Bullseye

There’s a Place for Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's POV

We got to the venue wearing our black yoga pants and loose gray dry fit shirts. As a participant for the archery contest, I was nervous and that time I was creating so many situations in my head that I might have appeared oblivious in the eyes of the people around me. Every tick of the clock just gets me closer and closer to the said contest and the time finally came.

I was shooting arrows just like how we have trained before except now, I'm in front of many idols and fans. As I shoot the arrows, the tension from the scoreboards increases until I was getting ready to shoot my last arrow, Well, I did my best, but even though I get the bullseye we still won't win so  it. Still, it must feel nice to get it even just for once. I wanted to make my team proud even just for this.

The moment the arrow hit the target, I hear the people screaming wildly, the audience stood from their seats as I watched the technical officials check it. As soon as the referee signaled that I hit the bullseye, everyone clapped and cheered for us and I was on high, even our opponent congratulated us.

People were crowding around me but strangely there was someone in the crowd I was looking for, That's really strange of me. It's like I wanted to ask this person if I made her proud. I hope she was looking at me when I did that. 

Just then, a person hugged me. As she broke the hug, the person placed both of her hands on my cheeks and then I realized s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter