Nine

Girl In The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm glad you're finally working in the company you will soon be owning, my ddeulgi." Kang Minseok said using his proud tone, smiling proudly at her daughter.

 

 

 

"You're embarrassing me again Kang Minseok-ssi." Seulgi said hiding her face.

 

 

 

"You're being formal, you can just call me 'Dad' daughter." Minseok sarcastically said.

 

 

 

"Whatever Dad. Don't tease me that I'm finally working in this company of yours."

 

 

 

"It's our company my dear daughter. You'll be managing it soon, you will become the president of Komsae soon."

 

 

 

"I'm still inexperienced Dad. You know that I've been living with mom alone, I don't have any idea how to run a company, including the fact that this company of yours is really big."

 

 

 

"I'm sorry Seul."

 

 

 

"Why are you sorry Dad? Because you let me stay with mom and not with you?" 

 

 

 

Kang Minseok sighed, shaking the thoughts in his head why his situation with his daughter, as well as her daughter became like this. 

 

 

 

"I asked Lee Chaeyon, my secretary to assist you. You know her right?" Kang Minseok said, dodging Seulgi's question.

 

 

 

Seulgi's face enlightened just by hearing the name. "Yes Dad! She's cute but we're not that close yet. I think she's being shy around me." Seulgi pouted her lips. Kang Minseok sighed at the sight infront of him.

 

 

 

'You still act like a kid. I'm sorry in a lot of ways to you, my daughter.' Minseok thought in the back of his mind.

 

 

 

"Chaeyon told me she has a crush on you, ddeulgi-ya." Minseok said teasing his daughter. "That's why she feels awkward around you ever since."

 

 

 

Seulgi's eyes widened just by hearing the new information from her Dad. "She's telling you things like that Dad? Wow."

 

 

 

"Yes. Chaeyon is like a daughter to me." Seulgi felt a pang in her chest, feeling a slight jealousy.

 

 

 

"What's with the expression Seulgi?"

 

 

 

"I should be the only daughter you have Dad." 

 

 

 

"Are you jealous of her? I'm sorry!" Kang Minseok said, being alarmed.

 

 

 

"It's okay Dad. I understand you. Only if I've been with you longer."

 

 

 

"I'm really sorry, Daughter." Seulgi smiles at her Dad slightly.

 

 

 

Sure, she's really close with her Dad, but she wasn't with him while growing up. She could only see her Dad twice a month, when her mother was still alive. Those meetings aren't enough, Seulgi felt it. She wants her Dad to be with her longer, but her mother won't allow her with the reason that's still unknown to her. She's been thinking that her parents might be in a fight, but she always see them smiling with each other whenever her Dad visits them.

 

 

 

After her mother's death, that's when Seulgi really became close with her Dad. She lived with her Dad for 2 years but she decided to live in an apartment afterwards. She wants to live alone tho, that's what she's seeing in movies. At first, Minseok won't approve at his daughter's idea, but when Seulgi kept on bugging him about living alone, he finally let her daughter. He knew how her daughter grew up. He knew Seulgi doesn't know what is the real deal in real world, that's why letting her daughter live alone would be the worst decision he'll ever make, but he was wrong. While living alone, Seulgi found new people who could stay by her side, people like Yerim and Moonbyul. Kang Minseok have his eyes on Seulgi, assuring her daughter is safe with them, with anything around her.

 

 

 

But his eyes reported a news to him, saying Seulgi is seeing someone now. That a girl with the name of Bae Joohyun keeps on coming to his daughter's apartment, reason why he must have a word with his daughter. Kang Minseok knew who Bae Joohyun is. One of the most influential people in terms of business. They are business partners actually, and he trusts Bae Joohyun.

 

 

 

"Since you're being jealous about my relationship with Chaeyon, I have to ask you something Seulgi." Kang Minseok cleared his voice, fixing his tie as he looked at his daughter who's confused at her father's tone as of the moment.

 

 

 

"Who is Bae Joohyun in your life Seulgi?" Kang Minseok's tone is teasing, making his daughter furrows her brows. "I remember Bae Joohyun asking your number to me anyway."

 

 

 

"H-how did you know Irene Dad?" Seulgi said, touching her chin as confusion is evident on her face.

 

 

 

"Oh, so she's Irene to you now. I heard that's her English name. Beautiful name for a beautiful lady."

 

 

 

"You're quite right Dad, but how did you know her?"

 

 

 

"She's a great business partner of mine. She even asked your number to me. I heard you worked at her company as a designer. Did you quit? Or did she fire you?"

 

 

 

"I quit Dad."

 

 

 

"But why is she coming over your apartment almost every night? Something's going on between you two. Am I right?"

 

 

 

"Dad you know what, this is awkward. I never thought you would be this curious about my relationship with other people."

 

 

 

"I'm your father Seulgi. Of course I should know that. But if you refuse to tell me about your relationship with Bae Joohyun, I'll respect it."

 

 

 

"No Dad. Since Chaeyon's telling you about her feelings for me, I'll tell you about how I feel towards Irene Dad.

 

 

 

"I don't know. I can't understand her a lot of times, but I know she's been hiding pain inside her. I feel bad about her to he honest, Dad. I don't know why. Seems like she needed a person who could understand her, that's why I want to know more about her Dad." She dreamily said. "She makes me feel happy in everything she does to me. I felt comfortable around her, I felt secured whenever I'm with her. Only if Mom is still alive, I think she could understand whatever I felt towards Irene right now Dad."

 

 

 

Kang Minseok lowers her face, internally blaming himself once again.

 

 

 

"I'm happy to know that you feel those kind of feelings towards Bae Joohyun, Seulgi. If things will go right between you and Joohyun, you have my full support, remember that."

 

 

 

"What do you mean Dad?"

 

 

 

"You'll find out later on." Minseok winks at his daughter, making Seulgi closed , holding her laughter. "Dad, you don't know how to wink!"

 

 

 

"Same as you are!"

 

 

 

The father and daughter share conversation for minutes. Kang Minseok keeps on teasing Seulgi about Bae Joohyun but Seulgi seems to avoid the topic, thinking her Dad might find her relationship with Joohyun disgusting. Clearly, Seulgi was wrong, blinded by the fact that her mother always tell her things about love that only a man and woman were involved. Seulgi didn't bother to tell that to her Dad tho, thinking her Dad will be sorry for unknown reason again. 

 

 

 

The two shared conversation about handling a business. Minseok even shared the history of their family's company which made Seulgi amazed by the hard work of her father. Minseok taught Seulgi the basics, he knows that her daughter is smart, so Seulgi get his point instantly. Their conversation got interrupted when they heard a knock outside his office.

 

 

 

"President Kang, how may I help you?" A little voice from a cute girl with a puffy cheeks and a cat eyes enter the President's office, bowing her head.

 

 

 

The Father and daughter looked where the voice came from and there, they saw Lee Chaeyon, wearing a yellow long sleeve blouse and an office skirt. 

 

 

 

"Here's Chaeyon now Seulgi. I called her to assist you on your work."

 

 

 

"Dad, you could just be the one to teach me." Seulgi pouts her lips.

 

 

 

"Nah. I'm on my way to Paris next week,. I'll be meeting new business partners there so I couldn't focus on you yet. Lee Chaeyon is here to teach you everything Seulgi." Minseok pats his daughter's head.

 

 

 

"Okay Dad. Take care there. I know you trusts Secretary Lee so I'll trust her as well."

 

 

 

"Good, she'll teach you everything." Minseok gave Chaeyon a glance. "If she's being stubborn, feel free to scold her."

 

 

 

"Yes, President." Chaeyon bows at him.

 

 

 

"Seulgi, I'll be leaving now. I have a meeting to attend. Chaeyon will be guiding you. Take care, okay?" Minseok kissed his daughter's cheek. 

 

 

 

"Take care as well Dad. Love you."

 

 

 

"Love you too."

 

 

 

----

 

 

 

4:53 PM

 

 

 

"Secretary Lee, how am I supposed to do this?" Seulgi called the secretary's attention, asking her what she should do in some files in the computer in front of her. 

 

 

 

She reads all the files, making sure it's organized but seems like one of the files is missing. She panicked lightly because she doesn't know what to do. Chaeyon's work is to assist Seulgi, but Seulgi insisted that she'll just follow her instincts because she's somehow familiar in organizing files in a computer, but she's wrong. She'll not be needing Chaeyon's assistance if she really knows what to do.

 

 

 

Giggles escape from Chaeyon's mouth. "Finally, you're needing my assistance now." Chaeyon steps closer to Seulgi's desk. She takes a closer look in Seulgi's desktop, and analyze what file is currently missing.

 

 

 

"Ah, the accounting cycle this month. Here it is Miss Kang." 

 

 

 

"Ah yeah! Thanks Secretary Lee."

 

 

 

"Why are you organizing some files anyway?"

 

 

 

"I want to review the recent transactions of the company, since I'll be managing it soon. I need to check for the background. I'm also looking for potential business partners, making our company grow wider." Seulgi stretched her arms as she finally organized the files she needed.

 

 

 

"Wow, I think President Kang was just fooling me. You know what, he keeps on telling me that you really don't have any idea about business." Chaeyon looked at Seulgi, amazement dancing in her eyes.

 

 

 

"President Kang kept on telling me to be patient with you when you told him that you'll be working here from now on." 

 

 

 

"Really? Dad didn't know I'm a very smart person eh? I could cope up for just minutes, secretary Lee." Seulgi said in her boastful tone. She stood up from her seat and stepped closer on the wide window in her father's office. She looked at the view. 

 

 

 

"Is it true that you have a crush on me?" Seulgi asked Chaeyon out of nowhere, Chaeyon froze on her position. Seulgi was asking her casually, as if it's no big deal.

 

 

 

"I heard from Dad that you like me. That's why you're always acting awkward around me." She honestly said. "I want you to stop crushing on me Secretary Lee. I don't want things to be awkward especially at work." Seulgi seriously said. She turns her gaze to see the secretary's state. She smiled at her.

 

 

 

"I-it's awkward now that you opened up the topic Miss Kang." Chaeyon shyly said. "I'm sorry for having a crush on you. It's just a shallow feeling. Trust me, I just like you because you're so cute, also you're charismatic."

 

 

 

Seulgi steps closer to Chaeyon. She stretched her right arm to the secretary. "Don't be awkward around me again then. Since you're my co-worker from now on." Seulgi said smiling sweetly at Chaeyon. Chaeyon smiles at the latter infront of her, Kang Seulgi's smile is like a virus, it's transmittable.

 

 

 

Chaeyon grab the hand infront of her shaking it. They're smiling sweetly at each other, both eyes were genuinely happy. Chaeyon wants to melt at the sight but just shrug the thought away. Seulgi is her boss now, and the boss ordered her to not feel awkward around her anymore.

 

 

 

"I came here to surprise you, but I didn't expect I'll be the to be surprised." The two of them looked at the opened door of the office, a bunny clenching her jaw welcomed the two ladies who were currently shaking their hands.

 

 

 

Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter