tucking her in

inhale, exhale on repeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where's Soojin?" Someone asked over the heavy bass pumping through the speaker. 

The first party goer shrugged, unphased by the absence of the birthday girl. The second party goer, on the tips of their toes, looked over the thick of the crowd. At the DJ booth, Soyeon was speaking with the DJ. In the thick of the games was Yuqi. Minnie was discussing something over the food table. And Miyeon was rushing on her way by. 

"Miyeon!" 

The woman in question stopped. Her head swivelled as she searched for the voice that called her name. 

"Here!" the guest waved and, when Miyeon was close enough to hear properly, asked, "Have you seen Soojin?" 

"Yes!" Miyeon answered the question with her head bobbing along to the music. 

When there was no further explanation, the guest motioned her to continue, "Where is she?" 

"Tucking Shuhua in!" 

Wide eyed, another guest glanced at the clock on the kitchen wall, "It's not even midnight!" 

With a bright smile, Miyeon nodded, "Enjoy the party!" Then she disappeared into the throngs of bodies. 

Later that night, as the party was winding down, the curious guest asked, "Did you ever end up seeing Soojin?" 

Shaking their heads, the guests around them added, "I think I saw her once." 

Greeting people on the way out, Soyeon smiled, "Thanks for coming." 

In the elevator, the group of guests wondered aloud, "Did anyone see Soojin?" 

Someone i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter