Twelve

Girl In The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She's gasping for air when she stopped upon seeing the girl looking helpless, sitting on the grass, holding both of her knees, burying her head in between. She's sobbing, almost breathless as Seulgi could hear.

 

 

 

She kneeled infront of her, touching her head. The girl looked up, flinching caused of the touch. When she met the pair of monolids, she instantly hugged the owner of it. Like an open can of soda that's been shaken repeated times, she bursted into tears, snuggling the latter kneeling at her.

 

 

 

Seulgi doesn't want to look at the sight infront of her. She just couldn't. It feels like her heart is breaking into pieces. She's not the person she used to know. She never imagined seeing her like this, after the ended set-up, why does she have to see Irene Bae looking like this?

 

 

 

She looked wasted. 

 

 

 

Seulgi hugged her back, placing her hand on the back of the latter who's hugging her tightly, through that, she could feel the emotions of the girl. The deep, sad emotions she never imagined she'll be seeing. Dark emotions overpowering the girl.

 

 

 

"W-what happened Irene? Hey, shhh. It's okay Love. You can tell me whatever it is." She said in her sweetest tone which made Irene bursted more tears. She keeps on sobbing, Seulgi couldn't see her face but she's sure her pair of orbs are swollen. 

 

 

 

"S-seulgi-yah, I-I hate m-myself." She said in between her tears, Seulgi almost couldn't understand her muffled words because it seems like she's having a hard time speaking, proof of crying buckets.

 

 

 

She doesn't want to hear her like this. Not wanting to see her looking like this again, but for now, she'll be the one to make the love of her life lifts her emotions up. She'll do everything to make her feel better.

 

 

 

"Shh, don't be too hard on yourself. Mind telling me what's wrong?" Seulgi said, trying to comfort the latter but she isn't sure if it's helping. Was that the right words to say? 

 

 

 

"I-I don't want to talk about it f-for now. D-do you w-want to be w-with me f-for now? I-i need someone r-right now. C-could you b-be that s-someone? P-please b-be with me, b-be with me Seulgi?" Her tone is begging in desperation. Seulgi tightened their hug, making her feel that she's only by her side no matter what.

 

 

 

They're just hugging each other. Seulgi doesn't know what to say, she's just caressing the girl's long locks as she hears her sniffs, cries. She could feel the tears of the bunny on her neck but she doesn't care about it. She wants Irene to feel better. She'll do everything to make her feel better.

 

 

 

Irene pulled away from the hug, fixing herself. She sighed heavily, wiping the tears all over her face. "Do you have a handkerchief with you?" She asked Seulgi, her voice sounds different. Seulgi looked at her face, her heart softened.

 

 

 

She feels bad about her. She doesn't know what happened why she became like this, she doesn't know what she's going to do to make her emotions be lighter. Only thing she could do just for the latter is to do what she asked her to do.

 

 

 

To be beside her.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't bring a handkerchief." She shyly said, scratching the back of her head. 

 

 

 

"O-oh sorry, am I being too demanding? S-sorry S-seulgi. D-don't leave me o-okay?"

 

 

 

She keeps on saying sorry. She's not Irene Bae. It's her first time to see the side of Irene like this. 

 

 

 

"No, it's okay?" Seulgi hesitantly said as she sighed. She heard Irene sniffing, preventing the mucus in her nose from coming out so Seulgi giggles.

 

 

 

She looked around, no people. They are in an empty park. The ambiance feels lonely, like the girl who's avoiding her gaze infront of her.

 

 

 

Seulgi steps closer Irene. She lifted the hem of her shirt, exposing her toned abdomen infront of Irene. Irene looked at her in confusion, Seulgi just smiled. She held the back of Irene's head, lowering it down to her lifted shirt. 

 

 

 

"Blow." Seulgi said, Irene looked up to meet her eyes, brows straightened. "I don't have a handkerchief with me, you can use my shirt instead. Now, blow your snot on it." She answered the questioning gaze of Irene.

 

 

 

Irene moved her face away from Seulgi, what a bold move of the bear. Her toned abdomen was literally exposed infront of her. Fun Fact: It's Irene's first time to see the abdomen of Seulgi and she's shocked by how toned it is but shrugged it instantly because this is not the right timing to think about something like that.

 

 

 

"This is embarrassing. Nevermind Seulgi. I'm sorry."

 

 

 

"If you're not going to blow that on my shirt, I'm going to leave you right now." She threatened Irene, trying to distance herself centimeters away from the latter, lowering her lifted shirt to let Irene notice that she's about to leave. In an instant, Irene went to her rushing. She placed her hand on the hem of Seulgi's shirt lifting it. She lowers her face and blow her nose.

 

 

 

Seulgi pats Irene's head. "Good girl." She teasingly said when Irene is done.

 

 

 

"I hate you. You're blackmailing me now that you know I need you." Irene said pouting, "I feel helpless and I don't like how I act towards you right now." She added.

 

 

 

"What happened? Why do I have to see you in this state?" Seulgi asked staring intently on Irene's orbs. She cups the cheeks of Irene, touching it lightly. Irene blinks repeatedly, surprised by the sudden touch of Seulgi.

 

 

 

Seulgi's eyes are expressive, it's easy to read. Reason why Irene doesn't like how the bear stares towards her. "Are you pitying me now? You can just leave me."

 

 

 

"Irene Bae and her pride again. It's not like that Rene. I can't leave you in this state. You can be with me."

 

 

 

"You're not mad at me?"

 

 

 

"Why would I be mad at you? This is out of the topic seriously."

 

 

 

"I called you late at night."

 

 

 

"I'm glad you called me. I thought we're not going to see each other again after that day." She lied. Of course she's against that idea, she is going to make Irene fall in love with her, isn't she?

 

 

 

Now that the thought came across her mind, she felt her stomach tingled. Is this the right time to do that? Instead of butterflies filling her stomach when she saw Irene, she felt billions of needles pricking her chest instead. Not with that state. For now, she have to set aside the things she planned being with Irene, her feelings. The bunny doesn't need someone who's in love with her, she only needs someone to stay by her side as of the moment.

 

 

 

"I-I'm sorry Seulgi. Am I being a hypocrite now? I don't know why you were the first person who came into my mind while I'm being like this. I could have just called Sooyoung instead. Did I disturb you?" 

 

 

 

"I told you I'm glad you called me. And really?" Seulgi smiled at Irene, showing her perfect teeth, Irene laughed at her cuteness so she pinched the bear's cheeks.

 

 

 

"Ouch!" She hissed.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, you're just too cute. I can't handle your cuteness you know." Irene said giggling. Seulgi smiled once again, finally, she's laughing.

 

 

 

"I won't ask you why you became like that again," Seulgi stated which made Irene still. "But can I ask you something?"

 

 

 

"What?"

 

 

 

"How can I make Irene Bae calm? In what ways can I comfort the ethereal CEO of elpeeda clothing line?" 

 

 

 

Irene smiled at Seulgi, feeling the warmth in her chest because she contacted the right person.

 

 

 

"The sea."

 

 

 

----

 

 

 

"Seulgi-ya! Are you serious?!"

 

 

 

"Come on Irene Bae, we already bought some clothes! Let's go!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter