Way Way Back II

There’s a Place for Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy’s POV

We arrived home at 5 in the afternoon. As soon as we entered the door to the living room, I let myself sink in the couch because of exhaustion. Seulgi followed and sat on the sofa beside me while Joohyun unnie directly went to the kitchen. I don’t have any idea as to where the other two were but I guess they went upstairs to their room already.

“By the way Seul, Thanks for the bubble tea a while ago.” I thanked the taller girl, who was scrolling through her phone.

“Yeah. Sure.” She replied without much care.

“Hey Seul.” I whispered, so no one could hear me. “I’m thinking about confessing.” I continued.

The girl I was talking to immediately put her phone aside and slid closer towards me evidently interested in what I have to say.

“Really? Why did you think of confessing?” Seulgi said in her normal voice.

“Who’s confessing unnie?” A high pitch voice startled us from behind which made us look back.

“Ohhh. Who are you confessing to unnie?” the tall girl smirked at me naughtily.

“How long have you two been standing there?” I nervously asked the two.

“Well long enough to know that you’re confessing to someone.” The maknae said as she smirks.

“You’re creeping me out with your smirks. Please stop that.” I told the two. “No one’s confessing. Okay?”

“You know if you need tips, you should ask us. We’re experts.” Joy said as she joined us on the couch.

“Really Joy?” I asked with a sarcastic tone.

“Well, I have some experience on that area.” She answered. “Why? Have you ever tried confessing to someone?” She added provocatively.

“Actually, I have.” I told them honestly. “It was back when we were still preparing to debut.” I elaborated.

“WOAH!” the three spurred in unison.

“What happened after?” Seulgi asked showing her full interest.

“Well, it simply didn’t go the way I expected.” I said. “I’m pretty sure the person got spooked out, so I turned the confession into a joke.”

There was silence after that. I don’t know if they’re still processing it inside their minds, but I wasn’t lying. I didn’t explained further though, since it will become too much to handle. I have gathered up my courage in the past to confess to a person but chickened out in the middle.

 

September 2013

“You two make a really cute couple.” An old man who appears to be the owner of the bike rental place uttered.

The statement made me flustered, but I made sure to keep my cool because I was face to face with Joohyun unnie, making sure her helmet is fixed properly on her head.

“We-we’re not really a couple.” I answered the man as I looked at the older girl’s reaction.

I noticed she was quiet and that she didn’t like the idea of it so I just laughed it off.

As we were riding the bike, she slipped a sudden question that threw me off balance.

“The idea of you and I, you know, as a couple. Do you hate it? The girl asked.

“W-what? I don’t quite understand.” I got flustered and didn’t know what to say to her, so I pretended that I didn’t understand. My feet that were pedaling started to wobble. Luckily, I successfully lead the bike on the side of the cycling lane.

I was out of my mind when I stood from where I was sitting and moved closer to her then touched her cheeks and looked her in the eyes. I ceased the moment.

“I would love to have you as a girlfriend.” That was my confession. I gathered up my courage to say those words to her. This was the moment, but I noticed she didn’t say a thing. That made me think she was spooked out by the sudden confession, so I chickened out and added “If I was a guy, of course.” What a wimp.

 

I remembered looking for a tteokbokki stand around the area just to give it to her. I think I burned a lot of carbs that day running around, asking people where I could find some. I just told her I found it near the store, so she won’t worry.

I didn’t want the night to end. Talking to her was a therapy. There were many things we had in common.

“Have you ever bee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter