After all this time? Always.

Fake & True

Screaming her name hadn't helped and Momo was trying like never before to be able to get up "why isn't anyone coming to help us? !" yet another punch to the floor had helped form a crack, despite the vampire being very weak due to Tzuyu's powers.

"Are you referring to the Hunters and the people who are part of the school? I am sorry to inform you that I am not stupid and that I have chosen my best servants to entertain them" Tzuyu had appeared in front of the brunette, looking at her with evident amusement "you remained in six and you have no power against me, how does it feel to be worth less than a dead gnat?"

"Get that stuff off Jihyo or I'll tear you apart, you lousy abomination"

"Maybe we didn't understand each other" she grabbed her face with one hand, making sure to plug with her palm "I'm the one who decides how to make you die and your little friend got the treatment she deserved. You should be grateful for that"

The only thing Momo was able to do was crying silently and hope that things might be fixed somehow.

Tzuyu had whirled around after a few seconds, standing up "now I understand why you didn't even breathe when I hit your girlfriend"

A few meters away was Dahyun perfectly stable on her legs "you have a terrifying amount of energy and I have no intention of leaving it all"

"Do you know that you could die? I am too powerful and you can never weaken me simply by tapping into my energy. You are a particular type of vampire, but you are not invincible"

"I am aware of the risks and I am not afraid to fight with you"

The demon had laughed heartily, so much so that she had thrown her head back "I admire your stupidity disguised as courage and for this I will allow your friends to greet the first victim of this pathetic group. I am really kind today"

The girls she had pinned suddenly felt very light and Momo hadn't thought twice before running to Jihyo, ignoring the battle that was about to begin. She had taken her in her arms as delicately as possible "you're just a fool, you always make me worry" she was her face, trying hard not to let her notice the trembling in her hands.

"It's cold" Jihyo's body moved in small jerks from time to time "I don't have much time left"

"Shut up, don't say these things. Remember our conversation about the future? I don't like children, but I want to be the aunt of your babies, can you hear me? You promised me not to abandon me until the end, you can't leave me like this. What will become of the villa and the cat you wanted to adopt? Don't be silly and get over this moment, I beg you" she was crying so much that her vision was completely blurred.

The human smiled despite the excruciating pain "you can take care of making my dreams come true, but know that the desire to be happy has always been what mattered to me more than the others" her tone of voice was lowering more, a sign that the contents of the amulet had almost reached the head.

"You will have to do it, there is still a way to save you" she had turned to look for someone "I need a complete vampire, we have to transform her!" she had sobbed at the end of each word "hurry up!"

"I don't want to live like a vampire, respect my will" Jihyo too was crying and tears of blood were coming out of her eyes "I don't want to die, but I don't want to become immortal either"

Jeongyeon had joined them and dropped to her knees to help her girlfriend support Jihyo "I heard what you said, are you really sure you don't want to? Think about it, there is still a chance to save you"

Jihyo's hand had closed into a fist on the pureblood's shirt "tear that apart and take care of each other, I just want that. Promise it and I can let go, put an end to my suffering"

"I promise you, we'll do our best" Jeongyeon's lips rested on her forehead "you were a wonderful person, you can go now" she was crying too, unable to contain her sobs after seeing Momo's desperate reaction in front of Jihyo's stillness.

Tzuyu had stopped attacking Dahyun to enjoy the scene of all of them around the corpse "it's always a pleasure to witness these precious moments, maybe I should have brought a video camera to document everything"

"I'll break your face with my bare hands, even if that's the last thing I do" Momo had laid Jihyo's body in Mina's arms before struggling to get up and turn a hateful gaze towards the demon "say your last words"

"I'm shivering with fear" Tzuyu was looking at her perfect nails "I don't advise you to face me, you are not at my level and you would die in a pathetic way to say the least"

"You don't have to do bull, stay here to work out a plan with us" Sana was holding the arms of her twin, she too unable to hold back her tears "we have to collaborate or we will suffer other losses"

Chaeyoung, to make sure the hybrid didn't make any risky moves, stood in front of her to hold her shoulders "your eyes are full of hate and Jihyo doesn't want that, she doesn't want to see you become a monster. Let's kill her all together, let's survive"

"Okay, but I don't think we will have enough time to think about how to act"

Dahyun was the last to say hello to Jihyo and she was ready to fight again "Jeongyeon and I are the strongest and we will attack first, you give us support"

"You won't make it, it's madness" Sana was looking at her girlfriend with wide eyes, not at all intending to keep a detached expression "if you think I'll let you do it then you're just stupid"

"I'm absorbing her energy right now, sooner or later she'll have to show herself vulnerable and that's when you can attack her too. It's not madness, it's common sense"

"Let's just do it or she'll kill us before we even begin" Jeongyeon gave Momo a quick kiss before running towards Tzuyu along with Dahyun.

The demon's powers were indisputable and in a short time they were all back on the floor. The humans had been injured and were bleeding as the vampires had nearly run out of strength.

In their eyes the end had come and they had looked at each other for strength in the last moments of their lives, surprising themselves at Tzuyu's hesitation "take off, I have no intention of hitting you too"

Nayeon, following the shock caused by all those unpleasant events, had managed to come to her senses and had a crucifix tightly between her fingers, regardless of the fact that the object was burning her flesh "I don't move, you killed one of the people I love and you are trying to do the same with the others. I can't allow it"

"How did you regain control of yourself? I did not give you consent" the Queen of Hell was shocked.

"You are weakening by dint of attacking and Dahyun's ability is leaving you no respite, but I think it was also possible from the love that binds us" the pureblood smiled, even if her eyes were sad "you know Tzu, I think that the happy ending cannot exist for everyone"

"I don't understand what it has to do with us, it is obvious that we will return home and that we will live happily for eternity. Let me finish what I started and then we will leave everything behind"

Nayeon let salty tears roll down her cheeks "for us there will be nothing but death" she greeted her friends, revealing the feelings of affection she felt for each of them "I'm happy to have been part of this family, thank you immensely"

"Nay, don't be silly!" Tzuyu had lost her composure and ran to her better half.

"I'm just doing the right thing. I love you in spite of everything and I hope you can have a real life after this. I hope you understand what it means to really love" those were her last words, after which she had stuck the crucifix straight in the heart, smiling without regret despite the pain.

Tzuyu's demonic magic was quickly disappearing from the face of the Earth and the latter had failed to undo the blood bond she had established with Nayeon, ending up lifeless as well. The only thing she could do was to shake the hand of the one person she cared about, who had also been the cause of her death.

 

 

 

 

Vampires were not used to organizing funerals and for that reason, while those in charge were looking after the wounded and the school that was falling apart, the girls had taken the three lifeless bodies of their companions and carried them to the most block of the park where they had spent an incalculable number of days of study.

None of them had talked all along, they needed to realize the situation and get over the shock of what happened. Jeongyeon had offered to dig, never ceasing to keep an eye on the others "are you sure you want to bury Tzuyu with them too?"

"She is a victim too and as such deserves a burial" Dahyun was sitting on the grass in Sana's arms "I hate her too, but if we don't take this first step towards forgiveness we will never be able to live for real and we promised to be happy, to make Jihyo and Nayeon's dreams come true"

"Forgiving Tzuyu won't bring back all the people she killed, it won't bring things back to normal" Momo had red eyes and a look that would have scared anyone.

Chaeyoung was dealing with Mina's wounds "I agree with Dahyun, she doesn't even deserve our hatred. And then, even if it's hard to understand, Nayeon loved her and it wouldn't be right to part them. Tzuyu was a victim of herself and the evil she was born with and Nayeon understood it, we need to focus on this to be able to move on with our lives"

Sana also agreed "let's just do it, both for them and for ourselves"

"I'm done, help me put them in" Jeongyeon grabbed Tzuyu's feet, aided by Dahyun who was holding the demon's body from the shoulders.

Before letting them cover the bodies with loam Momo had taken off a ring with a small diamond in the shape of a flower and put it on Jihyo's finger "I know you liked it a lot and it is right that it stays with you, take care"

They all contributed to making sure that the burial was the best and had mobilized to go and buy the most beautiful flowers, taking a fake one for all three with the aim of making their presence felt even after the real ones withered.

Showering and sleeping had not helped the survivors' mood and there was silence even during the work to rebuild everything that had been destroyed by the attack of the demons, a sign that they were all shaken.

At the end of the work Sam had approached his adoptive sister "I'm going home, what are you going to do?"

"I'm coming with you, give me a few minutes to say goodbye to my friends and my sister"

"Are you sure? Even dad said you don't have to be a Hunter anymore"

"I'm sure. Wait for me at the main gate" she patted him on the shoulder before turning her heel to reach the people she was supposed to say goodbye.

Chaeyoung had been the first to look at her "are you really leaving?"

The human had nodded with regret "there are some things I have to fix before I can define myself free and it should take a year, will you wait for me?"

"Obviously, but we're not going to stay here and do nothing. Momo and I have decided to go on a long journey to find ourselves" Jeongyeon kissed the head of the girl just mentioned, making her smile.

Mina had also added to the conversation "Chae and I will do something similar, but we will come back from time to time to say hello"

"What have you decided to do?" Momo was looking at her best friend with a mixture of love and concern.

"I want to stay here to take over the school, I've already talked about it with Professor Min and he'll help me" she didn't seem happy, not even a little, but her determination was clear.

Sana wanted to cry, but playing the part of the person without feelings suited her more and she just pointed the finger at her girlfriend "when I come back we will fight and the winner will decide what to do with the life of the other, understood?"

"Do you know that if I win you will have to say goodbye to your precious and predominant human part?"

"It could be what I want, but it will depend on how strong you are. We will meet again soon, Kim Dahyun"

A whistle came out of Jeongyeon's mouth "she called her by name, the matter is really serious"

"When will you come back for this little fight? We'll be there too" Chaeyoung smiled adorable "I want to enjoy the sight of a Hunter being kicked in the "

"Really nice of you" she had rolled her eyes, hinting at a smile immediately after "I'll see you again on October 20th, in exactly a year and four months. Okay?"

"It is decided, that day we will go back to being a family" Dahyun got up with the claim, immediately accepted by the others, of a group hug "I love you all and I will miss you. I will wait for you"

"And we'll get back to you" Sana replied before giving her a quick kiss.

They were all gone after a few minutes, leaving Dahyun in front of the main entrance of the school "I have to prepare myself to handle the first year students who will arrive in September, you know that teenagers are terrible"

Professor Min had remained by her side during the restorations and modifications: the school structure had remained the same and the apartments had been demolished to make room for dormitories equal to those in which the humans had housed, in addition to the statue of Dracula many others had been placed of importance to both humans and vampires and, where they had buried the three people they had lost, Dahyun had had a small cemetery set up as a sign of respect for all who had given their lives to protect the school and its students.

No one was going to be any different, that was Dahyun's goal.

 

 

 


One year and four months. That very long and at the same time short period of time had passed in a flash and the family was ready to reunite definitively. The first to arrive in the place they had chosen, running at maximum speed, were Mina and Chaeyoung.

"Hyun, we are back!" had yelled the latter with enthusiasm. Her hair had grown a lot, and while the other vampire couldn't be sure, she looked even taller.

"I would never have bet on you two, I had bet on Momo and Jeongyeon since they are always the most punctual" she was running to hug them, smiling after noticing a rather important change "we have another vampire here"

Mina, as far as possible, had become even more elegant than she was as a human, as well as more beautiful "it would have been a waste to lose two years and we took advantage of it. How do I look?"

"You are stunning honey" it was Jeongyeon who spoke, who had a little girl sitting on her shoulders and one attached to her leg like a monkey.

Momo had another girl of the same age in her arms "sorry for the delay, these little pests didn't want to get out of bed"

"Do you have daughters? When did this happen?" Chaeyoung looked shocked.

"Six months ago we happened to be in a vampire orphanage and we met these babies. We didn't tell you because we wanted to surprise you" Jeongyeon had a proud smile "introduce yourselves, don't be shy"

"Wouldn't it be better to wait for Sana to arrive for introductions?" Dahyun was looking around.

Her best friend shook her head, smiling "she already knows them, don't worry" she lined up the girls in front of their aunts "say what your name is, come on"

"Yeon!" she had very soft cheeks and a sly smile.

"Hyo!" her eyes were huge and full of life.

"Yu" she had a beautiful face and was very shy, so much that she had hidden behind her sisters. 

The three girls, having overcome the surprise, had fixed their eyes on their friends and it was Momo who explained the situation "they were born on the same day that Nayeon, Jihyo and Tzuyu died. The time was the same too, so we decided to adopt them and to give them these names in their honor. They don't know how to pronounce them yet, but they are terribly cute"

"At first it was hard to have these little pests in the house, as they look a lot like the people they were named after, but now we are more than sure we made the right choice. We feel like we have rebuilt our family"

"But don't be under any illusions, the favorite aunt is only one and it's me" Sana had arrived silently and had dark brown hair that gave the right value to her beautiful face "what are you doing there? I want a hug!"

The girls had been the first to give her what she had asked for, followed by all the others. Dahyun had specially waited to be the last to surprise the love of her life with an unforgettable kiss "you will never leave again, Minatozaki Sana"

"I'm back with this purpose, you know" she was smiling "but I still want to fight with you"

The two new mothers had made sure their lively daughters were in the arms of Mina and Chaeyoung before consenting to the two lovers to fight.

They both went read, maybe too much, and it was Dahyun who landed her girlfriend after a few seconds "you didn't fight seriously, you made me win on purpose"

"What a bummer, I'm afraid I'll have to become a vampire and live with you for eternity" Sana had never been happier since she was born "I've lost the battle, but I've won in life"

 

 

 

 


And this story is over too! Frankly, I don't feel totally satisfied, but there isn't another ending I wanted to give, so that's okay. I hope you enjoyed this rollercoaster of emotions, it was a challenge to write something different than usual and, despite everything, I'm glad I did.
Thanks to all of you who have read, it means so much to me and I hope to have your company in the next stories (I am preparing a lot of them and some will arrive very soon!), if not see you and thank you again.💚