Ten

Girl In The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She sways the eco bags she's holding as she walks down the alley way, on her way back to her apartment.

 

 

 

It's almost 10 in the evening but Seulgi couldn't sleep. So, she dicided to buy some stocks of her fridge to kill some time and to be tired. Her mind had been occupied by Irene since the last time they talked. It's been few days since they decided to end what's going on between them.

 

 

 

Seulgi's mind is always Irene. It seems like Irene is the only thing Seulgi knows, everything about her. She misses the latter, but she kept on asking herself, 'why?'

 

 

 

She respects Irene's decision. Of course. What they had was casual, but she couldn't deny the feelings that's building up inside her. It's been a while and god knows how much she misses Irene. Sad thing is that, she doesn't have the courage to meet Irene, to see her. Why? Because as they ended that set up, everything about them also ended. They're merely strangers now. 

 

 

 

Seulgi is always asking herself, she keeps on repeating the same questions to herself. Why did she agree to Irene? Why did she agree to end it? Seulgi's been enjoying Irene's company. She wants to be with Irene more than she wanna be with her three friends. Irene is always the highlight of Seulgi's day, that's why she finds it strange to not see the other girl again.

 

 

 

Workload isn't enough to not think about Irene. Seulgi may be busying herself with piles of paper but that's not enough to not think about her, Irene never failed to cross her mind. The desire of seeing the latter, the desire of kissing the latter again and again keep on pestering her, making Seulgi loss her focus on work, sometimes.

 

 

 

"Meow." She looked where the cute sound came from. There, she saw a big, fat grey cat sitting on the road looking at her. She smiled at the cat, remembering Irene's . Ah yeah, she hasn't met the yet and she doesn't know if she'll have a chance to meet Irene's .

 

 

 

Seulgi sat down on the ground where the cat is sitting. She puts down her eco bags filled with foods and other necessities. She looks at the cat, amazed.

 

 

 

Seulgi touched the cats head lightly, observing if the cat would attack her but to her surprised, the cat is too kind so Seulgi continously pat the cat's head.

 

 

 

"It's a good thing that I met a kind like you." She said patting the cat's body. "Woah you're so hairy! Look what you did on my sleeves!" She said dusting the fur that stick on her sleeves.

 

 

 

"Meow." Said the cat closing her eyes at Seulgi. Attitude.

 

 

 

"I cannot sleep." She said as if the cat is going to give her an advice about how to make her fall asleep. "She's occupying my mind." Seulgi lays on the ground. She placed her head on her left palm, elbow supporting. She kept on patting the cat using her right hand.

 

 

 

She sighed. "Since I saw you on my way home, I wanna talk to you. You reminded me of her, it's your fault that I'm talking to you now. Understand?" She said, laughing at herself. She looks crazy.

 

 

 

"I couldn't comprehend my feelings to be honest. She's keeping me up everynight that I find so hard to  asleep. She's always on my mind even if I'm doing things I have to do. Thinking about her had become a routine of mine." She shook her head while a sly smile is on her face. "I don't know, do I miss her? But why? Why would I miss her if ever I really miss her? It doesn't make sense right?" 

 

 

 

Seulgi layed on the ground, her back facing the night sky, she stared at the grey cat, envying it. 

 

 

 

'I want to become a cat.' she told to herself.

 

 

 

"Amanda." She lifts her head, following the owner of the voice where it came from. "Amanda." Said an old lady again, she smiled at Seulgi, Seulgi smiled at her back.

 

 

 

"Your name must be Amanda! How beautiful your name is." Seulgi whispered at the cat.

 

 

 

"Thank you Halmeoni!" Seulgi thanked the old woman for giving her the cat's name.

 

 

 

"Amanda, are you hungry?" She asked as if Amanda would gave her an answer.

 

 

 

"Meow."

 

 

 

"Ah, you must be hungry. It's really a good thing I saw you here. I don't think we met by coincidece. Gladly, I bought some tuna in the convenience store." Seulgi said searching for the canned tuna in her ecobag. She opened the tuna to feed it to Amanda.

 

 

 

'Irene, are you thinking about me as well?'

 

 

 

*Phone Rings.*

 

 

 

Seulgi jumped when she heard her phone ringing, she held her chest, surprised by the sound of her ringing tone. She searched for her phone on the back of her pocket, hoping a certain someone is calling her.

 

 

 

Sunmi-Unnie calling...

 

 

 

She sighed. Half-disappointed.

 

 

 

"Hello Sunmi-unnie?"

 

 

 

"Ddeulgi-ya! It's been a while. Sorry for calling you this late. What are you doing?"

 

 

 

She looked at Amanda, eating the canned tuna. Seulgi chuckled. "Talking to a cat."

 

 

 

"What? Are you busy?"

 

 

 

"No unnie. Why?"

 

 

 

"Wanna hang out tonight?"

 

 

 

Seulgi checked her phone to see the time. "S-sure. But isn't it late?"

 

 

 

"Aww. So you're not available tonight?"

 

 

 

"Well, I couldn't sleep so let's hang out then. It's been a while unnie."

 

 

 

"Yay! I'll be waiting for you then. Let's meet in the mall, same as before."

 

 

 

-----

 

 

 

"You became thinner. Your eyes looked tired. Seems like you haven't rested for a while." Sunmi is staring at Seulgi, placing her face on both of her palms, elbows supporting. Seulgi looked away from Sunmi, doesn't like how Sunmi gazed at her.

 

 

 

"Work is super tiring unnie, isn't it?" Sunmi nodded, convinced by her answer.

 

 

 

"You're so dedicated on your work, aren't you? Take care of your health too, Seulgi. I heard that's your family's company you're working at."

 

 

 

"That added more pressure unnie. I want to be my Dad. I'm going to be the successor soon." Seulgi proudly said, being narcissist infront of Sunmi.

 

 

 

Sunmi shook her head, couldn't take Seulgi's boastfulness. "Where's the innocent, naive, cute Seulgi I know? It's only been few weeks. Character development eh?" Sunmi teased.

 

 

 

"Maybe or maybe not. Work did so many things to me unnie." Seulgi giggled as she sips the iced tea infront of her. The two decided to meet up on a café inside the Reve's mall. Til now, Seulgi doesn't know the reason why Sunmi asked her to meet up.

 

 

 

"By the way, you really missed you Sunmi-unnie huh? Why did you ask me to hang out with you this late?"

 

 

 

"Why? Don't you miss me?" Sunmi said teasingly. "You don't want to hang out with me anymore?" The expression on Sunmi's face instantly changed into a pout. Seulgi laughed at her.

 

 

 

"You look like a duck unnie!" She teased.

 

 

 

"Tsh. You mean I look cute while pouting?"

 

 

 

"No. You look terrible." She laughs like a witch while pointing at Sunmi's face.

 

 

 

Sunmi stared at Seulgi looking like a child laughing at her. "You're a bully now?"

 

 

 

"Nah." Seulgi wiped the tears on her eyes caused by laughter. "Gosh, I laughed like this again. Thanks for making me laugh unnie! You really look horrible while pouting."

 

 

 

Sunmi jokingly glared at her. "I'm making Kang Seulgi happy now eh?" 

 

 

 

"Obviously, Sunmi-unnie."

 

 

 

They both giggle at each other then they fell into silence, busying themselves eating the cake they ordered. They're casually staring at each other, feeling the mood of one another. Not awkward at all. 

 

 

 

"Sunmi-unnie, is this what they call comfortable silence? I'm enjoying it." Seulgi broke the silence between the two of them.

 

 

 

"You're enjoying but you broke it!" Sunmi said giggling. She gave Seulgi a tissue when she saw icing on Seulgi's face. 

 

 

 

"You're still a child, aren't you? Look at your face, messy eater Kang." Sunmi scolded her, being an older sister to Seulgi again.

 

 

 

"Oh, sorry unnie."

 

 

 

Then they busied themselves eating once again. 

 

 

 

"I was surprised when you called me." Seulgi opened up a topic. "Is everything okay unnie?" She added which made Sunmi stiff.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter