Fourteen

Girl In The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disclaimer: Settings don't exist. Pure imaginations only.

 

-----

 

Irene's staring at the hibernating bear beside her. Seulgi looks cute in her eyes, she could clearly see how flawless her skin is. How smooth and soft it looks, how peaceful she looks like while sleeping, even though there are light snores coming out from her lips. She's an angel, Irene wants to stare at her forever.

 

She tightened her hug on the bear, burying her head on her chest. Indeed, Seulgi is really huggable. She's warm and...

 

Does the word soft could pass a description of how she feels while hugging Seulgi? Hugging her is way better than the beach now, because hugging Seulgi could give her the comfort that even the sea could not. With Seulgi, Irene feels calm. Is it normal to feel like this towards the younger woman beside her? To hug her as if she belongs to her? Heck, Irene doesn't mind. She's willing to lose everything just for the bear who's lying on the bed beside her.

 

Irene closed her eyes, sniffing Seulgi's body scent. Addicting is an understatement to describe how she feels while the latter's scent is overpowering her olfactory sense.

 

Irene doesn't want to question herself why is she feeling so, because what matters the most right now is that, Kang Seulgi is with her.

 

"Irene.." her voice is husky, it's deep. Her breath touched Irene's head as well as that voice lingered in Irene's ears. Damn, her voice sounds so good. How could Seulgi do that to her, like making Irene feel a stranger effect? And why is she reacting like this? She's affected.

 

"Irene wake up," The bear said once again using that deep, husky, y voice. Irene tightened her hug on Seulgi, doesn't want to move because she's liking the skinship.

 

"I can't breathe Irene. Wake up now Milady, we still have things to do." Seulgi said placing both of her hands on Irene's, removing the intimate touch around her.

 

"Let's just stay like this." Irene whines in a gentle tone. 

 

She heard Seulgi sighed, "Aren't you hungry?"

 

Now that Seulgi mentioned, she heard her stomach growled. "The dragon in your belly is screaming already Irene. Get up now." The bear teased.

 

"Tsh! Let's eat then." Irene said, getting up from the bed.

 

The bear is really expert in ruining the moment.

 

---

"Why are you wearing a swimwear when we're just going to eat?" Irene suspiciously asked Seulgi when she finished dressing up. She saw that the bear is holding a paper bag, about to give it to her.

 

"Who said we're only going to eat? I want to swim too! The owner of this guesthouse said that there's a pool nearby as well as an outdoor restaurant. I want to swim Irene. And you're going with me!" 

 

"I told you I'm afraid of water."

 

"I got your back Milady," she sheepishly said as she throw the paper bag which Irene caught. "Now, wear those swimwear and join me."

 

"What if I don't?"

 

"I'll leave you here alone."

 

"As if I'm scared."

 

"Okay." Seulgi started to step towards the window of the guesthouse, she closed it all one by one. After, she steps outside the door, motioning that she's going to lock it. "I'll come back at 9. Wait for me here, I heard that an old woman used to stay in this room but something crazy happened. Wait for me here Irene, I'll comeback." She said, sounding like she's scaring Irene. Hoping that the bunny would buy her made-up story. Irene, upon hearing that from Seulgi hurriedly opened the paper bag which she threw.

 

"Damn you, ing wait for me then. , it's a bad move that I gave you clues about things I'm scared at." Irene said, cursing. Seulgi gave her a victory smile.

 

"Good girl Rene. Faster. I'm already starving and I know that you're starving as well."

 

"Don't look, I'm going to change here." Upon hearing, Seulgi instantly closed her eyes. 

 

"Are you seriously Kang Seulgi? Or are you a different person pretending to be her?" She annoyingly said rolling her eyes. The bear just stretched her arms infront of Irene, hoping that she would take that but Irene just passed by her. Seulgi chuckled.

 

"Hey, wait for me!" Seulgi whines, following the pace of the bunny. 

 

They're walking side to side while glancing at the scenery around them. The weather is perfect. It's a sunny afternoon but the heat is not scorching. Perfect time to swim. They could see mountains at this side, and the sea on one side. They could hear splashes caused by the wave, they're loving the natural sound. A white noise. 

 

"Thank you for bringing me here." Irene started a conversation when their arms touched. 

 

"Thank you for coming with me." Seulgi replied.

 

"Can I hold your hand Seulgi-ya?" 

 

"Mmm."

 

"I want to feel that I'm not alone while enjoying this amazing scenery. So, I want to hold your hand."

 

"Just tell me that you want to hold my hand Irene. You're making up excuses eh?"

 

"Tsk! Nevermind. You keep on teasing me you know. I'm annoyed."

 

"You looked cute when you're annoyed little bunny." Seulgi said and she held Irene's hand. She didn't hear any complains from Irene, so she squeezed her hand lightly.

 

"Tss." The expression came out from Irene, suppressing her smile.

 

"What do you want to eat?" Seulgi asked as she sways their both intertwined hands.

 

She's liking the warmth of Irene's small hand. It's small but it feels perfect against on her own. She seems like floating because of the feeling. It's light, welcoming.

 

"You.." Right after hearing Irene's word, Seulgi looked at her. Eyes surprised. She tried to move her hand away from Irene but the bunny held it tighter, trying to control the laugh that's about to burst. Now, it's her time to tease Seulgi.

 

"I want to eat you Kang Seulgi," Sure, her words have different meaning, different interpretation but she already memorized Seulgi's innocent mind. 

 

'So, Irene's a cannibal all along? That's why she's not acting like a normal person because she eats person themselves. Damn, I fell in love with a cannibal? Hell no! It can't be. So does that mean the reason why Irene wanted my body in the first place is because...

 

She wants to eat me?'

 

Seulgi's spine is literally shivering and Irene could feel the cold sweat from her hands. As much as Irene wanted to burst out her laughter, she composed herself. She's enjoying this sight of Seulgi. She looks like a cute prey of a wild predator.

 

"Now look at me," Irene whispered huskily, moving the hold on Seulgi's hand to her wrist. "Did you hear how loud my stomach growled earlier?"

 

"D-don't eat me." Her tone is begging, she's scared. Irene could see how Seulgi continously gulped. Indeed, she's loving this. Naive bear, again, they meet.

 

"You made me hungry Seulgi-ya. And I've been controlling myself ever since we arrived in this place so I could finally taste you." She seriously said as she scans the latter's face. "Your cheeks look fluffy. I wonder how your flesh tastes. I can't wait to try it." Irene held Seulgi's other hand and grip it.

 

Seulgi's trying to push Irene away but the bunny became stronger than her which made Seulgi think that Irene is not really a human.

 

"H-hey, I won't tease you again. Just spare my life." Seulgi said shaking.

 

"What? You're afraid now? I thought your fearless Kang Seulgi? You teased me about leaving me in that guest house, didn't you?"

 

"Hey but that's different. Spare me Irene Bae."

 

"Give me reasons to spare you."

 

Seulgi sighed heavily. "I have to make you fall in love with me." She said without realizing what she uttered. Oh, damn. She's doomed. She couldn't just confess to her like that. Irene will seriously going to eat her right now. Goodbye world, she enjoyed living because she met someone like Irene. She closed her eyes firmly, waiting to be eaten.

 

5 seconds.

 

10 seconds.

 

15 seconds. 

 

She felt the grip around her wrists loosen.

 

20 seconds.

 

She's still waiting for the bunny's next actions, or should she run right now so that she couldn't be eaten? Or is she dead now? Why can't she feel pain? Of course, maybe she's dead by now.

 

She slowly opens her eyes, and the smiling face of the bunny welcomed her. Eyes are dancing in amazement, crossing her arms on her chest, studying the bear's face.

 

"You would make me fall in love with you?" Irene smirked, she moves her face closer to Seulgi, still arms crossed.

 

Seulgi blinked repeatedly. "What?!" Seulgi panicked, thinking for the best reason so that Irene won't think further.

 

"Yes! I'd make you fall in love with me if you spare my life." Seulgi said without stammering, she should be brave enough. She met the pair of orbs of Irene, amazement still evident. "That's what they do in movies. I've watched countless of vampire movies already Irene, and the way to not make them the human's blood is to tame them. Making you fall in love with me would tame you." She explained in 'as-a-matterof-fact' tone.

 

Irene's wide grin slowly fell. What seulgi said slightly disappointed her. She doesn't like how the bear's tone lingered in her auditory nerves.

 

"Okay. I'm just joking Seulgi. I don't eat a human." Irene coldly said then she walked away from Seulgi.

 

----

 

The two of them are busying themselves to stuff the food they ordered. They're currently at an outdoor restaurant which have a pool on its side. Unlike the usual comfortable silence, their silence seems awkward. Seu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter