chaeyoung muttered under her breath, but she found herself observed by all the vampires in her class anyway "I can't say anything when you are around, it's a nuisance"

Mina was giggling "it's not their fault if you can't hold your tongue, learn to say things in your mind and you'll see it will get better"

Jeongyeon, sitting next to Mina and at the end of their line, had also added to the conversation "if there are things you don't like it's always best not to say them out loud, not because vampires might cling to your neck but because it's the basis of education"

"You're both boring, I can't understand why I spend all my time with you" she had crossed her arms over her chest and pouted.

"You do it because you love us" Mina had pinched her leg, giggling along with the pureblood. 

On the other side of their row was Dahyun, who was very tense with concern over her best friend's weakness and the human who had decided to sit next to her. Ignoring the smells was easy, but having Sana's leg pressed against hers was driving her crazy, and no matter how hard she tried to get away, her closeness never seemed to diminish.

"Are you going to ignore me forever?" was a short whisper near her ear, but the way Sana had spoken was tinged with malice.

Dahyun had swallowed hard, making an enormous effort to keep looking ahead and listening to the responses the principals were giving to the students. She sought Momo's support, but she had fallen asleep with her head resting on Jihyo's shoulder, who had hugged the vampire for comfort.

"There is no one who can take you away from me now and I think the time has come to explain to me the reason for your sudden detachment. Did I say or do something that hurt you? I take responsibility for it, but don't treat me like this"

The vampire's gaze finally met that of the human "you haven't done anything wrong, but I don't like your closeness. That's all, I tried not to tell you so as not to hurt you. I'm sorry"

Sana was unable to say anything either because of her sorrow and because the extraordinary meeting had come to an end, causing Dahyun to leave at a brisk pace.

"It's all right?" Jihyo was staring at her from above "we have to go to the gym, get up"

"I know, I'll join you shortly. I need to go to the bathroom"

The brunette nodded slowly, making sure to let her friend understand that she wasn't alone through her gaze "I'll tell the professor you have hemorrhoids"

"Do not you dare!"

"So hurry up, nobody wants to finish training after class time because of your royal "

Sana had rolled her eyes "I'll do it quickly, run to your Momo"

Jihyo's response was silent but very clear: the girl, moving backwards to continue looking at her roommate, had pointed her middle finger with great emphasis.

 

 

 

 

Momo had decided to go study in Mina and Chaeyoung's room with the others and Dahyun, too tired even to open a book, had returned to their apartment to rest and think about how to counter the threat that wanted to eliminate everyone. Those thoughts were short-lived as the girl's mind began to wander.

She felt like a horrible person for hurting Sana and the memory of her sad eyes had created an imaginary crack in her heart "maybe I should have acted differently, how stupid"

She hugged the pillow, allowing herself to breathe through her nose to smell the delicate smell of the clean pillowcase "there is no comparison between me and Momo, I'm the best at the washing machine"

In those moments of loneliness she could even not feel the burning in her stomach and throat, she was able to forget, for a few moments, that she was a vampire who needed blood to survive.

The disproportionate use of her sense of smell made her jump out of bed due to a familiar and inviting smell "what are you doing here? How did you get in?" she was in the doorway of her room.

"I used the key, Momo gave it to me" Sana had placed the mentioned object on a piece of furniture in the corridor before facing Dahyun "and, to answer the first question as well, I came here to talk to you once and for all"

"We have nothing to talk about, go study with our classmates to save your disastrous grades" she moved back to walk away, but the tallest girl's hands had grabbed hers.

"I want to know why you started ignoring me, is it so hard to understand? You said my presence bothers you, but I don't think it's true or you would never agree to help me study. Tell me what I did wrong and I'll leave you alone"

Dahyun stopped looking into her eyes and gave up "I had a dream. You were there too" 

"What did you dream about?" she had loosened her grip on her hands to them with her thumbs "you can tell me about it, I won't say anything to make fun of you if that's what you're afraid of"

"It's embarrassing because we.. Yes, in short, we did that"

Sana had repeatedly blinked "let me understand: did you ignore me because you had an dream about me? Really?"

"It was not a simple dream" the vampire would have liked to feed herself only to have the strength necessary to dig her own grave "you gave me your blood, you cut yourself just to convince me to stick to your neck"

"I would never do the last thing, but I can't say the same about the other two"

"Stop it and go, now you know the reason for my behavior"

The human shook her head, giving a slight push to the shorter girl "you told me your dream, but it seems absurd not to talk to someone due to such a stupid thing"

"You could just understand my embarrassment and leave me alone, you know?"

"It wouldn't help me understand what's wrong with dreaming about someone in an intimate way and unfortunately for you I'm the kind of person who needs answers"

They went on for a few minutes, both trying to assert their reasons, until Dahyun exploded in frustration "I like you, okay? I like you, you attract me and the very thought of having you around makes me want to bite you. Are you happy now? Does it make you happy to know that you are wanted by one of the disgusting vampires you hate so much?"

There was no immediate reaction from Sana and the vampire felt herself sinking with fear of having ruined everything for good. She opened to speak and apologize, but the human's lips prevented it "I don't hate you, if that's what you think" she said without moving away and hinting a smile "I want the same things you want too"

"You should keep your distance, I don't think I can control myself now" Dahyun's voice was reduced to a whisper due to the severe burning in "I may not be able to resist"

"I don't want you to do it, you have to stop holding back and start doing the things you want" she had pressed her to herself so that she could kiss her repeatedly on the lips "if you want a kiss, take it, the same goes for my blood"

"Aren't you afraid it might hurt you?" Dahyun's eyes were teary. 

Sana just smiled and tied her hair in a ponytail "you'll feel better and you'll have the energy you need to be forgiven for your bad behavior, it's a gain for both of us"

Dahyun's gaze was fixed on the tallest girl's neck "I shouldn't do that"

"I want you to do it, there's nothing wrong with both of us wanting it" she ran her fingers around her lips "we have a lot of time to be alone and we should take advantage of every minute. Do it"

It took two more kisses, one of which was so passionate that made them cling to each other, to convince the vampire to place her lips where she could hear Sana's heartbeat. The human held her breath as she waited, clinging to Dahyun to resist the brief moment of pain caused by her fangs and to bask with her in the pleasure she felt soon after.

Drinking blood, albeit in a minimal amount, immediately invigorated Dahyun "giving you a bite is not enough, I want to have you all to myself" she straddled her, looking at her with a mixture of excitement and sweetness.

"I have no intention of rejecting the person I like, you can do anything you want to me" her hands were still on the vampire's hips, ready to sneak under her shirt.

Despite her readiness, Dahyun was much quicker to get rid of their clothes, as she had been in taking control of the entire situation.

 

 

 

 

"Can I ask you a question?" Jeongyeon had set her eyes on Momo, taking advantage of their momentary loneliness.

"I'm not in a condition to refuse" she was lying on the floor, her eyes closed and her hands on her stomach. She felt ready to be in a coffin like in vampire movies, even if that representation made her skin crawl from how ridiculous it was.

The pureblood seemed undecided, but at that moment her desire to understand was stronger than anything else "I would like to know why you stopped feeding, it can be seen from a distance that you are not well. You sleep all the time and you can barely stand up"

"A few days ago Dahyun and I were having dinner and in one of my vials there was blood mixed with holy water. You can imagine what happened to me right after I swallowed it"

"Donations are scrupulously checked, how is it possible that holy water was able to… It was premeditated, wasn't it?"

"We believe so, Dahyun is firmly convinced and does nothing but make sure that my vials of blood are free of other substances, but despite this I am afraid to feed myself and try again that excruciating pain. Just thinking about it, I am reminded of the burning I felt"

Jeongyeon had moved quickly to sit next to her "I have a vial with me, how about sharing it? I'll be the first to drink, you don't have to worry about anything"

"Would you really do it?" her tired eyes were fixed on the red liquid.

The pureblood took a sip and waited for a possible reaction, but nothing happened and she reached out to help her friend drink "finish it, you need it more than me"

Momo paid no compliments and swallowed it all in a second, feeling herself again "you're lucky because I care about Jihyo enough to resist the temptation to jump on you"

"You were really hungry for getting excited enough to tell me this" Jeongyeon looked amused, even though her dark eyes were hiding something different "I hope not, but if things with Jihyo don't go well I would be at your complete disposal"

"Are you flirting with me?"

"I'll leave it to your imagination" she got up from the floor to tidy up the room "how long does it take to get food? The canteen is downstairs and it doesn't take that long to reach it"

Momo had also stood up, marveling at the fluid movements of her body "humans are slow, you should have known by now. Damn, I missed feeling so good" she started running from one side of the small room to the other, throwing herself on Chaeyoung's bed to stay comfortable.

The humans entered at that moment with trays full of food and the owner of the bed on which the hybrid was lying was pleased "now I can say I had a woman in my bed"

Jihyo sat next to Momo "are you having fun with her now too? You should have invited me"

"I beg your pardon, next time you will be welcome and receive a favorable treatment" she gave her a quick kiss on the lips, ignoring the giggles of their friends.

"You have finally decided to feed yourself, I like the energy you give off" she was her hair "don't do that anymore, you don't deserve to feel bad"

"I wish I had a girl to be sweet too" Chaeyoung muttered before going to the bathroom to wash her hands.

Jeongyeon was giggling and staring at Mina "did you hear her?"

"Of course I heard her, my hearing is great" she was eating some fried chicken "I wish she finds what she is looking for"

"You are the person she would like to be tender with, haven't you figured it out yet?"

Mina had stopped chewing "it's not true, don't give me illusions. You know how I feel about her"

"Do you have hams on your eyes? She always looks at you with interest and does everything to make your things coincide, her interest is obvious" Jihyo had joined them to eat, enjoying every single bite "you are the one who is good at pretending not to be interested in her"

When the shortest of the group had come out of the bathroom she had found Mina's eyes on her "is something wrong?"

"It's okay" her cheeks were red and the things her friends had said stayed in her head all evening and night, preventing her from sleeping and making her imagine possible romantic moments of her with her roommate.

She decided to get out of bed to approach the other girl, intending to test her. She pulled her duvet lightly "Chae, are you awake? I had a nightmare and I can't sleep anymore, I'm too scared"

Chaeyoung said nothing, but she moved to the wall to make room, pulling aside the heavy blanket "come here"

The brunette didn't have it repeated twice and she was amazed at the delicacy with which the shorter one had held her close. She didn't like to lie, but in that moment she imagined to pat herself on the shoulder for having that stupid and brilliant idea at the same time.

"Are you still afraid? ”Chaeyoung murmured before kissing her forehead.

"I've never felt so safe in my life, thank you" she closed her eyes, enjoying that closeness.

The brunette's lips had moved in search of Mina's, merely kissing them lightly "goodnight, I hope things don't change after sunrise and that you will accept my terrible declaration of love"

"It won't be so bad if that's what awaits me every night" she was smiling, her cheek.

"You will get this special treatment, but the package includes much more" her fingers were tracing small circles on the older's side "tell me I'm not dreaming"

"It's all real"

Chaeyoung smiled sleepily "I can't believe I'm reciprocated, we are completely different. You are intelligent and serious while I am incredibly stupid"

"Your stupidity fascinates me and this makes me a stupid squared"

"Don't start talking in an incomprehensible language, you'll give me a headache"

"Then I'll just give you a kiss and sleep" she did what she had just said, snuggling into Chaeyoung's arms and sinking into a world where there was no danger or pain.