Seventeen

Girl In The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She's enjoying her American life.

 

 

 

Her Father was right when he said that there's a family that's been waiting for her, longing for her for a long time. And he didn't inform her daughter that that family was so fun to be with. Meeting her called family is one of the best things ever happened in her life. They are welcoming. She can feel the warmth that you can only find within your family.

 

 

 

The best part was her Grandmother. A cool halmeoni. At first, she thought her grandmother is a scary person because of her sharp feautures, strict face, but when she felt the hug of her grandmother, she realized how it feels to be in her grandmother's arms. Her warmth, her scent, it's welcoming. As if finally accepting Seulgi in the family. 

 

 

 

Her grandmother told her countless stories about her Dad, as well as her mom. Indeed Granny- as what she preferred to be called- met her mom but only once. Her Granny tells her the story how her Dad fell for her Mom who's willing to disobey her parents so that her Dad would be with her Mom. How much headaches her Grandparents had when Kang Minseok chose to be with her Mom. Soon after, they finally accepted it. Her grandparents wanted her Dad and Mom to live in States with them but they chose not to and they accepted it as well. Her Dad is a faithful man. A wise man. A man who's willing to lose everything for the love of his life. 

 

 

 

Granny told Seulgi that she understood her Dad's situation. Her son looked the happiest when he found her Mom. And Seulgi, she felt proud of her Dad for loving her Mom that much. Even though she remembered their talk, that her Dad didn't love her Mom enough. She must learn from her Dad.

 

 

 

Granny is a cool grandmother. She's even pushing Seulgi to explore the States and learn new things. She's spoiling Seulgi so much making her cousins somehow envy her but Granny doesn't care about what her cousins would say. They lost a long time already. Though of course, her cousins understand her situation.

 

 

 

She has four cousins. Kang Daniel. Hwang Yeji. Im Nayeon and Lalisa Manoban.

 

 

 

She's closest to Lalisa. They have the same interests. In photography, dancing, arts and most especially in girls.

 

 

 

Most of her time, she spend it with Lisa. They always go out and visit every bar they see meeting new people, fooling around.

 

 

 

She's gradually forgetting about her life in Seoul and enjoying herself in America. She can't help it. She's enjoying too much. Lisa is a distraction, in an alluring way. 

 

 

 

She remembers the first time Lisa invited her to go in a bar. Lisa asked her if she already experience it, since Lisa is aware about her cousin's situation and she somehow pity Seulgi for not having or experiencing the normal life. She missed a lot and Lisa is willing to introduced her to them. Lisa already sensed that Seulgi is gay that's why they get along well. Who wouldn't when Seulgi always tell Lisa about this girl named Irene whom she's head-over-heels with. How funny it is that her cousin who literally lived under a rock had someone special. Love and its ways.

 

 

 

Seulgi just innocently shook her head upon hearing Lisa's question and shamelessly asked Lisa to teach her. Then Lisa wraps her arm on Seulgi's shoulder saying,

 

 

 

"I got your back, but I'm afraid your relationship with that Irene would turn bad." Seulgi didn't think much about it, she just learned to go with the flow.

 

 

 

And after that, they go bar hopping almost everyday. Drowning themselves in alcohol and enjoying the company of whoever they'll be meeting in there.

 

 

 

There's this time when Lisa introduced her to one of her friends. Saying she met her in a photography class their college days. Her name is Jisoo. Kim Jisoo. They are same age and Jisoo is a wholesome person.

 

 

 

She likes to joke around. She's a funny person yet matured. Her words have meanings and Seulgi learned a lot about her. She knows how to adjust.

 

 

 

She's gorgeous and Seulgi always find herself being fascinated by how her lips would shape into heart whenever she smiles.

 

 

 

She enjoys being with Jisoo. Forgetting about Lisa because Lisa would only be the caused of Seulgi's unhealthy lifestyle, not completely being forgotten though since Lisa already found her girlfriend who made her turn into someone Seulgi didn't imagine. 

 

 

 

Lisa stopped going to bars with her when she met this girl named Park Chaeyoung. She calls her Rosie and the two of them are so cute together. The four of them always go on a date. Rosie, Lisa, Jisoo and Seulgi. Seulgi had gotten closer to Rosie since the both of them were foodies. She enjoyed her temporary American-lifestyle with them.

 

 

 

One time, the four of them decided to go on a bar, getting wasted to celebrate somehow. Since Lisa hit a jackpot in her job. They went on one of the famous bars in States and drunk the night away, but that time, happened. She was so drunk that she kept on thinking about Irene, missing the latter. She knows there's still this special feelings she's having for Irene. She misses her so much that she wanted to go back in Seoul and kissed Irene nonstop. That's when she lost control of herself and she grabbed Jisoo on her waist and kissed her. She thought Jisoo was Irene. She thought she's with Irene.

 

 

 

She kissed Jisoo on her lips.

 

 

 

And much to her surprise, Jisoo responded. And as their kiss deepened, something happened between them.

 

 

 

Jisoo was Seulgi's first, and she keeps on blaming herself for that. She keeps on apologizing to Jisoo since she wasn't in her right mind and she confessed to Jisoo that she was mistaken as someone. Jisoo take it coolly and apologized as well and they blamed everything on alcohol. Nothing changed about their friendship since Jisoo as well opened up about someone special to Seulgi and they're on the same page. The two of them weren't awkward at all. They took what happened as an epic experience though Seulgi's conscience kept on bugging her, feeling that she technically cheated on Irene whom she promised to get once she's back in Korea.

 

 

 

Months being with Lisa, she learned the things she never knew the existence of when she was in Seoul. Being with Lisa, she learned how to fool around. Drink alcohol as much as she wants. Lisa is an influence on her between bad and good, and she's thankful Lisa introduced her to that kind of things.

 

 

 

She's thankful Lisa introduced Jisoo to her, someone as understanding as Jisoo. Someone who's exactly in the same page as hers. Spending the time in America to be better for her special someone.

 

 

 

Now she realized that what she's going through when she was in Seoul wasn't just a phase. That's the real her. She's not straight. Her attraction for girls is legit. She tried being with guys but she couldn't stand them. Then, she realized that she's really into girls.

 

 

 

Seulgi learned everything about . Being vulgar, the country where she's currently living at is a liberated one. Where having everywhere is not a big deal. 

 

 

 

One year and a half.

 

 

 

That's how long she stayed in America and decided to be back in Seoul for good. For her Father, Kang Minseok finally asked Seulgi to manage their company.

 

 

 

Seulgi learned about business in America as well. She learned business for two months and she already learned a lot. Her Father keeps on giving her advices and she learned from the best teacher.

 

 

 

One year and a half. She's finally going back to Seoul.

 

 

 

And a different level of anxiousness, nervousness is overpowering her body as well as adrenaline.

 

 

 

How will she face her friends? 

 

 

 

How will she face Irene Bae?

 

 

 

Now that she realized all the things they did back then, all the things she did with Irene, she feels uneasiness.

 

Of course, she wants Irene to be hers. To be finally hers but does she deserve though? Since what she did in US is an unfaithful act. For she promised Irene to be the best version of herself yet what she did in there is to fool around with her cousin and her newly found American-Buddy named Kim Jisoo.

 

 

 

One mistake yet she's feeling she doesn't deserve Irene anymore.

 

 

 

"Dad I'll be going." She says, fixing her bags.

 

 

 

"Take care, Seulgi. You've changed a lot my dear."

 

 

 

"Oh come on, Mister Kang Minseok. I am still your cute daughter."

 

 

 

"Not that I'm disappointed with the sudden change." Kang Minseok joked.

 

 

 

"Dad!"

 

 

 

"Oh yeah. Tsk. I can't count the girls you brought in this sacred house of ours and fool around."

 

 

 

"Dad, excuse me but what you're thinking is a no-no."

 

 

 

"Oh really? I can hear their chants Seulgi. I can clearly hear them. I should learn from you, daughter." Her Dad and Seulgi is silently cursing Lisa for that. Of course those girls are not for her! Not at all. The only experienced she had was with Jisoo, and she's too drunk that time, drowned by alcohol. Well to be honest thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter