Way Way Back I

There’s a Place for Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys! I hope you had fun reading the previous chapters. Sorry for the typographical and grammatical errors. I really haven’t proof read them before posting since I’m enjoying this new found passion of mine which is writing. I’m not a writer and I only do this for fun, still I hope you enjoy! 😊

 

 

Irene’s POV

I was just lying awake in my bed thinking about why it all came back. Why now? I tossed and turned trying to make sense of what’s happening to me. I thought it was all gone but why are the moments all coming back to me? Why does she do all these things to me then leave me hanging?

September 2013

“I can’t believe we’re already preparing to make our debut!” The maknae unbelievingly said. “After all of the mirrors we cleaned, cheeseburgers we ate-

“Jokbal!” Seulgi chimed in.

“-choreographies we learned-“The younger girl continued.

“-spray bottles you threw-“ I added leaving little giggles while the other three eyed Wendy while squealing and clapping their hands together like a seal. Well I’m not letting them have all the fun. I too had to in.

“You really had to mention that huh?” Wendy turned her head towards me. She probably got annoyed with my remark. “Okay, okay. That’s enough laughing for today guys.” She added.

“Don’t spoil the fun Seungwan Unnie!” Joy replied. “Oh! By the way are you guys going to your hometown for Chuseok?” The tallest girl among the group asked.

“I’m going home tomorrow.” Seulgi answered.

“Same! How about you?” Yeri replied and addressed a question to Joy.

“I’m going home tomorrow morning.” Joy answered. “How about you two?”

“Oh. I-I can’t really go home to my family since it’s too far and ticket’s quite expensive.” Wendy stated sadly. “It’s more practical if you know, I stay.”

“Oh.” The only word Joy, who felt bad for the girl, could reply to the older one.

“But don’t worry about me guys! I’ll be fine here. I’ll just clean the dorm.” She giggled to reassure us.

I’m a girl who don’t really have to care about these things, but my guts tell me I must do something.

“Irene unnie?” Joy called my attention since I think I was staring blankly at space that time.

“What?” I answered as I looked at the tall girl.

"Are you going home tomorrow too?" She asked again to make the question clearer for me.

“I’ll probably stay here since my mom already visited me yesterday.” I answered but I wasn’t lying though my mom really visited me yesterday and...Wait. Why am I being so defensive? So going back to the topic, yep, I chose to stay with Wendy.

“That’s great unnie!” Wendy happily said. “We could go camping at Han River!” She looked at me with a hopeful face.

“That’s not a bad idea.” I answered as I smiled at her.

“Well, I hope you have fun… Without us…” Yeri said probably guilt-tripping us because of planning our own getaway.

“We should probably go in now, it’s starting to get cold and it’s getting late.” Seulgi suggested.

The five of us still shared a 1 bedroom unit with a balcony that time so we slept inside a room with five twin-sized beds. That night I couldn’t sleep a wink. I mean what was going on inside my head? Why did I say I’m staying. I must be crazy. Do I really want to stay next to her that bad? Help me.

 

The next morning, I woke up late and found 4 empty beds. The three probably went their own ways already. As I got out of bed, I smelled something appetizing and I saw someone preparing the table.

“Good morning, Joohyun unnie.” The girl with a pretty smile greeted me. “I cooked something for us. Come have a seat. Let’s eat together.” She invited.

“By the way, the other three already left, said they don’t wanna bother you from your dream.” She giggled. “I heard you say tteokbokki in your sleep though.” She eyed me and snorted.

I looked her dead in my eyes.

“Don’t worry we’ll look for tteokbokki when we go for camping later.” She added while giggling.

 

After we have arrived at the campsite, we set up our own tent which was good for two people then she invited me to ride bikes.

“Unnie! What do you say we ride a bike?” She said.

“I-I really don’t know how to ride a bike.” I answered timidly.

“Oh is that so? We’ll just get a couple bike then. You know the one with two seats aligned with each othe-”

"I know what a couple bicycle looks like. I'm not an idiot." I answered her in jest just to cover up my disc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter