Part 22: The first kiss

[JinJoo] One and Only

3rd person’s P.O.V

“So you two are officially a couple?”, Yena asked.

“I’m not sure. She did not answer correctly. But maybe that’s it”, Yujin couldn’t hide the smile on her lips.

“Well! So Puppy has a girlfriend before this older sister!”

“You still haven’t confessed yet? Yuri unnie too? I really don’t know what’s wrong with these two girls.”

Vibrate! Vibrate! Vibrate!

“I’ll go get the drink,” Yena picked up a card that was vibrating and flashing a light on the table, which connected wirelessly to the store’s remote control device to signal that a drink or dish was prepared by the staff, and customers can serve themselves at the counter, and made a gesture with her.

Yujin nodded. She was so looking forward to spending this afternoon with Minju, like most newly formed couples, they always wanted to be together. All day today, Yujin couldn’t focus on anything, she always had that someone’s image in her head. Just texting on the phone is of course not enough, Yujin was missing her lovely unnie so much that she didn’t even bother to eat lunch. But things didn’t go as planned because Minju needed to be at the first music club gathering with Yuri. They will hold meetings, propose ideas for programs, schedule practice, ... and discuss many other things every Monday afternoon after school. As new members, Minju and Yuri can’t be absent from the first meeting. So right now, the person next to her could be none other than Yena, in a street coffee. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, Yujin wants to tell her about a lot of things too, mainly about that other girl of course. We can’t keep joy and happiness in heart forever ourself, sharing and spreading it to the close people around can make everything even better.

Yesterday was indeed a great day for Yujin. She suddenly remembered when she said goodbye to Minju, they couldn’t stay together for too long because they both had to go home to have dinner with their families.

“Yujin ah! Let’s go home!”, Minju looked at the clock on her phone, she had to call because Yujin was busy playing with the kids in the park. Why wasn’t she right next to Minju? In that wonderful moment, the surrounding space was so romantic with the gentle breeze blowing and the red autumn leaves floating in the air, there was another super cute Minju right in front of the eyes. Who can stand? Lightning fast, Yujin didn’t need half a second to think about the consequences or anything, she tilted her head forward, placing her lips on the ones of the person in front of her. But it was also lightning fast, Yujin realized her “mistake” and ran as fast as her legs could carry one, out of Minju’s reach before she could understand and assess the situation. It all happened within 3 seconds, Yujin was standing 5 meters away from her. She froze for a moment, then she realized that she had just been blatantly robbed of her first kiss. Worse, it comes and goes so fast, Minju can’t even taste it yet. She rolled her eyes at Yujin, about to explode with rage. But before she could open , Yujin in the distance was already clasping her hands and begging her with wide, pitiful puppy eyes. The scene is as if your pet dog has just messed up, the house is dirty, and the whole thing is messed up, but he makes his apologetic expression so cute that you can’t bear to hit him. Minju laughed: “Ya! Come here, I won’t do anything to you.” Yujin shook her head repeatedly: “No way! It’s too dangerous”, and then she ran away. Actually, because she was too shy, she didn’t dare to look directly at Minju, so she made an excuse to avoid her for a while, and within a minute, Yujin was acquainted with the children playing in the sandbox nearby.

“Aren’t you mad at me?”, Yujin slowly walked towards Minju, still sitting in the chair. The shorter the distance between the two of them, the slower her feet move, which makes Minju laugh.

“No. Let’s go home, it’s late”, said, Minju stood up and approached Yujin.

“Can’t we have dinner together?”, Yujin asked regretfully.

“Your parents are waiting for you at home. Come back soon”, Minju reached out and patted her head.

“Nae! Shall we go home together?”, suggested Yujin.

“No, we shan’t! From here, our house is in two different directions, it will be late. We can talk on the phone.”

Yujin pouted and nodded. Minju knew that Yujin wasn’t happy to have to leave right now, so she took the initiative to hold her hand as they both left the park. Actually, she was also very sorry to have to say goodbye to Yujin, but anyway, the two still have a lot of time and other opportunities together.

“Minju unnie!”, Yujin suddenly called out to her while they were both waiting for the bus. Minju turned around and was surprised to see Yujin holding the gold medal she won today, unable to guess what Yujin intends to do with it.

“Will you… agree to be my girlfriend?”, Yujin handed the medal to Minju.

“Does that have to be asked?”, Minju smiled sheepishly, but then looked at her, blinking with a confused expression, “And what is this?”

“It’s for you...”, Yujin shyly, “My confession gift... Right now I don’t have anything worthwhile to give you, it’s the most precious thing to me.”

Seeing Minju still staring blankly, Yujin urged: “Hurry up and take it unnie, my hands are tired.”

Hearing her say that, Minju had to reach out and take it. She turned the two sides of the medal back and forth and watched intently. The medal was made of brass, with a few gold-plated points, on top was a stylized running figure that was a symbol of athletics, the details look simple, not too fussy, because this was anyway, only the prize of a domestic competition for students. Although its material value was not high, Minju understood it had great spiritual significance for Yujin and was a pride for her.

“It is so beautiful! Thank you! But why did you give it to me? I worked so hard to get it”, Minju questioned.

“It’s true that I tried really hard, but you have a part in it too”, Yujin replied with a smile.

“Huh? Me? What did I do?”, Minju shook her head.

“It’s yes. But that’s a secret”, Yujin winked.

Just then, the bus that Yujin was waiting for came to the stop.

“The bus has arrived. I’ll go first! Remember to be careful!”, Yujin stood up and waved to Minju.

“Um! Remember to be careful too! Bye bye Yujinie!”, she also smiled and waved back.

“Bye bye unnie!”

Yujin just stepped on the door of the bus when suddenly Minju’s hand grabbed her.

Minju used her hand to signal Yujin to lower her body, because she was taller than her, and was still standing in the bus. Yujin thought she wanted to whisper something to her so she obeyed, turned around a little and crouched low. As soon as she was within the range , Minju nimbly kissed her on her cheek, returning Yujin’s stolen kiss earlier. But it was  just a kiss on the cheek, Minju thought she was not ready for a real kiss.

Yujin didn’t anticipate that action, so she lost her balance a bit, but fortunately she was able to reflexively hit the bar right next to the bus door, avoiding a face-down phase. Minju couldn’t help but laugh out loud, making Yujin blush shyly. And the driver behind her cleared his throat and reminded, fortunately there were only a few passengers in the bus at that time and they were also doing their own things.

“Did someone give you a slap? Is it painful? Why do you keep rubbing your cheeks?”

Yujin was startled, not knowing when Yena was sitting in front of her. Seeing Yena’s sinister smile and eyes looking at her, Yujin thought she guessed something.

“No... nothing”, Yujin replied.

“Nothing really?”, Yena continued, “Then why is your face so red all of a sudden? Haha!”

Yujin was silent, she took the cup of milk tea on the table and it, unable to answer.

“Fortunately, nothing awkward happened between everyone”, Yena breathed a sigh of relief.

“What do you mean? Could something have happened? With whom?”, Yujin questioned.

“Well with you, Minju and Chaewon. Didn’t you act very annoyed with jealousy before? I feel lucky that I wasn’t stuck in the middle,” explained Yena.

“Yeah. Luckily Minju unnie likes me as same as I like her. But what about Chaewon? Is she okay?”, Yujin had completely forgotten about Chaewon since yesterday.

“Not sure anymore. But I can see that she seems to be fine, very fine. He looks so happy today”, Yena recalled Chaewon’s bright face all day at school in her mind.

“Didn’t you say that she likes Minju unnie too? Or is it not?”

Yena scratched her head: “Could it be that I was wrong? Is not. It can’t be wrong. Or is there something else I don’t know?”

 

____________

I'm back! Tada!

I'm really sorry everyone for not updating for so long, it must have been 3 months, not less ( T . T ) much later than expected.

The story is that after I finished the final reports of the semester, took the test, ... thought I would have free time, I could continue to write the fic, but my computer malfunctioned with some problems, both 2. I can fix one by myself, main pc, the one I’m using now, just wait to install a hard drive on the way back from the warranty and it’s done. As for the other pc, it took me more time to mess around, but then there were many difficult problems, many damaged components, so I had to bring it to a electronics repairman. And when I haven’t taken my pc back yet, both me and my family got covid 19. My symptoms are not too severe, but in general, all activities are a bit more difficult than usual. But my parents are weaker, they have many severe symptoms and take a long time to recover, so the whole family was harder with daily housework. And there are many other problems that follow.

After recovering from the illness, I also had some other problems so I couldn’t continue writing right away, mainly because I had that kind of mood drop, maybe I’m not very good at writing, I’m normally already bad, so when I don’t have the inspiration, it would be very bad. Hopefully, I can quickly study and work more productively and efficiently, but now I find myself very lazy and depressed.

This part is a bit short and a bit bad, but I hope everyone will forgive this shortcoming of mine. Anyway, I’m so sorry everyone!

Wishing everyone a very happy and lucky year in 2022, trying to develop yourselves, doing the things you want and love!

I have to try really hard too :(((((