Life and Death

Fake & True

The next morning Jeongyeon's first gesture was to look for the girl she had spent the night with with her hand, widening her eyes immediately after finding nothing but a pillow "Momo?"

Receiving no response, she warned and jumped to her feet, ready to fight anyone in order to find the person she was looking for.

It was enough to get out of her room to understand where the brunette was: the sound of the water from the shower could be heard loud and clear, a sign that the one who was using it had opened the jet to the maximum.

Jeongyeon slowly opened the door to make sure the situation was under control, immediately forgetting her mission because of what she was seeing: Momo was from behind and was lathering her hair, plus the slightly misted shower glass gave an effect I see I don't see was making her head spin.

"Are you going to stand there staring at me like a maniac? You've already seen me . Twice"

"You should be glad to have my watchful eye on you, it means I like you a lot" she had walked into the bathroom, ready to jump into the shower to liven up that day.

However, to her great disappointment, Momo had finished washing and had slid the glass, putting an end to the vision that had so teased the other girl to make her have an even better one "I'm sorry, but I have to go home to make sure that the my twin and my best friend are still alive. You know how it is, they are always ready to fight each other. I got this towel in the drawer, can I use it?"

The pureblood looked dazed "you can use me if you want"

"Yoo Jeongyeon, wake up and tell me if I can use this towel to dry myself or I'll have to wet the floor" she was smiling smugly.

"Sure you can, but maybe you might need another shower in the near future"

That said, taking advantage of her physical strength, she took the hybrid in her arms and moved quickly to fit both of them in the shower. Momo seemed ready to protest, but a kiss from the person she loved was enough to make her surrender to her fate.

 

 

 

 

Walking around without clothes on in other people's homes must have been a family vice, as Sana hadn't bothered to put something on after leaving her girlfriend's bed "where's my favorite vampire? It's cold when you're not near me"

Dahyun was in the kitchen and raised an eyebrow at the ness of the vampire hunter "when you're cold it's enough to get dressed, didn't you know?"

"You are always so boring, you should know that there are no better clothes to wear than you. Do you know what I mean?" she was looking at her with malice.

"It's noon, maybe it would be better to start preparing lunch. Take a shower, you're unpresentable" she came over to give her a quick kiss "I love you" 

Sana had remained motionless, her eyes fixed on those of the shorter girl "what did you say?"

"I said I love you"

"I thought you didn't like talking about your feelings"

"Anything could happen at any time and keeping these words to me wouldn't make any sense, wouldn't it? It would be a waste"

The smile of the one who was supposed to hate vampires was so sincere that it even was reflected in the eyes "who would have thought that?"

"What?" Dahyun had tilted her head, looking confused.

"Who would have thought that I would fall in love with you, a vampire with masochistic tendencies and prone to fasting? If someone had told me I would never have believed it"

The vampire had smiled "life can be unpredictable and then it is known that those who despise buy" she had moved away from her girlfriend to take the necessary to cook "what would you like to eat today?"

"Do you want an honest answer?"

"No, I want to know what food you would like to eat. ert with yellow hair"

Sana had pouted "since your hair has gone black all you do is make fun of me, you are unpleasant"

The younger was unable to answer due to an enthusiastic exclamation "I guess having nice buttocks is part of the virtues of the family" Jeongyeon was standing in the kitchen doorway, her eyes on Sana's body "how did you hide this beautiful physique?"

Momo cleared "you are staring at my twin, should I worry?"

"There is no need, as much as I like to look there will never be anyone more beautiful than you in my eyes"

"Better prepare lunch, go wash and dress or I'll kick your " Dahyun had turned a threatening look at the only blonde in the room, keeping that grim look to the end "well, now that she is gone I want to know everything that happened between you two"

It was the hybrid who replied, smiling as she hadn't done for a long time "it went great, I have the impression that we are made to be together"

The way Jeongyeon was looking at her girlfriend had confirmed that statement and it was enough for Dahyun to calm down.

 

 

 


After lunch, as scheduled for the day, all the remaining students had gathered at the school to welcome the Hunters who had agreed to help. Sana had reached out to her family to make some recommendations "don't kill anyone and keep in mind that right now we are all allies, understood?"

The same boy she had communicated with during her time at school was looking around "you can rest assured, we know it very well and we have no ulterior motives. Is that your sister? Cute, maybe I could start liking vampires"

Having said that sentence he found two menacing eyes fixed on him "come close to her and I'll kill you" Jeongyeon was far away, but her momentary wickedness had not gone unnoticed.

The boy whistled "how much cordiality, our family is nicer"

"She's Momo's girlfriend and I don't know how close you should be, she might eat you for a snack" there was amusement in Sana's voice.

"I'll stay in my place and I'll just hand over my weapons, there will surely be some human worthy of note to conquer" he had taken off his leather jacket as a sign of respect for the vampires before going up to the small stage of the main hall and starting his speech.

He waited until he looked every single person in the eye before speaking "my name is Sam, I am the first heir of the Minatozaki family and I am here today to make sure you are all ready to fight the demon" he grabbed the belt he was wearing with both hands, shaking it hard to show its resistance "we will give these belts to humans and, as you can see, they are equipped with various stakes, holy water and even medicines. For this special occasion we have added small silver crucifixes already blessed in each pouch, given their greater effectiveness on demonic entities. I know it will be hard to trust each other, but please respect the truce decided by your principal and my father. Take a belt each and familiarize yourself with it, if if you have any questions, you can contact me or my colleagues"

Sana was looking at him with admiration "since when are you good with words?"

"I always have been, I pretended to be a fool to make your talents stand out"

"I'm afraid I haven't understood"

Sam had placed a hand on her head with delicacy "I already knew everything about you, I heard mom and dad talking about it and how do you know if you don't show up you are abandoned. As a child you were weak and, to prevent you from a bad fate, I pretended to be too. Now there is no need anymore since you are reunited with your twin"

While those two were clarifying some things, Momo was intent on taking Jihyo's mischievous glances "could you stop looking at me like that? It's embarrassing"

"When you get married I want to be the maid of honor, I'll make it clear immediately"

"I'm afraid you'll have to fight with my sister about it, I don't want to know anything"

The human was fastening the belt that was given to her with extreme attention "seriously.. I'm really happy for you and Jeongyeon and I hope things can go smoothly between you two"

"I hope so too and I am sure that you too will find someone to love and who can love you as you deserve. Otherwise I will hang that person on the wall for the purpose of using them as a dartboard"

"This is brutal" Jihyo had made a face, but this was quickly replaced by a sincere smile "why are you hugging me?"

Momo had closed her eyes to enjoy that moment "I wanted to hug you all before fighting Tzuyu and only you were missing"

The doors of the lecture hall flew against the wall they faced, followed by pieces of the wall that were breaking away one behind the other. The hybrid had pushed her friend to the floor, using her body to protect her "I think it's time"

Chaeyoung also moved quickly and used one of the folding chairs as a shield "are you okay?" she had positioned herself in front of her girlfriend, terrified.

Mina nodded and held on to the vampire's shirt "if anything happens to me remember I love you"

"Shut up, nothing will happen to you. I will not allow anything or anyone to get close to you" the fear that she had felt a few seconds before had turned into pure adrenaline "let's go into the corridor and get closer to the others, we must remain united"

Dahyun also mobilized to protect Sana, who however did not appreciate her gesture "I don't need to be protected, you have to think about your survival"

"I have enough energy to allow myself to think about both of them. I know you are strong and I would never allow myself to belittle you, but I don't give you the right to tell me what I can or can't do. You are my girlfriend, not my boss"

"Okay, let's wait for the other to join us and then we will decide how to act. Panicking won't help us"

A few moments passed and their group was complete, but Jeongyeon's gaze was on the main entrance of their school "Nayeon?"

 

 

 


The headmaster, after realizing the situation, had hurried to extract the amulet from its new hiding place, ready to join his students to put an end to everything. He was afraid, but he was ready to die to save all the young people in whom he had placed his hopes for a peaceful and war-free future between the two races.

His noble initiative was cut short at the exact moment he touched the doorknob with his hand, being pushed by an invisible force against the heavy desk in his office.

"Where did you think you were going with an object that doesn't belong to you?" Tzuyu's voice rang in the man's ears "give it to me without making a fuss and I'll kill you quickly, without making you suffer"

"You can forget it, you unclean being" he was clutching the amulet with all his strength, intent on resisting until the end.

The demon had finally appeared before his eyes "today I felt strangely good, but you leave me no other choice"

Seeing the look that promised death again convinced the vampire to make a last silent prayer "I hope with all my heart that my students will be able to eliminate you once and for all"

"Really moving, stupid old man" she had only needed a movement of her hand to make the amulet from the blue stone float in the air until it landed on her palm "I wish you a good rest, uncle"

Tzuyu's eyes had gone completely black and the same fate had befallen the headmaster's heart before it exploded inside the rib cage. The lifeless body of the one who had struggled all his life had fallen to the floor in a sprawling manner.

"Really funny, now I'm going to help my future queen. Wish us a happy ending" she kicked the corpse before leaving the office.

 

 

 


"Nayeon? Is that really you?" Jeongyeon had taken two steps forward. Her legs and hands were shaking, her heart rate was skyrocketing and she was on the verge of tears.

"Who else?" her voice had deepened and her gaze did not convey a single emotion. It was as if their friendship never existed.

The pureblood had stopped in front of her, her face gently and letting the tears she had held back roll down her cheeks "you can't even imagine how happy I am to see you safe and sound" 

"If I were you I would stop touching me, Tzuyu is very jealous and it's probably the same for your girlfriend"

"Momo already knows how I feel for you and she would never be offended by such a thing. What did that demon do to you? Tell me and I will do what I can to save you from her"

"I don't need to be saved by the person I love, take your hands off me or I'll take your arms off"

The other girls were behind their tallest friend and it was Dahyun who pulled her back "I advise you to make her nervous, it is clear that she is not aware of what she does. Judging by her eyes I would say that both her mind and her body are under Tzuyu's control" 

"Is there anything we can do to free her?" Chaeyoung did not break away from her girlfriend for a second and the two girls seemed glued to each other "I think anything could be fine"

Sana was staring at Nayeon, noticing how the latter had become immobilized to the point of looking like a statue "in the books of demonology it says that any bond can be broken with the right method, but we must find out what kind of bond holds them together or Nayeon could die again and permanently"

Mina was also trying to analyze the older of their group "what kinds of bonds can be created after bringing a dead person back to life? Maybe there really is something we can do to save her"

"The mental bond is the simplest both to establish and to destroy, but that can be implemented if the dead person's mind is somehow recoverable" it was Jihyo who answered, having remembered some of the things she had read with Dahyun "the physical bond also exists, but I hope Tzuyu is not so macabre that she had with Nayeon's corpse"

"I would not rule out the blood bond" Dahyun seemed even more frightened "is the strongest of all and binds the demon to the person in an indissoluble way both in the mind and in the body. It creates two distinct people with only one soul to unite them, said in poor words"

Momo was massaging her temples "what does it mean? I just can't understand"

The hope in Jeongyeon's eyes was completely gone "it means that, in case there is a blood bond, the only way to free Nayeon is to kill Tzuyu"

"This, however, would lead to the death of both" was Sana to conclude the sentence, which she had a stake in her hands "I'm sorry girls, but we have no other choice"

"Are you crazy? We can't kill her!" the pureblood had grabbed her shoulders tightly "I won't let you, we have to find a solution to save her"

The blonde was not broken in the least "there is no way and you know it too, stop fooling yourself and think about piercing her heart. If you love her as you say then you have to be the one to save her"

"You are heartless"

"And you are a slave to your emotions"

"I do not think we need to argue and I propose to immediately understand what kind of bond we are dealing with" Jihyo had a straight back and was breathing deeply to stay calm.

Dahyun had turned her full attention to her "how are you going to do it?"

"In this way" she had taken a crucifix from the pouch and pressed it hard on Nayeon's arm, ignoring the grimace on Nayeon's face "if they are bound by blood this will hurt Tzuyu too"

None of them had been able to stop that reckless action and they were petrified with fear. The skin on Nayeon's arm was turning red and the only thing to do was wait for a possible reaction from her.

Nothing happened and the only thing they got was a disturbing and deafening silence at the same time, which didn't want to interrupt.

The vampires were blown away by a sudden chill "hello girls, did you miss me?" Tzuyu had materialized next to her girlfriend and grabbed Mina's neck "I want to start with you useless humans, but I really think I'll wait to kill you"

"Don't touch her!" Chaeyoung couldn't break away from the wall against which she had ended up "I'll kill you, if you do something to her I'll take your head off!"

"Shut up, I have no desire to kill her now. Keep her as well" she pushed the human hard, making her fall on top of the vampire "now remain silent to flirt"

Sana took two large stakes and took advantage of that moment of distraction to hit the demon from behind, but she was pushed to the floor with such force that her head banged hard enough to make her pass out.

The only one left in front of Tzuyu was Jihyo "you hurt my girlfriend and, according to what I have studied in this world, every action has a reaction"

Jihyo wanted to escape as fast as possible, but her legs didn't want to move and the only thing she could do was turn her torso enough to look at all of her friends "thanks for making me feel the love of a family"

"How cute, I feel like crying with emotion and for this reason I'll give you a special treatment" she took the amulet and was turning it in her hands "you know what happens when the stone is blown up in the body of a person? Its energy is rumored to expand everywhere, slowly destroying everything that makes up a human body. Let's try" 

That said she moved quickly, piercing Jihyo in her belly without any hesitation "it will take a while, you will have enough time to think back to your miserable life" she dropped her to the ground after hearing the sound of the exploding stone.

Momo, despite the strength that was pressing her against the floor, had managed to sit up and was crying desperately at the sight of her friend's body moved by the spasms "Jihyo!"

 

 

 

~~~

The next chapter will be the last, we are almost at the end.