Part 2: Is it just only once?

[JinJoo] One and Only

3rs person’s P.O.V

“Hello! Is this the number of Mr. Park ******* relatives?”

“Yes! I’m Park ******, his daughter. Is there any problem?”

“I’m so sorry but I have to tell you this. Mr Park ******* suddenly had a and he has been taken to ******** hospital. Our doctors here gave the best of them...”

“Appa! ...”

 

Minju’s P.O.V

Ding dong! Ding dong!

...

Ding dong! Ding dong!

...

Ding dong! Ding dong!

...

That’s weird. She should be right here after I ring the doorbell. Is she going out?

“Please wait a minute! I’m coming!”, that is mom’s voice. Maybe the helper have some matter outside.

“Eomma! I’m home!”, I greet her with a loud voice to make sure that she can hear.

“Minju-ah! Are you back?”, it’s not a smile as usual when mom see me, there are some worries and sadness in her eyes.

“What’s going on? Did you cry? Are you home alone?”

Tears are coming up in her pretty face. She get lower and pull me in a hug.

After taking a deep breath and sigh, she speak softly: “Minju-ah! Your grandfather, my dad, he said good bye to this world and went to the heaven.”

“Where is he going? What is the heaven?”, this is the first time I have heard that word.

Mom is telling me: “He is not staying in this world with us anymore, we can’t meet him from now.”

“So that is we are not going to visit him in the island?”

Mom shake her head: “We can’t visit him, but we are going there to hold a funeral and we will stay with grandma. Because grandpa left, she’s alone. Do you want to live alone?”

“No! That’s sad”, nobody want to live lonely.

“Right! We will not let grandma have to live alone.”

“But...”

“What’s that? Don’t you wanna live with grandma? We should take care of her, grandma is sick, she can’t take care of herself.”

“So we are not living here anymore? How about aunt?”

“Yes. We are not living here, but Jindo island. Umm... from now to some time that I don’t know. We will sell this house, aunt is not our helper anymore. She said she would miss you much!”

I will live in grandma house? I miss them but I want to live here, I wanna go to school and play Yuri, she could be sad if I’m not with her.

And Yujin too, I just met her a moment ago. She made friends with me, Yujin is cute, and she even gave me vanilla ice cream. I can tell mom to call Yuri and say her goodbye, but how about Yujin? Mom doesn’t know her and her parents too, we can’t make a call. I also don’t know the number, and where she live. She said she just had one friend now to play with and that was me.

All of that and I can only meet her once in the lifetime? When I will see Yujin one more time?

I can’t stop the tears coming up from my eyes. And that’s just a friend I have met once, not as close to me as Yuri, I don’t know why I cry like this so bad. Maybe we couldn’t even get closer than that if I stay.

No. I’m sure we could get close. The reason are not clear but my heart just feel something about this, and maybe my heart know the reason.

No. We can’t get closer, because I and Yujin will not see each other anymore.

Shall we?

 

3rd person’s P.O.V

“Are you cry?”, the mother asks Minju when she suddenly sobbed.

“Yujin! Yujinie! Hichic”

“Who’s Yujin? Why do you cry?”

“I just met her today in the park! Hichic! But she cute! I promise that I will be her friend and meet her on every Sunday! Hichic! But now I can’t keep that! I also can’t say goodbye to her because I don’t know where she live. And you too, you don’t know her parent’s number! Hichic!”

“That’s just a friend you met once. You can make more friends in Jindo island”, she said that but inside, Minju’s mom is really sorry because the little girl rarely make a friend, Yuri also get a lot of difficulty when she want to get close with Minju. Have to stay apart without saying a goodbye is a really bad thing. She know, because just few hours ago, she couldn’t say goodbye to her father.

“I don’t want anyone except Yuri and Yujin”, she is still sobbing.

“So do you still wanna say goodbye with Yuri? I’m going to call Yuri’s mom, I want to say goodbye to them too.”

“Nae”, Minju nod and hardly wipe the tears.

 

Minju’s P.O.V

“Honey! I’m home! Have you prepared anything?”, it is dad’s voice.

“Appa!”

“Minju-ah! Are you ok?”, he pull me in a tight hug. Maybe he has seen my red swollen eyelid.

“Nae!”, I hesitantly reply, whatever happen, I still have to stay with my family.

“Have you say goodbye to Yuri? From now, we have to move to grandma’s place in Jindo island”, dad sign.

“I know it. I say goodbye to her by phone . Yuri cried a lot.”

“You cry too, didn’t you? I’m very sad too. But we must go now and hold your grandpa’s funeral. Grandma is sick, we shouldn’t let her alone for so long”, he said that and I can just nod.

“But will we see Yuri again? I will very  miss her”, and Yujin too.

“Of course! If we have time, we will back here at Seoul and meet Yuri”, that’s a fleeting smile on dad’s face. I hope I can see my friends again.

If we can go here, I will tell dad to make it in the weekend, hope that Yujin will be at the park and I can meet her. Will Yujin come? I’ll not there in next Sunday, maybe she will get upset. And next next Sunday, the next next next Sunday too. Yujin is not waiting for me anymore. Because I have broke the promise. Everything is bad. I’m bad. That snowing sky also bad.

“I have prepared everything that is essential for us. The rest will have to rely on shipping service, they will bring to Jindo later. Are you ready? Is that ok? You ok?”, Mom talk with dad.

“I also have already gone out there to handle some business problem, although it’s Sunday today, they understand make a meeting to pause the project because our family are in an important situation. We will solve everything after the funeral. That’s the most priority matter, other things can wait, so there’s no rush. Let’s go!”, dad answer.

And I really do not undestand what they are talking about. I just wanna cry.