Part 5: I see Minju again

[JinJoo] One and Only

Yujin’s POV

“Please welcome contestant KIM MINJUUUUU!”

Oops! The lights on the stage and in the auditorium suddenly went out. My eyes can’t see anything anymore, darkness surround. There is something just passed by me, across the heart, make it stop beating, my respiratory system is also shutting down.

Wait. Calm down, An Yujin! I need to take a breath first.

What’s going on here?? Kim Minju?

Didn’t I hear it wrong? That name, very familiar, the name I really want to call. It belongs to the person I’ve been waiting for, even though we haven’t seen each other in a long time, but i still didn’t forget. Minju unnie?

“Not sure if it’s your Minju. Just watch it. Calm down!”, maybe Yena unnie knows I’m losing my temper when I hears that name.

“Nae! I’m just a little surprised.”

A light gradually lights up on the stage. It begins to slowly change the angle, slowly move, and stop at the figure of a girl, with a guitar in hand.

Wow! She... she is... so beautiful!

Even from quite a distance, two-thirds of the auditorium, I can still be sure that she is really pretty. Along with her long brown hair, and light white dress, her face appeared like an angel that had just woken up. Reaching out her hand to adjust the microphone, holding the guitar firmly, taking a deep breath, she starts playing and singing.

Woo really really like you

 

Oraejeonbuteo gidaryeowatjyo

(I’ve been waiting since a long time ago)

Chuun gyeouri jina bomi oneun sorie

(With the sound of Spring that comes after the cold Winter)

Eoneusae nado moreuge imi jamdeureo itteon shimjangi ttwieo

(Unknowingly, my heart that has been asleep is now running)

Geuttaega nan tteoolla

(I am reminded of that time)

I have been waiting for you since a long time ago too, Minju unnie.

I remember

Cheoeum mannan uri geunal neomu mani chuweonna bwa

(That day we first met, I think we were very cold)

Cuz Iʼm with you

Eoreobuteun gyeoul jina saessagi jarana

(Passing by the freezing Winter, the sprouts grow)

 

Really like you nae soneul kkok jabajweo i son nochi mara jweo

(Really like you, please hold my hand tight, please don’t let go of this hand)

Ttaseuhan du soneul jabgoseo kkumkkul su itge

(So we can dream while holding onto our warm hands)

I really like you I really really like you

Neowa hamkkeraseo hwanage binnaneun kkumeul kkweo oneuldo

(Since I’m with you I am able to dream a brightly shining dream again tonight)

With you

...

(Really Like You – IZ*ONE)

Minju. She’s definitely Minju unnie. I finally got to see unnie again.

“Yaah! You’re crying Yujin? I know the lyrics sound emotional, but it’s not to the point where you have to cry like that!”, Yena unnie interrupted my feelings again.

“Minju! She’s the Minju unnie I’ve been waiting for. I know you’re going to wonder why I’m sitting here recognizing her after all this time. I know it sounds ridiculous but I can be sure of it, just by feeling.”

“OK! I believe you. But... Haha! You used to laugh at me when Yuri performed, now let’s see who’s crying? It’s a Puppy. Haha”, this Duck is teasing me again.

...

I think I really like you tto geunarui uril tteoollyeo

(I think I really like you , I think of us on that day once more)

Eojeboda han ppyeom deo jaran Uriui kkumi haneure dahgil

(I wish that our dreams that grew since yesterday would reach the sky)

Neowa na bichnaneun kkumeul hyanghae

(You and I, following the shining dream)

Han georeum deo georeo han georeum deo

(We walk a step forward, a step forward)

I think maybe I like you too, I always think about you, about that day. I still dream of the day we can be together.

Really like you ne soneul kkok jabeulge i son nohji anheulge

(Really like you, I’ll hold your hand tight, I’ll not let go of this hand)

Ttaseuhan du soneul japgo jeo haneureul barabwa

(Hold onto both warm hands and look at the sky)

I really like you I really really like you

Uri hamkkeramyeon eonjena bichnal su isseo forever

(If we’re together, we can shine whenever forever)

With you

(Really Like You – IZ*ONE)

I’m sure that I like you. I like you, Minju! This time I’ll hold your hand, I won’t let go.