Chapter 14

Save Your Tears.

 

Chapter 14

 

Taeyeon sits there while looking over to Jessica. It has been a day and she has yet to regain consciousness. The sight of the green-colored cast on her right arm made Taeyeon sighing quietly. Last night, both her and Seulgi waited at the emergency hall. When the doctor stepped out with the nurses, they immediately approached him.

 

“How is she, Doc?” Taeyeon was the first to asked.

 

He gave a gentle smile to relieve their anxiousness. “Ms. Jung is in a stable condition. Her head is injured but it wasn’t severe. Thankfully, she didn’t suffer any concussion. However, Ms. Jung did break her right arm. It would take six to eight weeks to heal. Other than that, she’s completely fine.” He explained.

 

Taeyeon and Seulgi felt they could finally breathe (properly). They both smiled at the good news. The doctor informed that Jessica’s health is not in the best condition. She was below the average weight and she had overworked herself. He recommended that she should take a break to rest before resuming her idol’s activities.

 

The doctor bowed and left. The nurses get busy with transferring Jessica to an appropriate ward. Taeyeon saw a glimpse of her silhouette in the room. Guilt creep inside of her. Seulgi saw the expression and patted her back. Taeyeon turned to her. “Come on, let’s get some coffee. She’ll be fine.” The manager reassuringly smiled. Taeyeon felt hesitant. She wanted to stay by Jessica’s side but she knew she needed to calm herself down first.

 

The machine made a low sound as it poured out the hot coffee into the red-Styrofoam cup. Seulgi carefully took it into her hand and headed to the bench where Taeyeon was sitting. “Here.” She gave one to the older woman. Taeyeon silently thanked her with a head-bow. The two sat next to each other; sipping the warm, sweetened coffees.

 

“I’m glad you’ve decided to come back.” Seulgi spoke. “She really misses you.”

 

Taeyeon wanted to smile but she could not. She felt foolish. She had left Jessica despite knowing it was never her fault. She is an idol who just launched her career. She had a history that she was afraid to be in love. Yet, Taeyeon followed her selfishness. “I hurt her a lot.” She sadly talked. Her voice wavered.

 

Seulgi inhaled deeply. “You were both hurt. You have different lives. It’s hard even if you love each other.” She drank the last bit of coffee and put the cup down. “But you deserved a chance to make up, whether as friends or…more than that.” She smiled.

 

“You think that’s possible?” Taeyeon chuckled bitterly.

 

“I think so.” Seulgi went to reached Taeyeon’s hand. “I’d like to ask for a favor.” The older woman looked at her. “I want you…to take her with you.”

 

**

 

“I don’t think it was an accident. Summer must be behind this. She never hesitates to hit Jessica. There’s no doubt she’ll do something like this too. I’m scared she’ll hurt Jessica again. So, I begged you. Take Jessica with you until she gets well again.

 

Those were Seulgi’s words. It seems her hunch was right. Shortly after the news came out, Summer suddenly went back to her home-town for. The company announced that she was traumatized by the incident and the group’s whole activities will be halt. The CEO is trying to cover up her crimes.

 

Taeyeon is pisses off, of course. She wanted to track down Summer and just give her the beating she deserves. But she needs to stay calm. If she follows her anger again, she may cause more troubles for Jessica. That is the last thing she wanted. As Taeyeon is busy with her own thoughts, there is a gentle knock at the door. She turns to the side to see it was Tiffany.

 

“Hello.” Tiffany politely bowed. She’d make sure that she does not crush the flowers in her hand. Taeyeon stood up to return the greet. “I…um, your friends are here. They’re outside.” Tiffany informed while pointing at the door.

 

Taeyeon is slightly hesitant but nodded anyways. She is about to walk out when Tiffany halts her by the arm. She gives a smile. “Thank you for coming back.” Taeyeon exchanges a smile too before heading outside; leaving Tiffany to watch over Jessica. She goes through the hall in silence. Her heart is feeling anxious. She wonders, what will those trio say to her after what had happened.

 

Taeyeon stops when she sees the three familiar women standing not far away from her. She gulps nervously. Despite feeling scared, she has to face them. With heavy steps, Taeyeon goes towards the trio. Sunny is the first one to notices her. Hyoyeon and Yuri turn to their side to look at Taeyeon who seemed to be pacing slowly at their direction. Her head remains low; not daring meeting their eyes.

 

When the four got closer, none of them say a word. Taeyeon could not bring herself to speak up. She is expecting the curses and scolds, at least. Even a beating too. Instead of those, Hyoyeon embraces her firmly.

 

“You ! You got us so worried. You know that!” Her cousin sobbed rather loudly. Taeyeon is taken aback but soon returns the hug. She shut her eyes tightly, letting herself drown in Hyoyeon’s arms. Yuri smiles and hugs the two. Sunny simply laughs when she got drags into the group-hug too. The four stay like that for a while. They tear up but not as much as Hyoyeon.

 

“You look…terrible.” Yuri commented on Taeyeon’s current appearance. They are currently at the hospital’s cafeteria. Taeyeon just chuckles at her words. She does look horrible. She had been sweating crazily after sprinting to the hospital. She smelled bad and her hair is in a tangled mess. She never left the hospital. Jessica could wake up anytime soon. She just wanted to make sure she will be there when it happens.

 

“You ran all the way to the hospital?” Hyoyeon felt disbelief. It is not like Hyeri’s apartment is close to the place. Taeyeon is not a runner nor she is good at sports entirely. In fact, the woman hated exercising. She has that body of hers’ because of her small appetites.

 

“You do know…you have a car, right?” Sunny said. It takes a minute before Taeyeon finally remembers that she drove to Hyeri’s. She curses silently at herself while the others laugh.

 

A great drama scene.” Yuri wiped the tears of joy from the corner of her eye. Hyoyeon takes out a bag onto the table. “You should change your clothes.” She told her. Taeyeon takes a look inside to find her freshly-cleaned clothes. “I’ve kept a spare key to your place. In case of an emergency.” Her cousin simply shrugged with a smile.

 

Taeyeon tilts down her head. “Thank you.” She whispered quietly. Hyoyeon heard her. She only responds with a nod.

 

Taeyeon goes ahead to clean up herself in the public rest-room. She washes her face at the sink after changing to freshly washed clothes. The woman looks in the mirror; staring long at her own reflection. Despite her friends, Seulgi and Tiffany being relieved by her presence, she cannot help but to feel guilty. She messed up. Big time.

 

Taeyeon is a way older woman. More experienced. She had already known that starting a relationship with Jessica; an idol whose 9 years younger, can never come true. The was fine. But her status as a ‘professional performer’ what made it impossible. Although she was aware of that fact, she went ahead to confessed. When she was rejected, she acted selfish. She threw tantrums here and there; like a child.

 

Jessica got hurt because of her. Now, she is laying there in the ward, still unconscious. Taeyeon could have been better. Instead, she responded in the worse way possible. Truthfully, she felt that it was her fault too that Hyeri got heart-broken again. They may have a toxic-relationship but the faults were theirs’ to share. She does not show it but she does care for Hyeri.

 

A heavy sighing comes out from Taeyeon. There is no use to pounder with the past. What matters to her now is being there for Jessica. To fix what was broken between them. She cannot forgive herself just yet, not until she has rebuilt their bond again. She needed to fix things with Hyeri too. That would be later on. Hopefully, it will go well.

 

After making sure that her appearance is tolerable enough in her eyes, Taeyeon steps out of the rest-room. It was nice of Hyoyeon to picked clothes suitable for the hospital’s cold temperatures. Taeyeon was practically shivering the whole-night in the ward. As she straightens the sleeves, a figure is secretly watching her.

 

Taeyeon can sense that someone is staring. She looks around and sees a person nearby is running away. She feels curious so she goes to catches up whoever was looking at her earlier. Unfortunately, she found no one there. She wonders if it was Hyeri that came by unexpectedly. She walks away, thinking it could only be her imagination.

 

Taeyeon returns to the ward. The trio have already told her that they will stay in the cafeteria for a while to have a quick bite and asked her to head back first. She gently slides the door open to not make a noise. She sees Tiffany is setting up the flowers she had brought earlier inside a vase with water. The woman looks so focus on making sure the flowers are beautifully organized. She did not even realize has been gaping too.

 

“You’re really a perfectionist, aren’t you?” Taeyeon started up a conversation. Tiffany was startled but quickly calmed down. She smiles. “Old habits.”

 

Taeyeon nodded and takes a seat on the small-couch provided in the room. “It’s beautiful.” She praised. Tiffany smiles sweetly at the compliment. She finishes up before sitting down next to Taeyeon. The two-stay quiet for a short while. Their eyes looking at the sleeping Jessica on bed. She seems to be looking better now. Her skin is not as pale as before.

 

Taeyeon glances at Tiffany. She silently breathes in deeply. “I didn’t have a chance…to say thank you. You’ve came all the way to talked to me yesterday. If it wasn’t for you, I’d still be…lost.” She spoke.

 

Tiffany smiles. It seems smiling is the charming side of her habit. “I…understand how you felt about the whole thing. It must’ve been hard for you.” She replied. Her voice soothes the guilt inside of Taeyeon. She is right. She was there once. She fell in love with Jessica and it did not end well. She was lost. Same as Taeyeon.

 

“I’m sorry…for being rude to you before. I’m sorry for Hyeri’s attitude too. If Yuri didn’t step in, it could’ve gotten worse.” Taeyeon said; knowing well Yuri would not hesitated to throw hands if Hyeri ever hits Tiffany directly.

 

Tiffany shook her head. Of course, she had expected such things to happened. She was already grateful that Yuri did not hit Hyeri, at least. She, too, knew that wild side of her boss. “When I’ve told Yuri that I wanted to meet you, she refused to let me go there. She told me that you won’t listen.” Well, Taeyeon agreed. At the time, she was so full-on herself. “But I insisted. I just knew…you needed to hear it.”

 

“I’ve messed up.” Taeyeon truthfully confessed. “I hurt her so much.” She looked at Jessica with a bitter expression.

 

“You weren’t the only one.” Tiffany said, her eyes also shifted towards Jessica. “We both messed up.” Taeyeon did not need an explanation to understand what Tiffany meant. Both of them shared the same guilt towards Jessica.

 

“I have no idea what’s going to happen next…me and her.” Taeyeon felt worried. Although she has made up her mind on staying by Jessica’s side, she also questioned the path they are heading. Tiffany told her that Jessica is in love with her too. But that does not mean they can pursue those feelings. Jessica is still an idol and Taeyeon is still a normal bartender. Can they really stay as friends with those feelings lingering between them?

 

“I don’t know. We were separated for a long-time. All those years, I’ve always thought if we can ever be friends again. But, hey, if we can fix our relationship, I’m sure…yours’ will be fine too.” Tiffany smiled positively. Taeyeon is not sure if what she had said is true. But it was enough to give her a bit of encouragement.

 

Suddenly, they overheard a low-moan. Both of them immediately stand and see Jessica’s fingers are moving. They hurriedly go to her side; hoping if she has waken-up. They nervously look as Jessica’s lips slightly move. “J-Jess?” Tiffany called. Jessica manages to open her heavy eye-lids. Her sight is blurry and her body is weak. feels dry too.

 

“T…Tiff…?” She called with raspy voice. Tiffany gasps and nods. “It’s me…it’s me.” She sighs in relief. Jessica has finally regained consciousness. Taeyeon wanted to call out her name too but she could not. She can only stand there silently; feeling relief. “I’ll call the doctor.” Tiffany spoke.

 

“No, I’ll go.” Taeyeon is about to leave but halts when a hand weakly grabs onto her sleeve. She turns to the side and sees Jessica looking straight at her. She thought she would not notices her presence in the room. Despite Jessica’s blurred eyesight, she is way too familiarized with Taeyeon’s voice. Stay. She did not say it but it was obvious judging by the look in those brown-eyes.

 

“Okay.” Taeyeon held the younger one’s hand. Tiffany smiles at the sight before exiting quietly. Taeyeon gently caresses Jessica’s hand with her thumb. She looks at her lovingly yet having guilt at the same time. Jessica wanted to reach out to hold her face. Taeyeon catches that so she lowers herself down for her. Jessica softly lays her hand on the cheek.

 

A quiet gasp came out. But soon, tears begin to pour out from her eyes. “I thought…I was dreaming. You…came.”

 

Taeyeon smiles sweetly; naturally laying her hand  on top of Jessica’s hand. “Well…you called.” She replied. “I’m sorry for…everything. I promise you…that I won’t go anywhere. I’ll always be by your side from now on.” Although Taeyeon felt it was not enough to expressed how regretful she is feeling, but Jessica feels it was more than she ever wanted. She did not expect any apologies. She just wanted Taeyeon to understand that she never meant to hurt her.

 

“I’m glad…” Jessica closed her eyes when Taeyeon gave a soft-kiss on her forehead as she held her hand close to her chest.

 

Taeyeon is uncertain of what the future holds for their relationship. Although Tiffany had confessed the truth, Jessica has yet to be honest of her own feelings. It seems rather troublesome to stay friends despite not knowing where they are heading; what path they will choose. But Taeyeon knows for sure, whatever happens, she wanted to be by Jessica’s side.

 

 

She can no longer let herself hurt the woman she dearly loves.

 

 

To be continued.

 

Hello! Yes, an update. I've been sick this week so I'm taking a week off from my business venture. It's shorter than usual (8 pages instead of my usual 12-13 pages.) However I still hope y'all will enjoy it. As always, thank you for the subs and votes. I'll try updating another new chap before the end of December at least. Have a great day, readers.