Chapter 10: The End

Just Another Toy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We won’t have a happy ending…”

“No… I’m begging you. Please, Baekkie. Please…”

“You and I, we aren’t meant to be together. I’m sorry, Yeollie.”

Ah!

Baekhyun opened his eyes. His forehead was drenched in sweat. He looked around and realized that he was not at the office anymore. Instead, he was now on one of the beds of an emergency room.

On Baekhyun’s left side, there was a person who rested his head on the bed, while his hand clasping Baekhyun’s pale hand.

Baekhyun did not have to see the man’s face first to know who accompanied him at the emergency room now. Just by seeing the top of this man’s head, Baekhyun could identify that the man was none other than his lover, Kai.

He wiggled his hand a bit, trying not to wake Kai up, but on the other hand, he wanted to free his hand because the tip of it started to get a little antsy. However, the soft movement instantly awoke Kai.

“Hey, Babe. How are you?” Kai had not even opened his eyes yet. What matter the most to him now was how Baekhyun was doing and hopefully, Baekhyun would not ask about what happened after he passed out and awoke on a bed in an emergency room.

“I’m fine, just a bit dizzy and nauseous.” Baekhyun touched his forehead and gritted his teeth. The truth was, it was like his head was hammered from the left and right sides. However, he did not want to make Kai worried about him because he knew that his lover had something more important to do than accompanied him at the hospital.

So how could Baekhyun have this kind of thought?

Cause no matter what happened, Kai was rarely there in his life. Be it when he opened his eyes for the first time after ‘the incident’ which he could not remember until now, when he was sad because university life was so hard for him, or when he felt that their apartment which was supposed to be their love nest was too lonely. As time went by, it was getting harder and harder to see Kai.

“Lemme get the doctor for you.” Kai was about to leave his seat, but Baekhyun pulled his hand.

With a questioning look, Kai came back to his seat. “What’s the matter, Baekkie?”

“No, uhm… it just…” Baekhyun wanted to tell Kai to go back to his work. However, there was something else that stuck in his heart. Something about Kim Jongin.

Seeing Baekhyun’s troubled look, Kai gave him a handsome smile while massaging his hand softly. “Just tell me what you got inside your head, Baekkie.”

Baekhyun bit his lower lip. He was once again reminded of what Chanyeol had said to him and showed him before he passed out.

“It just… Do you know who is Kim Jong…” RING! RING! RING!

“Wait, Baekkie. I need to take this call. It’s my father.” And then Kai quickly left.

A thousand lies

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter