Chapter 5: The Root of Our Problems

Just Another Toy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The wasted Chen finally came back home at 5 AM. Liquors at the new place were awful, but Chen did not have other options because his usual place was occupied by Kyungsoo. The longer he stayed near that owl-eyed man, the more obvious it became that there was something wrong with his and Baekhyun’s life right after ‘that night’.

It was hard for him to remember the right combination of code numbers for his door apartment. He was trying for the fifth attempt when suddenly a harsh blow flew right onto his left side abdomen.

After the sudden blow, Chen was left paralyzed on the floor in a fetal position while desperately trying to breathe as hard as he could.

Tap… tap… tap…

Someone crouched right beside his head. The man’s shoes were very recognizable. They belonged to Kim Jongin, his boss and Baekhyun’s lovers.

Chen has not recovered from his previous state when suddenly Jongin already pulled his hair mercilessly. As soon as he met his boss's eyes, Chen sobered up.

“Still in the mood for a party, you blockhead?!” Jongin carelessly pushed Chen’s head onto the wall behind.

Chen got no chance to save his head. However, he could not show his fear in front of this evil being because he was not in the wrong here. Jongin was.

In the end, Chen stared murderously at Jongin.

“What’s with that look?!” Jongin tried to slap Chen, but his hand stop mid-air because of what came out of Chen’s mouth.

“No matter if you beat me into a pulp or decapitate me, the truth will still be there. You’re in the wrong, Kim Jongin… or whatever your name is,” Chen pushed himself to stand up on his, in fact, wobbly legs. “The fact that Byun Baekhyun becomes like this. You’re responsible for that. Remember.”

With victory in his hand, Chen dragged his feet to the front of his apartment door. Without many struggles like before, Chen could leisurely come inside of his room.

Right after the door has been shut, Chen’s legs gave up. Leaving him to sit helplessly behind the door while trying to catch any movement from outside, in case Jongin realized something and decide to kick open this door.

Thankfully, he now could afford to live in a penthouse apartment. This privilege made him the sole being who lived on this floor.

Tap… tap… tap… Went farther and farther until it has gone by the end of the hallway.

At first, Chen thought that he finally could breathe freely, oh how wrong he was. The sound of footsteps was replaced by the sound of his phone notification.

It was a short message: “You better fix this or go back to where you belong.”

DAMN!

***

“Maybe I have really become dull after the accident,” mumbled Baekhyun when out of nowhere, Sera put her face on Baekhyun’s lifeless left shoulder.

“What’s wrong, mate?” Sera tried to steal a glance at Baekhyun’s computer screen, but her sight was not fast enough to catch any error there. It was just a blank desktop screen.

The working hour was almost finished and yet, Baekhyun has not made any progress.

“Dude, are you even can open the right program?” Sera was not trying to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter