Thirst for blood

Fake & True

A month had passed since the death of the five vampires and although they were always on the lookout, the students and all the school staff had managed to strike a balance solid enough to keep fear at bay.

Humans had become accustomed to the new lifestyle and the change brought about by continuous training was evident in each of them. They were no longer afraid of the vampires they spent several hours with each day and both races had developed a good level of tolerance.

That morning the humans were having breakfast at the canteen in the structure where they were staying, talking about this and that to pass the time and helping each other to review the topics that they would deepen that day.

"This stuff is too difficult and antiquated, it is useless for the historical period we are living in and I wonder why Professor Min cares so much to teach useless things" Chaeyoung had placed her forehead on the table, already exhausted.

Mina, to make her raise her head, had prepared a toast with strawberry jam "you can learn a lot from history, especially from that of vampires"

"There is nothing useful for us" the shortest of the group had already bitten her breakfast in a listless way.

"On this I must correct you because thanks to the notions of history we were able to learn the most effective methods to protect ourselves from vampires" Jihyo, who was eating a yogurt, had pointed the spoon at her "although it can be difficult to assimilate any information is undeniable that are useful"

Sana had nodded to give her approval "if you really can't learn by yourself ask our classmates to help you, I've become very good since I started studying with Dahyun"

"I've already asked Momo for help, but I don't know if her patience can last long enough not to decide to take my head off after the thousandth question in five minutes" she ran a hand through her hair, before smiling with her dimple "talking of Dahyun.. "

"I'm going to review some pages" the blonde had grabbed her tray, walking away from the table at a brisk pace.

Mina was smiling amused "she likes her"

"She really is" added Tzuyu before eating a grape "but she is not the only one to have developed romantic feelings, am I right Jihyo?"

The older was blushing "you're talking about yourself I guess, you and Nayeon are pretty in tune"

"I have no problem admitting it, everyone knows we're dating" she was smiling "the only one who doesn't want to admit she's interested in someone is you. You'll feel lighter after doing that, you know?"

"I need to review some topics from today's lesson, I feel that if I didn't do it right away I might start crying. See you later" Jihyo had perfectly imitated what her roommate had done, leaving the canteen without looking back and speaking to herself to give herself an attitude.

The three girls who remained at the table had followed her with their eyes, giggling and imitating the embarrassed facial expression of their friends. Tzuyu had set her eyes on the other two "it would be fun if you two decide to stay together too"

Chaeyoung was frozen with the toast in mid-air and open "the two of us?" she asked pointing to herself and the girl sitting next to her.

"Me and this fool are just friends. It's already unbearable like that, let alone if she was my girlfriend" Mina was wiping , as she almost spat out the orange juice she was drinking.

"I think the same, I would never want to fall in love with such a nerd"

Tzuyu had looked down at her hands, thinking about the words of her friends "it's a pity you think so, in my opinion it could be very funny"

Chaeyoung shook her head "don't talk about it, speech closed"

"I agree" Mina was looking at her emails "Chae, this afternoon we have the donation"

"I'll be ready, I've gotten good by now and they don't even have to hold me down" she put a hand to her chest with pride, bragging about her courage until they reached the class.

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon had pushed her best friend away for the third time since she had set foot in the kitchen "you have to stop sticking to me, you bother me"

"I've been doing it for years and it's the first time I've heard you say you don't like it"

"I used to like it, but now I don't. People change"

Nayeon was staring at her "you're acting like this because Tzuyu and I are dating, am I right?"

"Even if it was like that, even if I told you that the reason is this, would anything change?"

"I don't understand why you behave this way, we have always been very close and now you don't even allow me to get close to you" her eyes were clearer than usual, to the point of highlighting her sadness "you even lock your bedroom door"

Jeongyeon had emptied the glass of blood in two long gulps "you are interested in another person and I respect that, you have to respect my tendency to isolate myself and not bother me. If you want to sleep hugging someone or have ask your girlfriend, those things are no longer part of our relationship"

"I have no desire to give up on you, you can't tell me these things"

"You made your choice and you have to respect the person you said you wanted to be with. It hurts me too, but I don't want to be what humans call a lover. All or nothing, you already know how I feel about it. You will always have my support and all the advices you want, but you won't have me. I'm not anyone's second choice, not even yours"

After spitting the reality of the facts in her face, the figure of Jeongyeon was no longer present in their small apartment, leaving Nayeon in total silence.

Before leaving the house, for obvious reasons, she had felt the need to drink more blood than usual for breakfast, but despite her efforts to remain calm she felt as tense as a violin string.

Arrived in the classroom she stopped in front of Dahyun's desk, dropping her backpack on it "today I'll sit here, put yourself in my seat"

"Why are you asking me? Did something happen?" the blonde's response had been polite and she would never have expected the events that followed.

Nayeon had moved the desk to approach the other vampire, grabbing her by the neck and lifting her off the ground "I didn't give you permission to talk to me, am I wrong?" she didn't give her time to reply as she pushed her hard against the wall, leaving her breathless.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Leave her!" Momo had wrapped her arms around the pureblood to pull her away from her best friend "stop it, you're hurting her!" her voice came out in a desperate whisper.

The older did as she was told, dropping Dahyun on the floor and turning threateningly to Momo "you shouldn't risk your life for a person who will turn her back on you at the first opportunity"

"Are you drunk? I can't understand your nonsense"

"Nobody wanted you, half human and half vampire. Your mother preferred to run away with another vampire and your father chose his career as a doctor instead of his precious little daughter" she was her cheek, looking at her with mock displeasure "do you really believe that the fake vampire will stay with you forever? Poor you, true friends don't exist"

"How do you know these things about my parents? I never told anyone" she had teary eyes and clenched fists "tell me who told you!"

"I just know, it is enough to look at your being pathetic to understand that your parents did not want you" she reached Tzuyu, taking her hand gently and taking her away from the class to be alone with her.

Jeongyeon was standing beside the brunette "don't listen to her, when the princess has a bad mood she does nothing but spoil the mood of the others" she was her back, a gesture she had never done before "you want me to use the manipulation to make you forget the things she said to you?"

"Even if I forget what Nayeon said it wouldn't change the reality, but thank you anyway" she went to sit down after making sure Dahyun was okay, keeping her head down for the duration of the lessons.

 

 

 

 

The outing the girls had arranged for the afternoon had been postponed, but Sana had snuck into Mina and Chaeyoung's room to study together with Dahyun's help. The remaining members of their class weren't around and had decided to study without them.

"Hyun, could you explain to me again how your powers work? They fascinate me a lot" Chaeyoung adored the blonde vampire and enjoyed hearing her talk about anything because of the calmness conveyed by her voice.

"We are not here for this, I will tell you when we have finished studying the pages assigned to us by the professor" she was cleaning the slate with extreme care, irritated by the fact that many remnants of the marker remained on it.

Sana sat next to her "try this" she stretched out her arm to be able to clean with her finger "by doing this it takes off easily, just wipe your hands once finished" she rubbed her dirty finger on the vampire's cheek, staining it black.

"Don't clean yourself on me!" she pulled her hand away with obvious annoyance "don't you know to have manners?"

"Maybe not, I think you should teach me as my friend" she gave her an angelic smile.

"The two of us are not friends" Dahyun muttered before clearing and starting to explain the arguments they asked her, using all her patience just to answer Chaeyoung's constant questions.

Sana had also given her a lot of trouble, to the point of threatening to bite her if she continued to be stupid and, to her surprise, the way she looked at her after that threat had made Dahyun hungry. She managed to resist thanks to the chocolate bars she always carried with her and thanks to Mina's help.

 

 

 

 

"What are you doing here?" Momo's eyes were red and the gentleness that characterized her seemed to have disappeared, replaced by an obvious nervousness.

Jihyo was looking at her with concern "I'm here to make sure you're okay. Your behavior today was unusual and I worried a lot"

"I'm great, go back to the others" she said before trying to close the door, but the other girl had stopped her from doing it "I want to be alone"

"I'll leave soon if that's what you want, but now I want to keep you company" she walked into the apartment when the vampire allowed it, looking around and noticing several broken glass on the floor "was that you?"

"Who else? There's a reason I asked our classmates to keep Dahyun busy, I don't want to worry her even more" she reached down to pick everything up.

Jihyo immediately imitated her, being careful not to cut her fingers "the fact that you always worry about others is really nice, but every now and then you should let someone take care of you"

"I really appreciate your concern, but I am not able to play the part of someone who lets herself be helped" she was throwing the glass into the basket she had previously taken, imitated by the human "now that everything is clean you can go, thank you for helping me to collect all the glass. You didn't even cut yourself, you were very good" she smiled weakly.

"Honestly, I don't want to leave" she took her hand gently "I'd like to talk to you for a while"

"What Nayeon said is true, is that what you wanted to know?"

Jihyo had looked down "I'm so sorry, you are one of the few people in the world who doesn't deserve to suffer"

"I got used to it, my father was forced to abandon me here in order to survive among humans and I can't judge him for that, I can't be so selfish as to think I have to be the center of his world" she was looking at their hands "can I.. Can I have a hug?"

"Sure you can, come here" she opened her arms, waiting for the hug just requested but that didn't come.

Momo had smiled before moving at the speed of light, grabbing the human to reach her room and throwing them both on the bed "it's much more comfortable" she was holding her gently.

"I kindly asked you not to do it again!" Jihyo's heart was beating at a frantic pace "you could at least have warned"

"I humbly ask forgiveness, Miss Park" the vampire had closed her eyes, looking relaxed.

The other girl was staring at her, focusing her gaze on a specific point of the older's face and never taking it away. She adored the shape of and her hands were itching with the desire to trace its outline with a finger.

"What are you waiting for to kiss me?" Momo whispered after catching her in the act.

"I could ask you the same question, but I'm not childish like you and I know when it's time to act" she leaned forward, inserting one leg between hybrid's to get closer and placing her lips on hers. 

It was an innocent kiss, at least until Momo had decided to lie on her back to have Jihyo's body pressed against hers "if you don't want my kisses and my hands on you this is the time to stop. Take advantage of it now that I can control my desires"

The human, in response, let out a short laugh "you vampires have a talent for these things, why should I turn down some fun?"

"That was just what I wanted to hear" she replied before reversing their positions and kissing her passionately. In those few hours spent together they were both able to forget everything: there were neither humans nor vampires and there was no threat ready to eliminate everyone.

 

 

 

 

"I have told you a thousand times that you shouldn't write like that and you insist on doing it, don't even try to blame me if the professor takes away points" Dahyun was exasperated by Sana, who never seemed to understand what was repeated to her over and over.

"I'm bored to death and there's no point studying when you have a nerdy friend who might let you copy every single answer"

The vampire did her best not to scream in front of her face "Sana, our professor is a very trained vampire and he can hear anything thanks to his super developed hearing. Do you remember that or not?"

"How boring you are, I was just kidding" she resumed reading the last of the pages they had to study, glancing at the girl sitting next to her. She decided to make that study session more interesting by slowly moving her hand until it rested on Dahyun's thigh.

The vampire seemed frightened by that "what are you doing?"

"I'm trying to get rid of boredom, don't tell me you don't like it" her hand was going up more and more, stopping very close to the goal "you seem tense, don't you like physical contact?"

Dahyun's common sense was dictating her to remain motionless in the chair, drawing on the vampiric ability to annihilate the world around her to keep calm, but to no avail. She liked Sana and having that kind of attention from her was an honor for her. The problem? She had an overwhelming desire to bite her neck, which was thankfully covered with her long blonde hair.

"Let yourself go and have some fun with me" she was whispering in her ear "I like you and you like me, what are we waiting for?"

"You should stay away from me, I don't think I can control myself" her eyes were darker and she could feel her fangs lengthen. She got up from the chair, covering with her hands.

Sana grabbed a small knife she had in her pocket to do something the vampire never expected: she threw back her hair and ran the blade down her neck, dosing the force to make a shallow cut. She put the weapon down after reaching the goal of bleeding "I know you want it, come and get it. It's all yours. I'm yours"

Dahyun's gaze was fixed on the trickle of blood that slowly flowed down the human's neck, making her feel a mixture of pleasant and horrible emotions at the same time. She tried hard to resist, but when thr taller girl touched her wound and then put her blood-stained fingers on her lips she completely lost her mind.

She had never bitten anyone and that new experience, as well as making her feel stronger than usual, was making her disproportionately aroused. Sana too, after overcoming the shock of having teeth sunk into her flesh, was feeling the same things and it was she who kissed the vampire on her bloody lips.

"I love you Dahyun, I want to be yours forever"

After that phrase, Dahyun found herself sitting on the bed, immersed in the darkness of the night. She put a hand to , which was burning like the flame of a huge bonfire, realizing that she had soiled both the bed and her pajamas with her own blood from the holes in her lip caused by the elongated fangs.

Remembering the dream made her hungrier and eager for the human who had invaded her thoughts, but she forced herself to reach the kitchen and chase away her carnal desires. Once she arrived at her destination she took a bar of chocolate and a vial of blood "just two drops, not one more. You'll be fine, you can do it"

She managed to get back to bed after an enormous effort to make do with the meager amount of blood ingested, but thinking about Sana and her scent was driving her insane enough to prevent her from sleeping. The dream that she had made didn't leave her alone for even a second, making her feel guilty and prompting her to make a decision as drastic as it was unwanted.