Chapter 13: The Past Pt. 3

Just Another Toy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol’s POV

Baekhyun has a twin sibling? That is new for me.

I am lost in my own thought until I do not realize the presence of my Dad in the living room.

“You keep mumbling since you open the front door until now you’re sitting before me. What are you thinking about, son?” Now I finally realized his presence.

Dad is a very successful businessman, so I rarely seen him at home since I was still a child. However, since he has gained knowledge about my relationship with Baekhyun, he often comes home no matter how late the time is.

I once asked him why he did that and he gave me an unexpected answer. He said he did not trust me, so he wanted to keep Baekhyun ‘safe’.

What he thought was safe was to not tire Baekhyun out in bed.

Oh, how I want to tell him now that we have only done ‘it’ once and it was accidental. No cuddling or any sweet moments after we have slept together. Baekhyun really knows how to ruin my imagination.

I also want to tell my Dad that now our relationship is over. At least, Baekhyun thinks so.

“I just meet Baekhyun’s twin sibling.”

“He has a twin sibling. Okay.” Dad is still busy typing in his notebook.

“His twin sibling is a girl.”

“Uh-huh… I’m wondering why don’t you date the female instead of the male version, son?” Dad is still busy with his notebook and documents, scattered on the table.

Maybe Dad is only joking, but I suddenly feel angry with how easily he asked me something like that.

“Well, Appa. FYI, we’re already broken up now. So you must have felt grateful that your son has finally become normal again!” I ended my words with a slightly higher tone to show how angry and desperate I am right now.

I should not have done that because after all, what makes me crazy like this is none other than Byun Baekhyun and not my Dad.

And then, I leave the living room, head straight to my bedroom, and slam the door shut behind me like I am a teenager in love who has just broken up with his first love. Well, that is right. Baekhyun is the first guy who has successfully stolen my heart.

So how can you throw away my heart like it’s no better than mere trash, Baekkie?

The next morning, I do not find my Dad. There is only a piece of post-it note sticks on the dining table.

“Appa feels sorry about your breakup, son.” That is what is written on the post-it note. Maybe he was in a hurry when he wrote this because his writing looks messier than usual.

“You’ve woken up, Doryeonim?” I only nod my head to answer him.

“Please take a seat. I’m heating up the porridge and it will be ready at any minute.” Again, I nod and take a seat.

Inside my head, I am thinking about my breakup with Baekhyun and my regret about what I did to my Dad the night before. At first, I wanted to say sorry to my Dad when we had our breakfast together. However, who ever wondered that Dad would be gone when I had just woken up from my nightmare?

“Where’s Appa?”

“In a meeting.” Mr. Liem, my Dad’s secretary, answered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter