First training

Fake & True

After making sure that all of his students were in class, Professor Min handed a black bag to each of them "inside these bags there are simple black jumpsuits made up of long pants, a top and a zippered jacket in case you get cold. There are also sneakers"

Jihyo had extracted the contents and was observing it carefully, lightly tugging on the clothes to test their resistance "they are made of a very good material, I have to be honest"

"The workouts will be very hard for everyone and the principals want to make it easier for you at least as regards the comfort of the clothes, they have done everything possible to have normal but resistant suits, so as to avoid problems caused by possible injuries. This is the reason why you had to fill in a sheet with your measurements"

"What does the training consist of?" Mina was obsessed with writing the new information in a notebook with penguins on the cover and was ready to write it all down with her pen.

The man had sat down on the desk "you will have to train a lot on a physical level and for this purpose there will be tests to overcome every day, but we are also thinking of adding exercises that involve the mind in such a way as to make you humans less vulnerable"

This time it was Chaeyoung who showed interest "could you be a little clearer about that?"

"Of course, but maybe a practical demonstration would be better" he looked around, focusing his gaze on one of the vampires "Dahyun, could you make your classmates understand the subject? Just a stupid thing will be fine"

The blonde had no desire to tap into the power of manipulation, but it was one of the few things she could do despite her being very weak "okay, who wants to try?"

The only one to volunteer was Mina, who even if fearful had reached Dahyun next to the desk "what should I do?"

"First check that there is nothing on your head"

The other girl did as she was asked, not hiding her curiosity "there is nothing"

Dahyun's eyes had taken on a darker shade, making them almost black "are you really sure? I think I see a giant insect eager to pierce your skull"

The humans looked bored in front of that static, twistless scene, while the vampires were simply waiting. In Mina's mind, the image described by the girl in front of her had appeared and, immediately after having assimilated that information, she started screaming and slapping herself lightly on the head, throwing herself to the floor in fear.

She only managed to calm down thanks to Dahyun's delicate hand on her shoulder "I apologize for scaring you, but it didn't seem right making you lose your memory or whatever for a simple demonstration"

"I almost hit myself, don't scare me anymore" she got up with the help of the blonde, still scared of what she saw because of the manipulation "I really felt something moving on my head and it was horrible"

"Very well, this is what we vampires call manipulation" the man was back on his feet and was walking slowly among the desks "we are still trying to figure out how to make humans less vulnerable to this power"

Sana had crossed her legs, her gaze still directed at Mina's unkempt hair "teaching us to resist your skills could become a double-edged sword, are you aware of that?"

"The principals are aware of the risks, but they both want to be equality between the races"

"Do you agree with this initiative?" Tzuyu had spoken for the first time.

The professor had to reflect for a few seconds on that question "as you know I am half human and I think this initiative is really admirable on the part of the principals, but I would be a liar if I said I was in favor"

Jeongyeon was looking at the tallest girl in the class with hostility "none of us agree, angel faces like yours are the most unpredictable and you could use your stamina against vampires to eliminate us all"

"Jeong, I don't think you should look at her like that. She's just doing her best to understand what environment she is in" Nayeon had attached her desk to hers to take her hand "not all humans are bad"

They had all turned to her, surprised by her words she had just spoken. The humans thought it might be a strategy to win their trust and that at the right moment she would stab them in the back, while the others couldn't believe the pureblood's tranquility.

It was the teacher who interrupted that exchange of curious and accusing glances "follow me to the gym, I want to see what level you are at in order to develop suitable workouts for each of you"

 

 

 

 

The changing rooms were perfectly clean and there was not even a corner with a speck of dust, the bathrooms inside were large: they had the necessary to place the clothes in which to change and showers able to guarantee the privacy of those who used them. Another thing much appreciated by the newcomers was the division made in such a way that they did not stay with the vampires during the change of clothes.

The tracksuits they had received fit perfectly on each of them and Sana had immediately decided to tie the jacket to her waist, not at all embarrassed to show a little skin.

"You have awesome abs, can I touch?" Chaeyoung was ready to reach out, but she was stopped by the blonde.

"I don't like being touched by strangers, I'd like you to walk away"

The shorter one immediately drew back, not hiding her curiosity "if you don't let strangers approach you, does that mean you've never had ?"

Jihyo, who was taking a long sip of water, had started coughing out of control. It was Tzuyu who noticed her and patted her lightly on the back, patiently waiting for her uncontrolled coughing to cease.

"Thank you, I almost feared I would die of suffocation" she smiled kindly, before returning to focus on the scene in front of her "sorry if I intrude, but it doesn't seem like a polite question to ask, not to a person you've just met"

"I'm just curious to know, she is too beautiful and self-confident not to appreciate certain attentions"

The conversation stopped the moment Mina left the bathroom, as they were all staring at her "is something wrong? Is my hair still unkempt?"

"Your friendly demeanor with vampires, that's what's wrong" Sana was scolding her with her eyes "you can't trust them, vampires are manipulators and you just had proof of that"

Jihyo had nodded to every single word "not to mention the fact that they may lose control and cling to your throat to drain you"

"I can't contradict you, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with you. I'm an adult and I prefer to decide with my own head, not with that of others"

"Last night you told me you were afraid of them, what has changed?" Chaeyoung was the most sorry for the disagreement with her roommate.

"I realized that you can't judge a book by its cover, that's what has changed"

 

 

 

 

Only ten minutes had passed since the beginning of training and Dahyun could not take it anymore due to the weakness that had immediately assailed her: she could not, unlike the other vampires, complete the path devised by their professor, not with the required speed from the latter.

She felt heavy and her legs refused to make an effort to make her run like lightning and jump high enough to show her vampire strength.

She was relieved that her classmates were all too busy to pay any attention to her, but Professor Min's careful and disconsolate gaze hadn't missed one of her mistakes and she was deeply embarrassed. She called herself stupid "you just drank some blood and you're still weak, what a shame"

After her pitiful performance, the vampires were left free to wander around the gym while the humans were given their weapons to test their propensity for combat. There were simple stakes of varying lengths, pistols armed with wooden bullets, and modified crossbows.

"Do you trust us enough to give us weapons?" Chaeyoung was weighing every single weapon with obvious interest "some students might try to make a killing"

"They are not blessed and they cannot kill us" the man was quietly holding the wooden bullets in his hands, intent on inserting them in the pistol magazine "however be careful because you risk hurting yourself a lot"

Sana and Tzuyu were both very talented and had missed a few shots, Jihyo had good aim, Mina could not understand how to hold a gun well and Chaeyoung, taken aback by her curiosity, had loaded one of the crossbows to pose "look at me, I'm a real tough"

Tzuyu was looking at her impassively "put that weapon down or you'll hurt someone"

"It's all under control, I put the safety on, see?" to show her she was being careful she had put her fingers where she shouldn't have, setting the mechanism to work.

The stake flew around the gym at top speed, heading in the direction of Dahyun's head, who was unaware of the object that, given her weakness, could have killed her. By the time she realized it she was already too late and the only thing she could do was to close her eyes in fear.

The real impact never came and when the blonde opened her eyes she had a perfect view of the tip of the stake, as well as the warmth given by the trickle of blood from her forehead. Jeongyeon had stopped it with her hand "are you okay?"

"I'm not sure" her legs trembled and her wound burned.

"Hey dwarf" Nayeon had started charging "I understand that Dahyun is the shame of vampires, but deciding to eliminate her is not up to a human like you"

Chaeyoung had hardly swallowed, the crossbow still clutched in her hands "I-I didn't w-ant to"

"Leave her alone, it was an accident" Tzuyu had approached the two, lightly nudging the shorter "go and apologize, we don't need any more problems"

"I run!" the girl with the bobbed hair had started running in the direction of the still bleeding vampire.

Nayeon had rolled her eyes "if she tries to do it again I'll eat her for breakfast"

"It could be fun" Tzuyu had smiled for the first time since she had set foot in the school.

The vampire was delighted to look at her, feeling strongly attracted to her and the dimple on her cheek.

 

 

 

 

After classes and a long shower Sana and Jihyo were sitting on their respective beds to exchange a few words "today was even harder than yesterday, I had never worked so hard in my entire life. The burden of having vampires nearby doesn't made itself heard from how much I struggled"

The blonde was writing down some things in a notebook "it wasn't that bad"

"It's easy to say when you have a trained body" she snorted before lying down "you even have amazing abs"

"You find me y, admit it" Sana was smiling smugly, ready to show off the object of the matter.

Jihyo had made a lazy gesture with her hand to prevent her from getting rid of her shirt "you are very beautiful, but you are not my type and if you continue to pose you will only make me envious"

"You can simply train to become like me, have you ever thought about it?"

"It seems obvious to me, but we are not all as willing and free of laziness as you are"

Sana's smile had shrunk "in my family we are all like this, there is no room for anything but training and cleaning"

The younger had hugged the pillow and was turning all her attention to the blonde "are your parents severe people?"

"A lot, but they've always done a great job with me. I'm awesome and everyone wants me"

"You're talking like a vampire"

"Try repeating it if you dare" Sana had already armed herself with a pillow.

Jihyo's laughter filled the room "do you think you scare me? I've faced worse" she sat up, also ready to hit with her pillow.

They waited a few seconds before attacking each other, laughing like two little girls and falling asleep after half an hour from exhaustion, Sana perfectly covered and Jihyo hugging the pillow she had used for their little fight.

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon was trying to relax in front of the chimney, aided by a goblet of blood that she held between her fingers with extreme elegance. She was very nervous and, although she could not have the physical problems of humans, she felt pain in her shoulders, as well as a strange burning in the stomach.

She thought back to what had happened in the gym, feeling grateful for the speed with which she had managed to move to keep the stake from going through Dahyun's head. She hoped the blonde's forehead wound would heal quickly and that it wouldn't hurt too much, but she would never admit it.

"What a stubborn girl, it would be enough for her to feed half of what we do to feel good" she was sliding her finger along the edge of the glass, while staring at the dark liquid inside it "Momo will not be able to resort to the help of other people forever"

"Are you speaking to yourself?" Nayeon had joined her with a beaming smile, but the other girl hadn't been able to focus on it.

"You have a lot of pants in the closet, you should wear them every now and then"

The older smiled again before taking the glass from her hands and taking a sip "why should I? It's just me and you"

"Do what you want" she had taken the cell phone to interrupt the conversation, but Nayeon had other plans in mind and immediately took it away "what do you want? You already got hold of my snack"

"I want you, when you're so serious I always want to bite you" she was tracing a path on her bare arm with a finger "what do you think?"

Jeongyeon had removed her hand "not today"

"I thought you enjoyed having , after all you come from a family of ual vampires"

"I love it, but I don't want to do it with someone who in the meantime imagines being in the company of another person. My instincts will never be stronger than my common sense"

"You noticed"

"It's not hard to tell if the person you're having with calls someone else's name"

Nayeon had sat down on the chair in front of her friend's, looking down at her joined hands "I'm sorry, I didn't realize"

The other girl had shrugged despite her expression did not show the same emotional detachment "it's not important, I was already aware that I was living a one-way love"

"You know that I love you and that I would die for you, but I can't love you in a romantic way" her eyes conveyed sadness "I'm even more confused now"

"You fell in love with Tzuyu, it's not hard to understand" she was finally looking at her "I don't trust any of the humans in our school, but if you like her enough to send you into a crisis then I'm no one to stop you to approach her"

"Aren't you mad at me?"

"Maybe a little, but I knew from the start that ours was a friendship with benefits and it won't change anything other than the lack of "

Nayeon was smiling again "you surprise me more every day"

"I'm not immature like you, I know how to separate our friendship from " she smiled weakly "I just need you to be happy"

Not even a second passed after the end of the sentence pronounced by Jeongyeon that the other vampire was already in her arms "I love you and I hope you can be happy"

"I wish you the same, you know" she kissed her head, returning the embrace and holding her close, closing her romantic feelings in an imaginary drawer and leaving only those of friendship free.

 

 

 

 

"Why did you ask me to come here?" Dahyun was looking at the girl in front of her with curiosity "what's in that bag? Don't tell me there are weapons to kill me because I've had enough for today"

Mina shook her head with evident amusement "there is nothing dangerous, sit in front of me"

"My pants will get dirty and could get green stained by the grass"

"Don't complain and sit down, you will think about cleaning your clothes later" she had opened the bag, which was filled with medicines, bandages, plasters and other things that Dahyun had never seen before.

The blonde did what she was asked, sitting cross-legged in front of the human "are we here to do yoga? I don't like it at all and it makes me feel stupid, not relaxed"

"I didn't ask you to join me here to get you to do something you don't like" she had wet some cotton with disinfectant.

"That thing stinks terribly, everyone knows we vampires are very sensitive to smells" she pinched her nose.

Mina said nothing, just pressing the object on the vampire's wound and making sure to be gentle "it serves to disinfect the wound and avoid infections"

"Even if I'm weak and prone to getting hurt, I can't get infections, didn't you know that?" she immediately regretted what she had said, worried that she had offended her but still unable to say more.

"I know, I just wanted to take care of you" she put a little patch on the wound "that's it, now you're good to go. A patch is much nicer than a bloody hole"

Dahyun touched her forehead, smiling gratefully "I thank you and I apologize for being rude, I'm not used to these kind gestures and I never know how to behave"

"No problem, I already know that you are not a bad person" Mina was also smiling "I hope we will become friends, you make me very curious"

"You will be disappointed because I'm nothing special"

The human smiled again, although sorry "allow me to prove otherwise"