Way Way Back III

There’s a Place for Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy's POV


"Hey there. Are you ready to go out?" A guy spoke.

"Oh! It's Bogum oppa!" Yeri uttered in thrill.

"Bogum oppa." Seulgi waved at bogum hesitatingly as she looked at me.

"Hi guys! You wouldn't mind if I take your unnie for a date, right?" The guy smiled making little crescents in his eyes.

"Take her! She's all yours." Joy squealed who's obviously romantically excited.

"I'll be out for a while guys." Joohyun unnie conveyed to us while giving an embarrased smile. "And try not to burn the house." She added as she waved goodbye.

I was just sitting there looking at the door closing, framing a scene with a guy holding a girl's hand. This is a scene I often watched everytime the guy dating Joohyun unnie would pick her up. I would lie if I said it didn't hurt but I knew damn well this was always gonna happen. I've made my peace with that. I think.

"They're so cute!" The maknae shrieked while patting Seulgi's shoulders.

"Owwww." The girl exclaimed. "Why do you always act like it's the first time Bogum oppa picked her up?" She added.

"How many years has it been?" Joy asked.

"Probably about 3 years already." I answered.

Of course, I knew. It's been three years since they started dating. I was ready to confess to her that time but circumstances didn't allow me. That or maybe I got scared again.

June 2015

"Are we okay?" A warm voice filled the quiet air inside the moving car. 
"Eric oppa, I need to be honest with you." I held the guy's hand that was holding the gear lever.

The guy pulled over so we could talk better. I couldn't believe I broke a good man's heart but it wouldn't be fair for him if I didn't love him. I liked him but I couldn't imagine a future with him. We had a good run but i had to do it. We both didn't regret giving it a try though. He took it well and in the end, it became a mutual decision. I'm just thankful that we remained good friends.

You might be wondering why I broke up with him. Well, it's because I still couldn't forget her. I thought hiding my feelings from her would just make me forget her. It turns out, they just grew stronger.

The morning after I broke up with my boyfriend, I was ready to tell her. I was going to take a leap of faith but my legs wobbled when I was already at the edge.

"Wendy! Have you read the headlines?" Seulgi, who was seate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter