The cursed bite

Fake & True

"Okay girls, now you should tell me which of you are planning to go home for the weekend" Professor Min had papers in his hands, which were needed to allow students to leave campus for a set time.

Five of them raised their hands: Nayeon, Momo, Sana, Jihyo and Tzuyu; the other four had nowhere to return and just pretended that the situation didn't hurt them.

The man, after having handed the papers to those who would have left after the lessons, had resumed explaining the fighting techniques suitable against every type of vampire, answering every question and making sure that at the end of the hour they had understood all of them.

"Very well, enjoy the rest of the day" he was smiling kindly "see you on Tuesday, use these two days off to relax and do the things you like"

Once out of the class Jeongyeon had placed her arm on Dahyun's shoulders "how about having dinner together? This month I was thrifty and I have some high quality blood bags left over"

"As long as you make me drink from one of your most expensive glasses, I won't settle for a poor glass" she made the gesture of drinking elegantly.

"Deal, spoiled brat" she gave her a pinch before turning to the two humans who would be left at school "what are your plans for tonight? Will you join us?"

Mina hadn't hesitated to answer, showing off her dark circles "to tell the truth I'd like to go to sleep as soon as possible, I'm too tired"

"And yet I went light tonight, you are more delicate than I thought" Chaeyoung smiled despite the grim look her girlfriend gave her "I too would like to sleep, but we could arrange something to see you tomorrow. A movie marathon could be the ideal"

While the group was deciding what to do the next day, Nayeon was walking arm in arm with Tzuyu "I will miss you a lot, but I prefer to know that you are keeping your malaise under control. Even if I miss a lot, I have to admit it"

"I'm sorry if I'm too weak to even think about it" the sadness of the human was genuine "but I'll be as good as new and we can have as much fun as you want, I promise you"

"I'll wait patiently and I'll take the opportunity to keep myself busy as much as possible" she kissed her in the middle of the corridor, a gesture that has become normal for all the students who had learned to mix with each other without distinction "are we going to lunch?"

"Sure, I'm incredibly hungry. What can we eat today?"

"Anything you want" she smiled gently, pulling her close to prevent anyone from bumping into her girlfriend and hurting her.

In the classroom there was silence even though there were still three people, but this was interrupted by Sana "see you on Tuesday, behave yourself and avoid trouble"

"Are you leaving now?" Jihyo was still closing the backpack.

"In a few hours, but I asked Dahyun to be together as much as possible and I'm already late. See you!" she ran away at full speed to catch up with the blonde vampire.

Momo was stretching "at this point I'm going too, I have not yet prepared the things to bring and I would like to avoid leaving in the dark"

The human nodded, taking her backpack and reaching the brunette to walk together "I have to hurry up too, I'm going with you. My parents care a lot about punctuality and they become unbearable when someone is late"

"I can give you a lift if you want, my legs are much faster than yours"

"You're bad and I hate you, know it" despite the insult Jihyo's legs and arms were already tight around the vampire's body "tell me when you're about to leave though"

After taking Jihyo adequately so as not to drop her and without warning her as usual, Momo had started running to the maximum of her ability, letting the wind take away her laughter with every step.

Arriving in front of the entrance to the humans dormitory, as she had expected, Jihyo had slapped her on the back of the head "you are the worst friend in the world, you know that running so fast makes me nauseous and that I need to be warned before departure"

"I humbly ask for forgiveness, now disappear or I will ask you to pay as taxi drivers do"

"You would not"

"I would do it, do you want to see?"

Jihyo had rolled her eyes "I'm going, how boring you are" she moved to enter, being stopped by the light squeeze of a couple of arms.

"I'll miss you, I love you even though we realized we didn't want to be together"

"I love you too" she had returned the squeeze, appreciating that hug much more than those they had previously given to each other "see you soon, stupid face"

"Sure, human lacking in elegance"

They did the middle finger at the same time  before turning away and getting ready.

 

 

 

 


Night had fallen and Chaeyoung had felt the urge to stroll around the dormitory to stimulate sleep. Cold air seeped under her light pajamas, making her shiver with every step "maybe I should have worn something heavier, it's not so hot at night"

She had accelerated her pace in a desperate attempt to finish quickly and return to warm up next to her girlfriend, who had already been sleeping for more than an hour "I hope she won't kick me out, I really want to use her as a stove and I'm ready to fight to get what I want"

The cold seemed to increase with each step and the lopsided girth she was making around the dorm seemed to never end, forcing her to stop and look around. She felt observed and, even though she would never admit it to herself, she was afraid even though she knew how to defend herself perfectly.

She decided to ignore it, doing her best to walk smoothly and not look too much around her. There was no noise and for that very reason her anxiety had increased dramatically, leading her to stop again to look for whoever was following her.

"Come out, it's useless to keep following someone who has noticed your presence" she patted her imaginary back, congratulating herself on keeping her voice steady.

There was no answer and the girl had decided to run, headed for the entrance to the dormitory and the safest place that could have housed her.

She couldn't get there due to a strong push that rolled her across the wet lawn. The impact with the ground had been so strong it broke her shoulder, but she couldn't scream because one hand had covered .

He was a vampire with red eyes, so being one of the most dangerous and out of control type of all "you can't scream, you'll wake up people who are sleeping and it would be very rude of you" he was laughing to the point of jerking.

Chaeyoung's face was streaked with tears, so much was the pain and fear she was feeling. She tried to kick several times to push the vampire away, but he hadn't moved an inch.

"Honey, don't you know it's rude to kick someone who wants to give you his affection?" he his lips repeatedly, stopping when his fangs had reached their maximum length "let me give you a new life, it won't hurt so much"

He ran through the visible vein on the left side of the girl's neck, first with the fingers of his free hand and then with his tongue, savoring the pleasure of waiting "I'm so hungry and I hope you don't mind being deprived of almost all your blood, but I'll give you something in exchange much more precious than your life as a poor human"

His fangs forcefully entered the girl's neck; the man had his hand pressed firmly against and kept his word: the vampires eager to transform humans were able to release, through the canines, two small drops of a transparent liquid which would then travel throughout the body of the human chosen by changing it forever.

After feeding his fill he was staring at his victim with fake displeasure "don't complain, it's not that bad" he gave her a light kick in the side to make sure she was still alive, disappearing into the dark without looking back.

Chaeyoung's body was like on fire, causing her to writhe and sweat like she had never done before and making her cry. However, she managed to force herself to take the cell phone she had in her pajama pocket, pressing with the little strength she had left on her first contact in the 'recent calls'.

She waited for a few seconds that seemed to never end, inhaling deeply after hearing Jeongyeon's menacing voice.

"Why are you calling me at this hour? If it's a joke I swear I'll kick your "

"Jeong.. a.. vampire" she coughed hard, putting her hands to "I'm.. dying"

The pureblood had jumped out of her bedroom window barefoot, headed for the dormitory "tell me where you are. Chae, talk to me!" she ran as fast as light, freezing in front of the still body of her friend.

She had immediately noticed the deep holes in the human's neck, as well as her broken shoulder. She took her gently into her arms, carefully watching the bite and cursing under her breath.

"Chae, I know you're suffering like never in your life, but it will all be over soon. I promise you" she gave her a light kiss on the forehead, noticing the evident change in her skin, which was already smoother and shinier "I'm not leaving you, okay? You're not alone"

She picked up her cell phone, waiting patiently for an answer "Dahyun"

"Did I forget something at your apartment?"

"You have to come close to the human dormitory, right away. Bring two bags of blood"

The blonde was already out of bed "did we drink enough to run out of supplies?"

"They are not for me, they are for Chae"

Dahyun had stopped at the front door, incredulous "what are you saying?"

"A vampire bit her and we need that blood to avoid a massacre. Hurry up" the last word came out like a lament and it was that which prompted the blonde to run to them.

The shock of seeing their friend in that state had left them speechless, but they were both ready to block her after reaching the end of her transformation. Dahyun opened the blood bag with her teeth, positioning herself in front of her no more human friend "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry"

Jeongyeon had squeezed her with all her strength to keep her from escaping, not letting go even when the shorter girl's feet had carved furrows in the ground "do it or we won't be able to keep her at bay"

They forced her to drink from both bags to the last drop of her blood, waiting for her to calm down in their arms.

Chaeyoung wiped with her hand, looking in horror at the red-stained pajamas and throwing herself to the ground to cry. Her friends had remained with her all the time, allowing her to see her girlfriend, albeit from a distance, to give her a modicum of serenity.

Mina had not been afraid even for a second and had approached the person she loved without thinking twice, gently wiping her face and crying with her.

"It will be okay, you will learn to live like a vampire in no time" they had told more than once.

They wanted to warn the other girls in their group, but Chaeyoung had asked them not to because she didn't want to ruin the weekend for all her friends, but accepted the help of those who had witnessed her birth as a vampire.

 

 

 

 

The next evening Momo was taking a walk downtown to clear her head, stopping in front of a vampire bar "maybe I shouldn't drink, but who knows when I'll have the chance to taste some good cocktails again"

Those words convinced her to enter, looking around to get used to the place: the predominant colors were black and red and customers could choose to consume their drinks sitting at secluded, more central tables or at the counter.

The brunette didn't want to be alone at a table and she decided to go sit at the counter, startled slightly at hearing her name and turning to the voice of the person sitting on the stool next to her.

Nayeon smiled for a couple of seconds before emptying the glass she was holding in one gulp "the world is really small, we live in the same area and we didn't know"

"You too have come to drown sorrows in blood mixed with alcohol?"

"I haven't had for several days and I'm not a bully anymore, I'll have to let off steam somehow" she raised her hand to be noticed by the bartender "two more please"

Momo was looking at her with concern "you just finished one, I don't think it's worth drinking two more"

"How stupid you are, one is for you" she snapped her tongue, tapping her nails on the counter "what's troubling you? You're very thoughtful lately"

"Honestly? I don't have the slightest idea, sometimes I feel like I'm not myself and I happen to turn off for a few hours. This is one of those moments and I guess it's the cause of my presence here"

Nayeon nodded slowly "maybe I understand what you're talking about, sometimes it happens to me too and often I don't even remember what I said or did. Is that the same for you?"

"More or less, I don't forget things but mood swings are there. Do you think they mean anything?"

Their drinks arrived at that moment, giving the pureblood time to think of an adequate answer "maybe we are all tired of living in terror of being killed without mercy, we are accumulating a lot of stress and this certainly affects our ways"

Momo took a long sip, basking in the pungent but sweet taste of the liquid in her glass "you're definitely right, but I can't help but feel upset more than usual. Not knowing what we are going to encounter keeps me awake at night and the thought of not being able to protect you all makes me feel useless" 

"Before you think about others you should think about yourself, I tell you as a friend. I also care about all of you and I would love to know you are safe, but I know that this is not up to me and the only thing I can do is continue to live with the knowledge that everything I'm used to can change in a second. It makes me feel bad, I don't deny it, but at least it prevents me from going crazy"

"Have you always been this mature or isn't the person I'm talking to Im Nayeon?" the hybrid hadn't been able to hide her surprise.

"I've always been like this and I know it seems absurd, I'm not as bad as I wanted you to believe. Let's say that being a bully has helped me not to get attached to too many people, let's put it this way"

"So you always loved Dahyun?"

Nayeon had smiled almost imperceptibly "are you asking me if I love that no-more-fake-vampire? Absolutely not"

"Liar, you're smiling" Momo had emulated her expression.

"I admit I bullied her more than the others because I wanted to spur her to feed herself to have enough strength to kick my , are you happy now?"

The brunette nodded enthusiastically "you are a softie, I would never have said that"

"Can I make you an indecent proposal?" she asked after half an hour of silence spent drinking.

"What proposal would you like to make me?"

Nayeon had approached her to talk near her ear "I have a crazy desire to have right now"

"With me?"

"Just with you, I've never been with a hybrid and it might be interesting to taste your blood" she had moved her gaze to her neck.

Momo was visibly interested "I remind you that I am only a third human"

"This makes you even more interesting. I'll leave you here to think, but if you feel like having fun you will find me at the hotel opposite, I'll stay in room twenty-nine"

The pureblood left some cash on the counter before walking confidently off, making sure to stop by the glass door to wink at the brunette.

"Now what do I do? I want to go there, but she has a girlfriend" she had put her hands in her hair "maybe there are no problems since Nayeon has proposed to me to spend the night together, maybe they have an open relationship"

"If you stay here and talk alone tonight neither of you will have fun" the bartender was taking the empty glasses "life, however long it may be, is a dear to me and you should take advantage of it while you can"

"You're right, better turn off the brain for once" she ran out of the bar, bracing herself all the way to her classmate's room. She found the door ajar, a clear sign that the pureblood knew what the final decision would be.

She entered without hesitation, surprised at the speed with which Nayeon's lips had captured hers in a passionate kiss "I knew you would join me" she whispered between kisses.

Momo realized why Jeongyeon had been so addicted to the attentions of her best friend, finding herself wanting more and more "I didn't want to waste this golden opportunity"

"You will not regret it" she took off her sweatshirt, taking some time to observe the perfect body of the hybrid, touching every uncovered point before dwelling on her neck "can I? You know how it works, it is from the bite that the descent towards pleasure begins"

"Sure you can, I don't know what it's like to get bitten and I'm curious" Momo was no longer in her skin and was happy with Nayeon's immediate reaction. She felt a slight discomfort at first, but was quickly replaced by sensations she had never experienced before, sensations so overwhelming that it prompted her to ask Nayeon to give her more bites during their night together.