Part 4: The Music and Art Contest

[JinJoo] One and Only

4 years later

 

3rd person’s P.O.V

“Here!”

After sprints for a while, Yujin finally can take a rest and breath when Yena signals to stop. It’s look likes our two little girls are in a hurry.

They stop in front of a big building, where is palatial and magnificent.

Yujin scowls “Unnie! What are we doing here today? We should be in the park.”

“I go with you there a lot of times so you have to go with me today”, Yena replies.

“Myeongdong theatre? You are interested in art, aren’t you?”, Yujin is unsatisfied with Yena’s offer but at the same time, she was suprised.

“Let’s get in! We are late. Trust me, it doesn’t waste your time, I’m sure you will like it”, Yena responds confidently.

“It’s because you wake up to late so we have to run like that. If it’s boring in there, I’ll kill you”, Yujin warns.

The two girl take a look at their outfit before going in. There is a big standee placed in front of the door.

Yujin reads with her eyes, “THE MUSIC AND ART CONTEST FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS – NATIONAL FINALS”, and a small directional noteat the bottom: “Audience please get in the auditorium by the way on 2nd floor and don’t use the 1st floor. The 1st floor is only for organizing committee, staffs and contestants.”

Quickly understand the situation, Yujin glances at Yena. Realizing Yujin are looking at her, Yena just smile shyly back.

They step through the door, there is a woman approachs them right away.

“Hello! You are going to see the contest, aren’t you? Please show me the invitations!”, that woman speaks to them.

“Do we need invitations?”, Yujin is confused.

“Here!”, Yena rapidly takes out the two invitations from her pocket and gives to the receptionist.

“Great! You are going that far!”, Yujin smiles and teases the Duck.

“We are still just friends!” Yena akwardly responds.

“Please go this way to the 2nd floor! Enjoy the performances, girls!”, the receptionist smiles and gives the invitations back to Yena.

Yena and Yujin just nod and rush to the stair.

“Each contestant is given up to 10 invitations for their family and friends, so there is nothing special between me and her”, the Duck are explaining.

“Haha! But it’s will change, right?”, Yujin laughs.

The two get inside the auditorium and while they were finding their seats, a performance had already done. All the audience starts clapping their hands loudly, they seem to have just watched a great performance. Our two girls look at each other in confusion and wonder what they just missed.

When the applauses stop, today’s MC was at the center of the stage and he starts to speak “Lady and gentleman! That was an excellent performance, so please once more time give a round of applause for YOO YEONJUNG!”. And the applause resounded strongly again.

“Maybe that girl did very well”, Yujin sits down and gives a comment.

“Shh! That girl will still lose to her”, Yena curl her duck lips up.

“And yes, that was a beautiful voice and a great performance from Yoo Yeonjung. But the next will not make you disappointed, the stage is performed by the girl who got highest score in the previous round, JO YURIII!”

The stage curtain is opened, in the center right now, a little girl with long black hair is sitting in front of a piano. Her fingers slowly start to play on the keys, soft music is sounded, and she sings.

Gipeun kkumsok geu eodinga kkeuchi eomneun eodum sogeuro

(Some place deep inside the dream, into the endless dark)

Jitge kkallyeojin angaee jamshi gireul ireo jeomjeom meoreojigo

(I temporarily get lose inside the thick layered fog and become distant)

 

Soneul ppeodeo dakil barabojiman

(I reach my hand out in hopes it’ll touch)

Nan dolgo doljyo tto hemaeilkkayo

(But I go round and round, will I wander once more)

 

Eonjenga uriye bamdo modu jinagagetjyo

(Someday our night will probably all pass too right)

Kkeuteomneun eodumi millyeowado nan dashin

(Even when the endless dark comes)

Duryeoweohajineun anchyo uri du son kkok jabgoseo

(I will never be scared again, let’s hold our hands tightly together)

Eodum kkeutjarak hamkke georeogalgeyo

(And I will walk the ends of the dark together with you)

 

...

(IZ*ONE - Someday)

Everyone in the auditorium seemed to be immersed in the deep, beautiful lyrics of the song, that husky voice of Yuri are making the song special and full of emotions. This is a whole new song, composed by Yuri intended for this finals. Although the song is new, the audience now are feeling the love inside is so close and it totally gives them goosebumps.

“Woah! Truly enchanting! Ask why you are whipped! Excellent!”, Yujin praises.

“Unnie! Are you crying? Wae? Hahaha.”, Yujin looks at Yena and sees the Duck’ve already been in tears.

“Yujin, I will marry her!”

“Are you crazy? You are in grade 9! And you haven’t even asked. Wow! Daebak, the intensity of love.”

...

Meon girirado uri kkeutkkaji majjabeun du son kkok japgo

(Even if the road is long, let’s continue to hold our hands tight together)

Kkeuti eopsneun gireul hamkke

(And walk the endless road)

 

Eonjenga maju bol geuttae urin miso jisgessjyo

(Someday when we look at each other, we will probably put on a smile)

Kkeutkkaji hamkke hal uriigie dasin

(Since it’s us who will be together until the end)

Duryeowohajineun anhjyo uri du son kkok japgoseo

(I will never be scared againLet’s hold our hands tightly together)

Balkeun bicceuro hamkke georeogalgeyo

(And I will walk towards the bright light together with you)

(IZ*ONE - Someday)

The whole audience stood up and clapped warmly for the little girl. Everyone is sad that the song is over, but they are so happy to be here and enjoy a great performance..

The stage curtain is closed again so that the performance behind is prepared. The MC of the contest appeared again.

“It was an excellent performance from the little girl Jo Yuri, a new song that she wrote herself to get to the finals today. Is it as expected, ladies and gentlemen? If that’s the case, then please give Jo Yuri one more round of applause.”

Everyone claps in unison, there’s even a whistling sound. This makes Yujin and Yena even more expecting a good result for Yuri today.

“Thank you very much. It was excellent, but I believe the following stage will also be a very impressive. Because it was the performance of the contestant with the highest score in the southern region in the previous round.”

The MC continues his narration.

“Please welcome contestant KIM MINJUUUUU!”