Thirteen

Girl In The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She felt light touches on her shoulders so she opens her eyes slowly. She looked at the person who's trying to wake her up. There, she saw an old woman who's smiling infront of her.

 

 

 

"We're already in Jeju." She simply said as she walked away from her.

 

 

 

Kang Seulgi furrows her brows, she looked at the view from the window of the train. Indeed, they finally arrived in Jeju train station.

 

 

 

She excitedly goes up, getting all her things when she realized something.

 

 

 

Ah, yeah. She's with Irene Bae! She looked at the seat beside her but there's no sign of the bunny.

 

 

 

She slightly panic. Was she dreaming last night? No. She could clearly remember the moments they shared few hours ago. No, this couldn't be happening. She remembered going to the department store to buy some clothes with Irene. She clearly remembers how she bought tickets for the both of them. She could clearly remember the reason why she's in Jeju right now.

 

 

 

But where's Irene? Where did she go?

 

 

 

She scanned the train, looking for any signs which points to Irene Bae but she couldn't find any of it.

 

 

 

When she heard the announcement in the train, she hurriedly fixed all her things and get out of the transportation.

 

 

 

She's doomed. Was she just imagining that Irene was with her throughout those moments because Irene had been occupying her mind since then? Did she become a lunatic now? Crazy over the latter because she couldn't do anything to pursue her feelings for her?

 

 

 

She sighed, sitting down on a big rock she saw. She scans the scenery infront of her. The sun is about to come up. The wind is lightly touching her face, hair becoming messy because of the breeze. She sighed as she inhales the air of the island.

 

 

 

"Never thought I'd be visiting this island." She whispers. "I just became a lunatic eh?" She says in disbelief.

 

 

 

"Yah! Seulgi-ya!" Her ears obviously learned how to fool her. It's impossible to hear that tiny yet aggressive voice of her 'milady'. Maybe she's still dreaming, or isn't she?

 

 

 

"I've been calling you a hundred of times now. I could see that you're zoning out." She saw a pair of familiar flip-flops infront of her. She slowly looks at the owner of those, there she saw a woman, eyes still swollen, nose looking red, hair messy, who's holding her hips with the both of her hands, familiar posture of a mom scolding her kid.

 

 

 

Seulgi, looking surprised instantly stood up and hugged the bunny tightly. She could feel how the bunny stiffened but she doesn't care. Only thing in her mind right now is that, she's not dreaming.

 

 

 

"Loosen up idiot. I can't breathe!" The shorty said, tapping her shoulders. She's trying to pull away from the hug but the bear only hugged her tighter.

 

 

 

"Damn it Irene. I thought I became crazy when I didn't see you beside me. I felt anxious, gosh." She says in relief as she pulls away.

 

 

 

"Ouch!" She hissed when she felt a hand landed on the back of her head.

 

 

 

"You didn't listen to the old woman who woke you, did you?"

 

 

 

"Huh? What do you mean?"

 

 

 

"She didn't tell you that I was waiting near the door of the train?"

 

 

 

"No." She furrows her brows. "Why did you leave me anyway? I seriously thought what happened few hours ago was just a dream!"

 

 

 

"Idiot. I'm trying to do what you wished me to do." Irene rolled her eyes.

 

 

 

"Huh?"

 

 

 

"Us being strangers here in Jeju! Like we didn't meet in the first place." She pouts. "That's what you said before we fell asleep."

 

 

 

"Oh," she says when she realized what Irene was trying to say. She scratches her head, looking away. "The scenery is nice here. Look, the sun is about to come up Irene." She said, trying to divert the topic. She silently scolds herself, blaming why she had to be that dumb. She forgot, okay. She had a good time with Irene the point that she could think what happened was just a dream. She never had a good time with Irene, quality time with her like that. She thinks that's impossible. But she remembered why she had to drag the bunny with her. Because of the sea. The sea comforts her. The bunny needs that from someone, because she had a breakdown last night.

 

 

 

"Don't try to change the topic you bear!" Irene scolds her jokingly. She fixes Seulgi's hair, tucking the strands on her ears. Seulgi flinched, Irene's touch is sweet.

 

 

 

"What was your plan then?" 

 

 

 

"Plan? Like what?"

 

 

 

"Like why I had to wake up without you beside me."

 

 

 

"Oh, I was trying to approach you when you got off the train. I even asked the old woman to wake you up because you're hibernating. You're really a bear, aren't you?" She teased which made Seulgi looks away in embarrassment. "She didn't tell you that I was waiting for you outside?"

 

 

 

"No. She just woke me up Irene." 

 

 

 

"Dang, that would be a nice way to meet a stranger but it turned out like this. It's epic."

 

 

 

"You're seriously into my plan eh? To us being strangers."

 

 

 

"Yeah," she nodded. "Our first meeting wasn't so nice."

 

 

 

"Indeed."

 

 

 

"Plus we shared some explicit moments. It makes me somehow, uncomfortable."

 

 

 

Seulgi felt a slight pinch in her chest. Why would she be uncomfortable? That lead her to her feelings for the bunny. Maybe it's uncomfortable in some ways but still. Doesn't she want the Kang Seulgi she met to be with her? So she wants another version of Seulgi eh? The Seulgi she hasn't met yet.

 

 

 

"Y-you're right. So, how shall we start this?"

 

 

 

"Wait."

 

 

 

Once again, she follows Irene's movements. She distanced herself away from Seulgi, fixing herself. She slowly went to Seulgi's direction. She stopped when she's infront of her.

 

 

 

"Excuse me," Irene bows at Seulgi. "Y-you see, I'm slightly broke right now. I forgot to bring my cards because someone just drag me here. You looked trustworthy so c-could you lend me some money?" Seulgi is trying to suppress the smile slowly forming on her lips. She needs to act, it's for her own good as well.

 

 

 

'Seulgi, you never knew this girl. Set aside what you feel towards her because you never knew her.' She says, trying to convince herself.

 

 

 

She clears as she scans Irene's state. The girl is still wearing her white long sleeve blouse and denim pants. She's wearing a pair of flip-flops, looking helpless. She scans Irene's body up and down, she stares at her face. Her mind is trying to erase the moments she had with Irene before. Now, she's acting as if she really meet her the first time, reason why she's trying to scan the latter thoroughly. Irene seems intimidated by how Seulgi stares at her body so she clears making Seulgi smiled at her.

 

 

 

"This is my first time here in this Island. Have you been here perhaps?"

 

 

 

"A-ah? What?" Irene responded in confusion, this is weird as she thinks but only thing she could do right now is to go with the flow. She agreed with this plan, she had to perform it properly. "Yes."

 

 

 

"Nice. I need someone who is willing to tour me here. Could you do that for me?"

 

 

 

Irene convinced herself that she didn't know Seulgi as well, so she chose to be her usual self. Her y self.

 

 

 

"Excuse me but I'm not a tour guide!"

 

 

 

"If you say so. Then I'm not going to lend you money." She said to Irene arrogantly as she fixed all her things. Ready to explore the Island by herself.

 

 

 

"Seulgi! This is not the plan!" Irene shouted trying to follow the bear's pace.

 

 

 

Seulgi stops when she heard her name. "Are you trying to say something miss?"

 

 

 

"Seulgi, I said this wasn't the plan."

 

 

 

"Oh, you know who I am?" She gave her a shocked expression. Seulgi's pointing to herself.

 

 

 

"Still in the character eh? Seulgi just agree with me. Lend me some money come on!" Irene irritatingly said, she's back being a y. Not the Irene Seulgi encountered few hours ago.

 

 

 

"I've been a kind person throughout my life miss. And that didn't turn out well. My friends advised me to not be nice to just anyone you know. The last time I acted nice towards someone somehow traumatized me." She meant what she said.

 

 

 

"You're good in acting eh? But I'm better than you." Irene whispers. "Okay, I get what you mean. So you're trying to say that you're being a gullible human being ever since you were born?"

 

 

 

"You're being too harsh for a broke woman who's asking for money to a stranger."

 

 

 

'Damn, I should have not agreed with her. I just want to punch her right now.' Irene regretted her decisions in life. Lol.

 

 

 

She sighs. "Okay, I'm sorry for being too harsh. I'm going to tour you in this island but you have to lend me money."

 

 

 

Seulgi lowers her gaze to meet Irene's pair of doe orbs. "Are you trustworthy though?"

 

 

 

"Excuse me but for your information I am a very trustworthy person. I could pay you back once I arrived in Seoul. If you're not aware, I own the elpeeda clothing line."

 

 

 

"Dream on woman. Don't try to fool me with your crazy acts. I know the owner of that company and she's ethereal compare to you." Seulgi said teasingly, she's getting into Irene's nerves now. But those words somehow affected Irene. She could feel warmth on her face but continuously shook her head afterwards. Should she be offended? Because this bear infront of her is comparing her to herself? This is crazy. Seriously. Irene's weirded out by this sudden situation she's in.

 

 

 

"Lend me some money. You look like someone who has pounds in her pockets. I really need it. A certain lunatic just left me here without giving me a single penny." 

 

 

 

'I ain't lunatic Rene.' Seulgi's holding herself to not burst into laughter. Is she really in love with Irene? But why does she keep on teasing her? Maybe because she loves the expressions Irene makes, because she knows her attention is on her.

 

 

 

"You're right. Then are you willing to be my tour guide? I could lend you clothes too." She moves cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter