Part 1: The first snowfall

[JinJoo] One and Only

3rd person’s P.O.V

“Yujin-ah! Wake up! Is it not that you wanna go to the park today?”, Yujin’s mom lightly touch the little shoulder of 5 years old girl. She didn’t want to wake her daughter up too soon because it’s Sunday today, but at the same time, see also don’t want the little girl just waste a beautiful morning by sleeping. In another days of week, Yujin has to wake up early and she is taken to the kindergarten, so it’s perfect for her when rolling herself in the blanket abed every Sunday morning.

“Good morning eomma!”, the 5 years old girl blink blink after a good sleep.

“Do you really like going to the park this bad? Don’t want to sleep anymore?”, the mother has been surprised by her daughter attitude, Yujin always have a very difficult morning to wake up.

“Nae! I just want to go outside and play”, Yujin sit up and innocently replies.

Her mom asks again: “Why? Is there something special in the park that you like?”

Yujin’s cheek is suddenly getting red, the girl shake her head: “No!”

“Fine, do your routine and let’s have breakfast with your dad!”

 

Yujin’s P.O.V

I really want to meet her! Last week, dad take me to grandpa’s house, I saw her when we pass over the park. She is cute! But I don’t know her name, also her age. Is she older? Younger? Or has the same age with me. But first, I have to see her again. And the sad fact is I also don’t have sureness that she will be there.

Let’s brush the teeth and wash my face!

“Yujin-ah! Dad is waiting for you!”, my mom’s calling me, I have to go down now.

“Nae! I’m coming!”, I hurriedly answer.

“Good morning appa!”, I see dad already sit in the dinner table.

“Come here and have breakfast together!”, dad calling me.

“Today is Sunday and will daddy take Yujinie to the park?”, my mom asks.

“Haha! You want to go out today, don’t you? No more sleep?”, dad look at me.

“Nae! I have grown up now and I will wake up early in the morning!”, I just said that because I don’t want they to know my really reason.

“Haha! OK I will buy you ice cream because my daughter has grown up now”, my dad just smile.

“Two!”

“OK! There will be two!”

 

Minju’s P.O.V

I’m sitting here at the park like every Sunday. I’m just drawing. I usually go to the park in Sunday morning and draw something, my home is just right here beside the park, and drawing is my hobby, I like singing too. Focusing to the flower on the grass ground there, suddenly I heard someone is coming closer. I think that I’m ready to run and scream if there is a stranger adult, mom and dad tell me to do that every time I go here without them. They will not be happy if I talk to the stranger, they said I can be kidnapped, and I’m scare too. But first, I have to see who is that.

“Annyeong!”, a little girl with the missing front teeth smile at me.

“Annyeong!”, I reply although it’s a stranger, but still fine if that’s just a kid, like me. Further more, her missing front teeth making her stupid and cute, absolutely harmless.

“What’s your name? How old are you? What are you doing here? Do you came here every Sunday? Wanna have some ice cream?”, she hand me an ice cream in her right, the chocolate flavor, and her left hand holding another one, vanilla flavor.

Vanilla flavor, I love that.

“I want that?”, I shake my head and point at her left hand.

“Here! I don’t know what is your favorite so I just tell my dad buy two”, she smile and hand me the ice cream.

Suddenly I feel my cheek is so hot.

“But you are asking me too much. I think I can’t answer immediately.”

 

Yujin’s P.O.V

“So what’s your name?”, her red face looks so cute.

“Minju! Kim Minju. And you?”

“Yujin! An Yujin. I’m 5 years old. How about you?”

“I’m 6! So you have to call me unnie, hehe!”, alright, because she is cute, I will call her whatever she want. I don’t know what to talk but just shyly eat the ice cream. Minju too, fortunately she love that vanilla flavor, I don’t like that, I love chocolate, hehe.

“Oh! Unnie, what are you doing?”, I curiously point at the thing that is bigger than my notebook at kindergarten but similar to.

“I’m drawing. This’s my drawing book.” So that’s drawing book, it’s bigger than my notebook.

“Let me see it! What are you drawing?”

“There! That flower!”, Minju unnie point at the flower on the grass ground opposite our spot.

“Woah! Beautiful! It’s beautiful like you”, I don’t know why I’m saying that, but I’m happy because of her smile.

“You are beautiful too”, I embarrassedly change my eyes direction, that’s so shy, she is praising me, it’s feel like someone burn the oven in front of my face.

“Unnie is prettier!”, I see her having a red face too, hihi, cute!

Suddenly I feel something drop at my cheek, it’s cold.

“Snowfall!”, Minju unnie is surprised.

“I feel cold, I think we should go home”, my dad maybe call me after a few minutes.

“So we are friends now?”, Minju unnie suddenly asks.

“Of course! Let’s be friends! So I have 2 friends now”, I happily said.

“Haha! Do you just have one friend if it’s not me?”, Minju unnie smile.

“Nae! In the kindergarten, there is no one play with me, but only Yena unnie. And she is at grade 2 in the primary school. There are 2 more years old for me to have the same grade with her.”

“Cute! Haha! Unnie is at grade 1. You have to grow up fast so you can go to school with us!”

“I will grow up soon, I will go to primary school with you!”, I’m looking forward to that day to come from now , huhu.

“Yujinie! Let’s go home! It’s cold now, snow start falling, you will not like being sick!”, I heard my dad call from afar.

“Nae! Wait for me daddy!”

“Minju unnie, will you come here the next Sunday?”, I hope she will say yes.

“I will come! Every Sunday unnie come here too. Come and play with me next week!”, Minju unnie smile. Of course, I will come to this park every Sunday till my last day of life.

“See you next week, you should go home now too, you can get sick!”

“Um! Bye bye Yujinie! I’m going home too!” Minju unnie wave at me. I just don’t want to go, why the snow have to fall now?

“Bye bye Minju unnie! Annyeong!”

“Annyeong!”

 

3rd person’s P.O.V

“Why there is snow today dad?”, Yujin holding the father’s hand and asks him annoyed.

“Maybe it’s winter start from now. Today is the first snowfall”, her dad replies.

“What is the first snowfall?”, she asks again.

“Do you know? They said that If two people see the first snowfall together, they will be together forever”, the father jokingly smile.

“Jinja? (Really?) “, the sadness goodbye with Minju unnie evaporate like never existed, Yujin is happy inside, hoping what she just heard from her dad is not a joke that adults usually say to kids.