Confessions

Fake & True

"You have to get up now or we'll be late, Professor Min wants us all to the gym in time for the bell to ring" Momo had catapulted into her best friend's room to wake her up and, if necessary, drag her out of bed.

"I don't feel like it, leave me here" the blonde was hugging a pillow, her eyes closed and the band-aid still firmly attached to her forehead "a scolding won't make me regret staying here to sleep"

"Behave like an adult which you are" she pulled her hard to herself, putting her to her feet and shaking her again "why do you have a band-aid on your forehead?"

Dahyun had managed to open her eyes to give the brunette a grim look "Mina put it on me, she claims it's visually cuter than a bloody hole"

"Kind of her, raise your arms"

The younger did as she was asked, letting herself to be undressed without problems "can I at least take a shower by myself? I can do it"

Momo's indecision was evident "only if you have breakfast properly, I don't want to know you are in danger again and you have to save all your energy"

"I won't, respect my will and my privacy and go eat whatever you want" she kissed her cheek before shutting herself in the bathroom, struggling even to get into the shower.

The other vampire just made her friend's bed, thinking of a way to make her drink blood without having to resort to force again "I could use manipulation" she said softly, taking advantage of the sound of the water to be able to express herself in words "better not, sooner or later she would find out"

After fixing both bedrooms she went to the kitchen to make a cup of milk with blood "she would be the strongest if she stopped being stupid"

"I heard you!"

"Better this way, you have to be aware of your stupidity!"

"Hirai Momo, repeat it again and I swear I'll stop being your best friend" she joined her in the kitchen to eat some chocolate "you don't have to judge my choices"

The brunette had raised both eyebrows "hypocritical of you, considering your constant insults aimed at what I eat"

Dahyun had suddenly stopped chewing, pushing the inside of her left cheek with her tongue to emphasize her disappointment "man, I can't argue"

"You can't do it because I'm right, pale face"

"Shut up, fool face"

Momo's body immediately came into contact with that of her friend, holding her firm against the table "try to repeat it if you dare"

"I won't, I know I can't compete" she gave her a nudge on her forehead "now get off me, you're not my type"

"I'm aware of that, you like a certain blonde" the older was smiling mischievously.

"Said the one who gave her favorite stress reliever to a human with a killer look"

 

 

 

 

It was cold in the gym, and if vampires didn't mind, the humans had to keep their hands in the pockets of their jackets and jump from foot to foot to keep warm. Dahyun also seemed to be cold and it did not go unnoticed in the eyes of their teacher.

"I have thought for a long time and analyzed your way of moving, therefore I have come to the conclusion that I have to divide you into two teams to have a more accurate opinion on the level of strength, speed and endurance you possess"

He had brought a white board and two black markers "we will change the teams every day, but this will help us to review the rules and to clarify the things you did not understand" to hang the object he gave a light punch to a nail, fitting it perfectly into the wall.

"Remind me never to make him angry, I don't want to be hit by someone like him" Chaeyoung hid behind Mina, with whom she had talked enough to decide not to get in the way of her decisions.

"Well girls, today's split is going to be very simple: vampire versus humans. Dahyun, you'll be part of the human team"

The blonde did her best not to show the displeasure given by that subdivision, positioning herself next to Mina to feel safer "I won't be much help, I apologize in advance"

"Don't worry, I think twenty of our clones wouldn't be enough against those three" she her back.

Momo had turned to the two purebloods "it's clear we don't have to kill them, so I wonder how you'd prefer to act"

"Dropping them to the floor could be a good solution, it would be a kind of simulation of a real defeat" Nayeon was tying her hair in a high ponytail to be more comfortable "they shouldn't feel pain this way"

"I agree, we can't use our strength. Their current level must be mediocre to have them all rallied against us" Jeongyeon was looking in Dahyun's direction "I don't know what to do with her"

The brunette was scratching her head to be able to think better "Dahyun knows she is not strong and I don't think she would be offended in case of defeat, but it will depend on how she is approached"

"I leave it to you, I take care of the dwarf and Tzuyu" the older was determined.

"I'll think of the two exalted ones, I want to make it clear who is stronger"

Momo's disappointment was evident "absolutely not, I won't go against my friends"

Nayeon patted her on the shoulder "don't be a doll and do what you were asked to, you just have to drop them to the ground to win. And then, if we want to be polite, you are the only one who knows how much force to exert on your best friend without hurting her"

"Okay, I'll fight with them" all three turned to their opponents, finding them in a typical volleyball formation.

Jihyo had rolled her trouser legs up to her knees "do you remember the plan?"

"They will have chosen to play one of them against two of us, they underestimate us to the point of wanting to ridicule us" Sana had got rid of her jacket and was stretching "let's kick their , are you ready?"

"To tell the truth I don't think I can compete with them" Dahyun had shyly raised a hand, feeling tiny in front of the human's gaze.

"Stay on the sidelines and don't slow us down, that's your job"

Mina rolled her eyes "you could be kinder, you know?"

"It won't be the sweet words and the cuddles to make her understand that she is sabotaging herself, we all know that she is not feeding as she should" she turned away from the girls positioned behind her, jerking forward as soon as the professor had told them to start.

The humans and Dahyun, as predicted by the hybrid, had been landed with ease. The only one who had been able to hold out the longest had been Sana, but despite her best efforts she hadn't been able to twist a single hair out of Jeongyeon.

Dahyun was lying on the floor to regain her energy, jerking her head up after perceiving a stronger smell than usual. She saw Jihyo bent forward to check for a wound she had on her leg, which was bleeding profusely.

"I don't understand how it happened, I just fell once" she couldn't stand up straight due to the excruciating pain.

The vampires had all set their sights on her and one of them had lunged forward to pick her up and run away at the speed of light. Momo stopped only after reaching the nurse, closing the door with her foot and placing the human on one of the beds "it was close, if I had hesitated you would have had a bite or two on the leg"

Jihyo had unkempt hair and wide eyes, as well as a fast heartbeat "you made me take a hit"

"I'm sorry, but the professor signaled me to hurry and that's what I did" she opened one of the lockers, pulling out a first aid kit.

"What are you doing? Don't tell me you want to like you do with ice cream" she had pulled her leg from the hand of the brunette who had grabbed it.

"I just want to clean your wound, what do you think I need this kit for?"

"Doesn't it bother you to see the blood flowing?" she let her do, gritting her teeth from the burning of the disinfectant.

Momo shook her head no "the temptation to feed is there, but it doesn't cause me problems and I can easily resist" her hands, however strong, were extremely delicate.

The human had stopped looking at her with hostility "you are really good"

"My father is a doctor and he taught me some basic things, putting on a bandage is not as difficult as it seems" she made a little knot to hold it in place "that's it, you're good to go. You just need to clean the wound and change the bandage, but I think that from tomorrow a simple patch will be enough"

Jihyo felt strangely relaxed "would you like to follow in your father's footsteps?"

"I wanted so much to do it, but vampires can't enroll in medical school" she closed the cabinet slowly, smiling at the girl still sitting on the bed "it doesn't matter, I just need to help those who need it to feel at peace with myself"

Those words had broken through Jihyo's heart, making her think "I lost my parents when I was ten"

"Judging by your hatred of vampires, I guess it has something to do with them. I'm so sorry"

"I would like to exterminate them all to be able to avenge myself, but this would also mean hurting you and those who do not deserve this treatment and I am aware of it"

Momo was leaning against the wall, looking in front of her "I'm flattered, but it's not for me to tell you that carrying out a massacre to avenge your parents would be useless. If you want to do it you can try, but you have to keep in mind that this kind of things have consequences"

"I will think carefully and let you know what my decision will be" she got up, being careful not to put weight on her injured leg "could you…" she didn't have time to finish the sentence that Momo had already picked her up.

"I'll take you to class, the gymnastics lesson is definitely over"

 

 

 

 

Dahyun had arranged her things on the desk, isolating herself from the rest of the class in a desperate attempt not to be noticed. However, despite her fantastic and infallible plan, her new friend had decided that she wanted to have breakfast with her, pulling up an empty chair.

"Are you okay? You made a big effort today" she handed her a fruit juice.

"Thank you" she immediately accepted the drink "Momo landed me in not even a second, I didn't have time to force myself"

Mina was smiling amused "if we want to be honest she landed me and then you, so you can feel satisfied with yourself for having resisted so long"

When the blonde was about to answer another chair was added next to that of the human "can I stay here with you?" Chaeyoung had a sandwich in one hand and a bottle of water in the other.

"Of course you can, as long as you feel comfortable having me around" Dahyun smiled faintly.

"No problem, I'm used to your presence" they ate in silence for a couple of minutes, until her curiosity decided to show "why are you so weak?"

Mina's hand reached down to pinch her roommate's thigh "she's already sad, don't spoil her mood even more"

"I wasn't judging her, I'm just curious" she whimpered like a child.

Dahyun smiled again "I'm weak because I never feed on blood, I just take a drop when I can't stand up anymore"

"Why do you do that? It is obviously making you sick" Chaeyoung was sorry.

"I belong to a type of vampire who draws on the physical and mental strength of those around and feed me regularly, in addition to making me much stronger, makes me crave for power and this pushes me to drain the energy of others all the time. I've never killed anyone as I possess a rather harmless power, but I don't even like the idea of ​​weakening others to strengthen myself"

At that point it was Mina who replied "you should look for a way to avoid the desire to draw on the strength of others, without limiting yourself and hurting yourself"

"I fully agree with her, there will surely be a way" Chaeyoung had taken a huge bite of her sandwich.

The blonde shrugged "I'd rather not risk it, it's not that bad to be almost human"

As if the universe had wanted to play a trick on her, a history book was flying in her direction, precisely at her head, at considerable speed. The scene seemed to go on in slow motion and Dahyun had resigned herself to her misfortune, until a hand had rested on her to cushion the blow.

"You're such a fake vampire, you don't even have quick reflexes" Sana still had her hand on the vampire's head, strong and delicate at the same time "those two are throwing anything at each other, you should be more careful and avoid getting hit"

Nayeon, to Jeongyeon's chagrin, was particularly keen to play target practice with her best friend, throwing everything in her hands and always missing the short-haired vampire "damn it, stay still for a second!"

"You can forget it, spoiled child"

Dahyun was looking at those two with an amused smile "thank you, if that book hit me I would have grown a huge bump" she was relaxed at the gentle touch on her head.

The human snapped her hand away, moving it with the pain she felt "be more careful next time. I'm going to get some ice"

"I keep you company" Tzuyu had stood up, accelerating her pace to be able to walk next to the blonde.

"Earth calls Dahyun" Chaeyoung snapped her fingers in front of the vampire's face "she can't hear me, she's really crushed" she whispered to Mina.

The brunette was staring at her friend, worrying a little "I hope this interest doesn't cause her more pain to handle"

 

 

 

 

"What a day full of emotions" Nayeon was rubbing her wet hair with a towel.

Jeongyeon had just entered the shower "what are you referring to in particular? A lot of things have happened"

"I enjoyed the fake fight in the gym and, even though we couldn't kill our opponents for obvious reasons it was a lot of fun. Not to mention that I had an excuse to get close to Tzuyu"

"Now I understand the reason for your laziness right after you won against her" she sounded amused.

Nayeon was smiling in front of the mirror "the smell of her blood is too inviting, maybe she likes me too and that's why I feel so attracted"

"Could be true, you know? I don't feel the same desire to bite her"

"She gives off a very sweet smell, are you sure you haven't noticed?"

Jeongyeon was soaping her hair "it's always the same as far as I'm concerned, but you know very well that the smell also depends on what we feel towards people"

"It makes perfect sense, do you remember Cassandra? I hated her and her blood smelled like a junkyard"

"How could I forget such a stench?" she had a disgusted expression on her face.

The older had the hairdryer to dry her hair more quickly, raising her voice slightly to be heard despite the noise "I would like to invite her out, do you think she would be willing to accept?"

Jeongyeon thought carefully "I don't know her and I could give you an incorrect answer, but I can tell you that if you don't try you will never know. Where would you like to take her?"

"I had thought about taking a walk in the park near the campus, there are always people and they would have no reason to be scared of me since the vampire hunters are always ready to eliminate us"

"It seems like a good idea, offer her something to eat and carry on the conversation" she ran the glass in the shower, immediately grabbing the towel to cover herself and looking at her best friend "you're all disheveled"

"I am aware of it, I was waiting for you to do my hair" she gave her an angelic smile "please, I love it when you brush my hair" to convince her she was resorting to her irresistible sweet eyes.

The brunette smiled before grabbing the brush "if our schoolmates saw how you behave within the walls of the house they would be shocked by how different you are"

"It is not my fault that I have two distinct personalities and you are not so different from me"

"I'm not bad with others, I just sit on the sidelines minding my own business"

Nayeon was looking at her through the mirror "that's why I love our bond, it's unique and special"

The other pureblood had finished brushing the older's hair "I like it a lot too"

 

 

 

 

Tzuyu was feeling particularly sociable and had decided to have dinner with the two girls from the next room. She knocked on their door shyly, patiently waiting for it to be opened.

It was Jihyo who welcomed her with a smile "judging by the envelope in your hands I would say you want to have dinner with us, I guessed it?"

"I would love to, although I feel safe in my room, I think a little company can do me good"

"Let her in!" exclaimed Sana, who had moved one of the desks to be used as a table "we won't be as comfortable as in the canteen, but at least we can eat without hearing the noise of our schoolmates"

The tallest of the three just smiled and sat down "are you sure you want to be on the edge of the bed? You're quite short and you don't seem very comfortable"

Jihyo had puffed out her cheeks in disappointment "thank you for pointing out my lack of height"

"In my opinion it's not that bad to be short, but maybe I think so because I'm very tall" she had already started eating, always with her usual elegance.

Sana agreed "I agree, even if I'm shorter than you I wouldn't mind having a few centimeters less"

"The ideal height is what you have" she said pointing to Jihyo, who had immediately stopped showing offense "as well as that of Dahyun and Momo"

Hearing those names the two roommates had stopped "now that I think about it you're right, Momo is slightly taller than me and it's not that bad. She balanced herself perfectly when she picked me up"

"She would have no problems in any case, I remind you that she is a vampire who feeds every day. Dahyun is shorter than me, but she is almost pretty" the blonde had full.

"You don't have to talk while you're chewing, I don't know how to tell you anymore!" the younger girl scolded her, so disgusted that she tossed her the napkin.

Tzuyu was looking at them with evident amusement "you are really weird, I already know that together we will have a lot of fun"