Sixteen

Girl In The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Week had passed, and her relationship with Irene indeed grew stronger. There's something between them that makes her feel more alive, makes her feel happier, makes her feel more contented, but despite of these delight emotions she's feeling, she's somehow hesitant. Or maybe being doubtful. Irene could give her these emotions, and she can't help but to overthink. Does Irene feels the same way?

 

 

 

She keeps on telling herself this. She's aware she lacks, and she's kind of considering her Dad's offer, but she can't leave Irene. Not now that their getting closer and closer, not now when she could feel Irene being more caring towards her, not the Irene she used to know. She could feel that Irene's way of treating her changed. She wants to know more about the Irene she's been seeing now.

 

 

 

It's been a week, and they have been seeing each other. Not the same set up they had before, not the set up where they have to eat each other's faces. She wants what they have now, where she just leans on Irene's shoulder and simply inhale the air surrounds them. breathe. Where she just holds Irene's hand, play her fingers and enjoy the comfortable silence, where she eats with Irene in different restaurants sharing random stories about themselves, could be deep or pure nonsense. She enjoys it, but somehow she still lacks, and she wanted to fulfill that lacking. She wanted to overcome it.

 

 

 

With an unreadable expression on her face, she sighed. She needed someone to talk about this. Even if her Sunmi-unnie keeps on coming to her mind because she knows her unnie gives her the most suitable advices in situations like this, she's afraid she might disturb her. 

 

 

 

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard nonstop rings from her doorbell. She messed her hair and weakly stood up. Who would visit her this time? She's sure it's not Irene because she met up with her earlier, and Irene is busy.

 

 

 

"Surprise!" She furrows her brows when a smiling face of Kim Yerim welcomed her, alongside with Moonbyul's dark face. What are they doing in her apartment? Why are they here? 

 

 

 

"You looked surprised." Yerim sarcastically said as she shoves Seulgi away from the doorway and finds her way to the kitchen. She puts the plastic bags on the table which seem like foods and beers..?

 

 

 

"We missed you bud." Moonbyul said to her as she taps Seulgi's shoulders. Seulgi smiles at Moonbyul. It's been a while since the three of them hang out. Her friends were busy on their businesses. Yerim being away for her business trip, as well as Moonbyul. 

 

 

 

Sure, she misses her two dork friends as well. She misses all their teases and their joke. She always laugh when she's with Moonbyul and Yeri. Sure, she misses her two bestfriends. So Seulgi couldn't help but to smile, smile like a fool. 

 

 

 

"You didn't call me. I have no stock in my kitchen." She said scratching her head.

 

 

 

"It's okay unnie!" Yeri shouted from the kitchen. "Moonbyul-unnie payed all the foods I brought." An evil laugh escape from her.

 

 

 

"You're the cause of me being broke Yerim-ah." Moonbyul's expression darkened again. That explains why Moonbyul looked like a broke businessman who was bankrupt.

 

 

 

The two followed Yerim in the kitchen. "It's been a while." Yeri said as she smiles at the two.

 

 

 

"I miss you dorks." 

 

 

 

"Yuck." Moonbyul said as she faked she's about to puke. Yeri rolled her eyes at her.

 

 

 

"I miss you Seulgi unnie." 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry but I don't miss you." Seulgi said hinding her smirk.

 

 

 

Yeri rolled her eyes once again. "I hate you guys."

 

 

 

"I'm just kidding."

 

 

 

The three settled themselves on Seulgi's dining room as they finished fixing the foods on the table. 

 

 

 

They talked about what happened in the past weeks of their lives and tease each other nonstop. Seulgi learned that her friends were really busy and stressed because of their work, reason why they haven't contacted Seulgi, each other for a while but that doesn't matter. There are always times like that but their bond won't change. They are still Seulgi's friends, as well as Seulgi to them. 

 

 

 

"How's Bali?" Seulgi asked Yerim when she remembered Yerim went in there last time. Moonbyul and Yerim coughs because of Seulgi's question so Seulgi raised her brow when she noticed how her friends reacted.

 

 

 

"N-nothing much." Yeri answered as she sips her beer. Seulgi studied her face and Yeri looks anxious. She averts her gaze to Moonbyul and Moonbyul's face was epic, trying to be serious at the same time suppressing laughs.

 

 

 

"Spill it." She said to Moonbyul, maybe Moonbyul knows why Yeri looks anxious.

 

 

 

"Yongsun and I went to Bali for a vacation, right?" Seulgi nodded to Moonbyul who's still controlling her voice that's about to crack because of suppressing her laughs. "We met Yerim in there." She said smiling from ear to ear.

 

 

 

"Aww, so you hang out in Bali without me?" Seulgi dramatically said. 

 

 

 

"Idiot, it's not like that." Moonbyul answered her, chuckling. She looks at Yerim as if asking Yerim through her eyes if she's going to tell Seulgi what happened, Yeri nodded her head slowly.

 

 

 

"We saw drunken Yerim in Bali." She started, Seulgi waited for Moonbyul's next statements. "She looked wasted, as if a broken seal. She looked helpless. At first I thought it's not Yerim, but when Yongsun argued with me that the broken squirtle was indeed Yerim, we approached her. And she started to cry like a girl who was dumped." Moonbyul said as her expression changed into a gloomy one. She clearly remembers how hurt Yerim was back in Bali.

 

 

 

"Why? What happened Yerms? Are you okay now?" Seulgi worriedly asked her. 

 

 

 

Yerim forced a smile. "I don't know unnie." She sighs.

 

 

 

"Tell me what happened."

 

 

 

"I went in Bali for business trip, and I was with Saeron."

 

 

 

"Saeron? Kim Saeron? Your bestfriend whom you fell in love with?" Seulgi asked and Yerim nodded.

 

 

 

"I confessed unnie. Unexpectedly, I did. I don't know what came into my mind and I blurted out my feelings out of nowhere. Maybe it was the perfect moment for me to confess. It feels right that time, to say how I really felt. I was hoping that maybe, maybe she could reciprocate my feelings, maybe she feels the same way." She said trying to maintain how she sounds. "But I was wrong unnie. My assumptions lead me to this. I thought she also likes me. I couldn't help it. She's giving me signals, signs which made me think she feels the same way. She keeps on telling me comforting words, sugar-coated words which made me think she likes me as well, but when I blatantly told my feelings for her, she rejected me. She said she's into someone. She said she's s-straight." She said the last word bitterly, clicking her tongue. "I don't want to blame her for that, but I can't help to still question her. Those words doesn't match her actions, unnie. Those words doesn't match why I need to feel like this towards her." She shook her head and sighed heavily.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry Yerim-ah."

 

 

 

"Why are you apologizing? It's not that you're Saeron, not that you told her to reject me." Yeri joked. 

 

 

 

"Idiot. That's why Saeron rejected you." Seulgi laughs at her hoping Yeri would feel better. "Ever heard of the words sympathy?" Seulgi said while making her brows up and down.

 

 

 

Yeri rolled her eyes and averts her gaze to Moonbyul. "I hate you for being happy with Yongsun-unnie."

 

 

 

"Hey hey hey, don't hate us because we're a happy couple Yerim-ah. 

 

That's a bad thing, my friend." Byul tuck her tongue out. "It's not our fault that the girl you liked is straight." Byul laughs at her as well.

 

 

 

"I hate you guys for laughing at me!" She exclaimed.

 

 

 

"We can't help it Yeri. You know that our weakness is to fall in love with a straight girl." Moonbyul said in a low tone. "I already experienced falling for a straight as well and that hurts as . She could do things to you that she's not aware can make you fall in love with her."

 

 

 

"You have a point." The two of them sighed and Seulgi remained silent. 

 

 

 

"How about you bear? How's your relationship with the girl Irene?"

 

 

 

"Ah, I remembered her unnie! I haven't met her personally yet. You haven't introduced Irene to us yet! Is there any progress? Do you still meet up with her? Do you guys still make out?" Yeri said continously and Seulgi sighed, having an unreadable expression. Her friends noticed her.

 

 

 

"Is there something wrong bud?" Moonbyul asked.

 

 

 

"I like her Byul." Once again, she heaved a sigh.

 

 

 

"But I don't think I can like her the proper way. The right way." She chuckles lowly. "She loves someone who's not me, Bud. She's not yet done loving someone else and I know she's not yet ready to enter a relationship. As well as I am. You know that I'm still new to this, liking someone. She's my first." She giggles. "And I hate it because I think I'm not enough for her. Not yet. I don't even know myself to be honest, and I want to focus knowing more about me, but if I do that, I'm afraid I'll leave Irene for the mean time, I'm afraid if I leave her, she would find someone else, who's hundred times better than me. I haven't told my feelings for her yet, because I'm afraid she might push me away. I was her crying shoulders the past days and what if I confessed, she would think that I'm comforting her because I have feelings for her? That I wanted my feelings to be reciprocated. I don't want her to think that way, that wasn't my intention honestly. I just want to make her feel better because she deserve to be happy.

 

 

 

"And somehow, I want to consider what Dad told me. To meet my family in States. I don't want to leave you guys here, at the same time I also want to meet the family that's been waiting for me in there."

 

 

 

Yerim and Moonbyul looked at each other, the same thought coming across their mind. "Go to your family unnie." Yeri said. 

 

 

 

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter