Chapter 16: A Missing Person

Just Another Toy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a remote park on the outskirts of Seoul, a black sedan pulled over by a dark and quiet lake. A man wearing a black jumpsuit with a black cap on top of his head, a black mask covering his face and a pair of black latex gloves, quickly left his seat behind the steering wheel to grab something out of the trunk.

Before opening the trunk, the man looked around to make sure that no one was present to witness a crime that he was about to commit. After detecting no passerby near that remote area, the man hurriedly continued his business. With a hassle, he finally successfully dragged out a big black bag out of his trunk and dragged it with difficulty towards the lake.

Once his black boots had already touched the freezing water of the lake, the man stopped dragging the big bag. He squatted down and opened the bag which already started to get soaked like his plastic boots.

Inside the bag, we could see a terrified Baekha in a sorry state. Her face was covered with bruises, swollen left eyes, and a piece of black duct tape plastered on her trembling mouth. She wore no clothes, but from her chest to her calf, it was all plastered with similar duct tape.

Sensing how her life would soon end, Baekha with a horrified look, tried to plead with the man to save her. However, it was no use. The man lifted his right index finger and placed it in front of his mask where his mouth should be covered behind it. It was a sign of making sure that Baekha would shut even in the afterlife. And then, the man mercilessly zipped up the bag.

Right before the bag got all drowned, the man could hear a muffled scream from inside the bag. He smiled behind the mask while enjoying seeing the bag slowly but surely get drowned thanks to the accumulative rocks in the bag.

After completing his task, the man jumped back into the car. From behind, another man asked him a question, “How is everything?”

After tearing off his mask, the man who had just committed a horrible murder turned and looked to the back passenger seat. “Everything’s good, Hwejangnim.” And he completed his answer with a sinister smile. The smile looked even scarier for the glistening murderous intention glistened in his pair of almond-shaped eyes.

“Great. I know I can trust you more than I trust my own flesh. You’ll be well compensated for this. Now let’s head back to the office.”

“Yes, Sir.” While whistling, the man started the engine and left behind the quiet place where soon enough would become a crime scene.

***

“We’ve arrived. Now get out,” Chen said. He sighed heavily while still gripping the steering wheel as hard as he could to transfer the anger that h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter